Pattaya Radio Station Website Hacked

TommyDee

Admin from another chatroom called me today and has reported to us that our website, for Fabulous Pattaya 103FM has been hacked and contains Malware.

I dont really see why anyone would be pathetic enough to hack our website, it is simply the webpage of a small but happy radio station.

Our Webmaster DID install certain tracing programmes which has already allowed us to trace the hacker, right back to the Internet address in Thailand used to hack us.

The site will be repaired as soon as possible. please do NOT visit it!

MEANWHILE.. we also have the backup of our original website, which is TOTALLY Malware free. The site is out of date but works fine..

www.pattaya103FM.com ( same as the main one but with FM on the end)

Plus TUNE-IN is a great listening source

http://tunein.com/tuner/?StationId=167318&

we cant apologise enough to our listeners and never imagined anyone would see us as such a challenge that they would want to introduce damaging malware to the public. May they rot in hell.

Kind regards

Tommy

ps.. no promises of "fix today" as I want to make sure that the site is fully safe first.. Updates will follow.

• Like 2

Personal attack removed.

Hacking into or defacing a web site is a criminal offence and can be pursued even here in Thailand with the Cyber Crimes Division in Bangkok

As you say Tommy, you wouldn't imagine that anyone would see you as such a challenge that they would introduce damaging malware. But, nevertheless it happened. Check out the competition is my advice for what it's worth. Certain media outlets,(i use the term loosely), here in Pattaya won't take kindly to seeing their perceived turf being usurped by young upstarts like you! Hang on in there mate, but watch your back.

I so love to listen to Thai Broadcasts or Thai radio stations during the day at work. But the company blocks all sorts of things like that. Can't get much that streams or whatever it looks for. This site has a link I can play. Can you put more Thai music on?

Our Fabulous website is once again back up and running :) Big thanks to our friends at Eezytouch who did the job for us.

my understanding of websites and hacking is very small, but seems someone managed to insert some "code" into the site without having the password.. ( how does that work?) anyway, the "fix" seems to be that you dlete everything and reload the whole site. this time with added security.

www.pattaya103.com

Tommy, i have tried clicking on the links and simply typing it into my browser - keeps diverting to google netherlands???? Something still not right!! Still working on pattaya103fm.com though??????

Tommy, i have tried clicking on the links and simply typing it into my browser - keeps diverting to google netherlands???? Something still not right!! Still working on pattaya103fm.com though??????

back to the drawing board. sorry :(

my understanding of websites and hacking is very small, but seems someone managed to insert some "code" into the site without having the password.. ( how does that work?) anyway, the "fix" seems to be that you dlete everything and reload the whole site. this time with added security.

Maybe it was Eezytouch themselves that got hacked rather than just your particular site as their own Google links are currently redirecting to some very odd places. Maybe it was just a DNS hack which would explain why it took so long to fix for some people and not for others. Deleting and reloading an average site from backup should be a matter of 10s of minutes, and should take effect instantly for all visitors, and this would be the correct procedure if the site itself had been hacked into.

Either way it probably means that whoever was handling their security and update procedures wasn't paying attention.

I don't know if this is connected, but I haven't been able to get on the Secrets Bar website for 2 days now.

I also keep getting unexplained advertising sites appearing - which I don't open.

Seeing the warning about the FBI closing down some servers that had been hijacked I wonder if this is the cause.

I have done a DNS check and that is ok - as advised by the BBC report on the FBI action.

Maybe it was Eezytouch themselves that got hacked rather than just your particular site as their own Google links are currently redirecting to some very odd places. Maybe it was just a DNS hack which would explain why it took so long to fix for some people and not for others. Deleting and reloading an average site from backup should be a matter of 10s of minutes, and should take effect instantly for all visitors, and this would be the correct procedure if the site itself had been hacked into.

Either way it probably means that whoever was handling their security and update procedures wasn't paying attention.

Back up and tested to be clean as snow now. nothing to do with the boys at eezytouch , they cleaned our bit twice.. worked with the server co and now all is well. as said, I know nothing about websites