Miser

krobert6

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not believe a word :(

Less than 34 baht each for wife and kids. Unless your wife works then this is near impossible, however she may dress in rags and never eat.

100 baht a day for a woman and two kids is near poverty even for a Thai person.

You speak crap unless there is more income you have not mentioned ?

Every person (including Thai women) has a different propensity to spend, which generally varies over time depending on circumstances.

It seems the OP's wife has an extremely low propensity to spend, which is neither good nor bad (per se).

Communication is the key to ensure the obvious risk that she could be underspending (especially on issues relating to her kids).

When the OP is next in Thailand he can see first-hand how they are living and provide any necessary financial assistance.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Edited by brit1984

My wife would find it so humiliating to ask me for money for tampons, hairdressing, manicures etc.

If my wife were to be a stay at home mum, I would expect her to want to save something from the housekeeping to contribute to the above but on B100 a day for 3 people, I doubt whether there was any spare for the rats to eat.rolleyes.gif

I do not believe a word sad.png

Less than 34 baht each for wife and kids. Unless your wife works then this is near impossible, however she may dress in rags and never eat.

Either you are just a troll or just speak rubbish

I said "I will be there in 20 days and I asked if she needed any money, she said she had about 400 baht and could I sent her 2000 baht till I get there.... 100 baht a day for her and 2 kids and she has been living happily on that for the last 2 months."

I did not say I gave her 2000 (in fact I gave her 3000) I did not say that is ALL she lives on , when I am there every 3 months I buy the necessary clothes and items they require to make them happy. She has a newly built home, 2 large LCD tv's, cable etc.

So what is all this nonsense some of you guys are espousing ?? She, and they are happy, not greedy, they want for nothing.

Every person (including Thai women) has a different propensity to spend, which generally varies over time depending on circumstances.

It seems the OP's wife has an extremely low propensity to spend, which is neither good nor bad (per se).

Communication is the key to ensure the obvious risk that she could be underspending (especially on issues relating to her kids).

When the OP is next in Thailand he can see first-hand how they are living and provide any necessary financial assistance.

Thanks, some people just do not understand. The first time I went to see her, she told me all was well - she was licing in a rented house I paid for sleeping an a hard floor, no fridge tv etc - I bought all the necessities and she was over the moon. When she asked for 2000 for 20 days I was shocked - I said I would tranfer 3000 and see if she was ok, if she needed more - just ask (no helping the natives as one idiot mentioned - providing for my family)

Edited by krobert6

I said "I will be there in 20 days and I asked if she needed any money, she said she had about 400 baht and could I sent her 2000 baht till I get there.... 100 baht a day for her and 2 kids and she has been living happily on that for the last 2 months."

I did not say I gave her 2000 (in fact I gave her 3000) I did not say that is ALL she lives on , when I am there every 3 months I buy the necessary clothes and items they require to make them happy. She has a newly built home, 2 large LCD tv's, cable etc.

So what is all this nonsense some of you guys are espousing ?? She, and they are happy, not greedy, they want for nothing.

Thenks, some people just do not understand. The first time I went to see her, she told me all was well - she was licing in a rented house I paid for sleeping an a hard floor, no fridge tv etc - I bought all the necessities and she was over the moon. When she asked for 2000 for 20 days I was shocked - I said I would tranfer 3000 and see if she was ok, if she needed more - just ask (no helping the natives as one idiot mentioned - providing for my family)

From what you tell us it seems she is a bit (or very) shy. As others have suggested, she may well be suffering in silence.

I suggest you put a decent sized lump sum in a bank account in her name (only) and tell her she can spend that as she wishes (you can also top it up regularly).

Communication is the key to finding out how much she really needs but if that fails you might need to do the maths yourself.

• Like 1

Reply for both BRIT and VF.

I am sure my wife will become accustomed to the fact that I will provide for all her needs as she/they require. She will never wat for anything, she is shy - but not to the stage she would risk hunger of issues for the lack of money. We do go on great holidays when I am there (next time Mae Hong Son) . So transition time is all important for her - now radical influx of cash, she has had a massive change of life with the house and me taking up fatherhood of her 2 children (now mine).

Edited by krobert6

My wife would find it so humiliating to ask me for money for tampons, hairdressing, manicures etc.

If my wife were to be a stay at home mum, I would expect her to want to save something from the housekeeping to contribute to the above but on B100 a day for 3 people, I doubt whether there was any spare for the rats to eat.rolleyes.gif

Try reading and paying attention more carefully.

)

PS my wife has never wanted (needed) minicures, makeup etc - nor tampons, only pads)

Edited by krobert6

Thanks, some people just do not understand. The first time I went to see her, she told me all was well - she was licing in a rented house I paid for sleeping an a hard floor, no fridge tv etc - I bought all the necessities and she was over the moon. When she asked for 2000 for 20 days I was shocked - I said I would tranfer 3000 and see if she was ok, if she needed more - just ask (no helping the natives as one idiot mentioned - providing for my family)

The idiot is backw00t.gif . She is your wife, why should she beg you for money? As for providing for your family, you mentioned in an earlier post, that your carport in Australia was more expensive, than your familyhome here. True lovewhistling.gif On the other hand it is not easy for a 65 year old grandmother of ten to find a farang husbandermm.gif

I do not believe a word sad.pngLess than 34 baht each for wife and kids. Unless your wife works then this is near impossible, however she may dress in rags and never eat.100 baht a day for a woman and two kids is near poverty even for a Thai person.You speak crap unless there is more income you have not mentioned ?
Either you are just a troll or just speak rubbishI said "I will be there in 20 days and I asked if she needed any money, she said she had about 400 baht and could I sent her 2000 baht till I get there.... 100 baht a day for her and 2 kids and she has been living happily on that for the last 2 months."I did not say I gave her 2000 (in fact I gave her 3000) I did not say that is ALL she lives on , when I am there every 3 months I buy the necessary clothes and items they require to make them happy. She has a newly built home, 2 large LCD tv's, cable etc.So what is all this nonsense some of you guys are espousing ?? She, and they are happy, not greedy, they want for nothing.
Every person (including Thai women) has a different propensity to spend, which generally varies over time depending on circumstances.It seems the OP's wife has an extremely low propensity to spend, which is neither good nor bad (per se).Communication is the key to ensure the obvious risk that she could be underspending (especially on issues relating to her kids).When the OP is next in Thailand he can see first-hand how they are living and provide any necessary financial assistance.Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules
Double postermm.gif Edited by soi41

The idiot is backw00t.gif . She is your wife, why should she beg you for money? As for providing for your family, you mentioned in an earlier post, that your carport in Australia was more expensive, than your familyhome here. True lovewhistling.gif On the other hand it is not easy for a 65 year old grandmother of ten to find a farang husbandermm.gif

I don't think he mentioned anything about her begging for money, only asking if she needed more. What else should he do, leave his ATM card with her?

A decent carport in Australia may well cost as much as Thai house in a village here, your point has no relevance, neither does the rude remarks re a 65 year old grandmother.

lol - must be 'beer o'clock in your area' learn reading and comprehension and post later

I don't think he mentioned anything about her begging for money, only asking if she needed more. What else should he do, leave his ATM card with her?

A decent carport in Australia may well cost as much as Thai house in a village here, your point has no relevance, neither does the rude remarks re a 65 year old grandmother.

Thank God, exactly what I am getting too

)

PS my wife has never wanted (needed) minicures, makeup etc - nor tampons, only pads)

When you go through your posts they actually dont make common sense seriously! You backtrack constantly! Then you proceed on another post to insult 60 year olds.. and or insulting western women. You are putting the Australian education system to shamebiggrin.png

)

When you go through your posts they actually dont make common sense seriously! You backtrack constantly! Then you proceed on another post to insult 60 year olds.. and or insulting western women. You are putting the Australian education system to shamebiggrin.png

Cannot do that as I was educated at Glasgow University :)

)

Cannot do that as I was educated at Glasgow University smile.png

clap2.gifclap2.gif

Simply put, i am not off my meds, nor do i take meds.

The non-sequiturs (lyrics from a Smiths song) i have been posting are just my way of avoiding pointing out that nobody really gives a shit how much money you wife spends or doesn't spend. That some girls are bigger than others -- people are indeed different.

These threads are akin to somebody asserting that their puppy shits on the rug and having somebody else say mine doesn't.

The point to these threads is simple. Those with dogs that shit the rug are looking for commiseration with other people saddled with crap animals, those without are more than content to smugly point out that by some amount of skill, superiority or commons sense they got a good 'un.

The fact of the matter is that most of the posters who actually feel the need to contribute to these inane discussions have all settled up in some way and perhaps share enough doubt in the suitability of their choices to seek the reassurance of others who have made similar poor choices.

perhaps i should have stuck to what appeared to be non-sequiturs

Edited by nocturn
  • Like 2

Simply put, i am not off my meds, nor do i take meds.

The non-sequiturs (lyrics from a Smiths song) i have been posting are just my way of avoiding pointing out that nobody really gives a shit how much money you wife spends or doesn't spend. That some girls are bigger than others -- people are indeed different.

These threads are akin to somebody asserting that their puppy shits on the rug and having somebody else say mine doesn't.

The point to these threads is simple. Those with dogs that shit the rug are looking for commiseration with other people saddled with crap animals, those without are more than content to smugly point out that by some amount of skill, superiority or commons sense they got a good 'un.

The fact of the matter is that most of the posters who actually feel the need to contribute to these inane discussions have all settled up in some way and perhaps share enough doubt in the suitability of their choices to seek the reassurance of others who have made similar poor choices.

perhaps i should have stuck to what appeared to be non-sequiturs

That's pretty esoteric, quoting lyrics from a Smiths song. Did you assume that everyone would grasp this rather vague reference? Now you have had to post to explain yourself, it might have just been easier just to make your point clear at the get go.