Hua Hin - Dusit Thani Hotel

Using Thai Airways FF points that will expire, we got certificates that give us 4 nights stay at many hotels in Thai. We picked Dusit Thani (not much choice at Hua Hin, by Thai airways plan).

The certificates say we have to call the hotel directly, quote the certificate code and make our booking.

Then, it becomes 1,600THB for all 3 of us, per day. I guess, that is more than run of the mill hotels , like Grand hotel Hua Hin charge for any stay (900THB a day) , no points or discounts.

We will have a car, so the hotel (Dusit Thani) being away from the city, won't be much of a problem.

Is it worthwhile? Or just discard the points (let them lapse) and go regularly, on our own location and other preferences?

Edited by think_too_mut

Just checked the prices, it is not now 900THB, it is a way more at that "Grand" hotel. We stayed there on our way to Koh Samui, one night, 2 times. Could be the prices have gone up, hard to believe they (the hotel) has done much to offer more for extra money.

Its a lovely Hotel. My brother stayed there for 10 days. It would normally be about 6-7000 bt per night. I would stay there if I was you. He said their BBQ on the beach was fantastic..

• Like 2

Its a lovely Hotel. My brother stayed there for 10 days. It would normally be about 6-7000 bt per night. I would stay there if I was you. He said their BBQ on the beach was fantastic..

It's Dusit Thani for a week. With a car (through ThaiVisa rental. 30% cheaper than the nearest offer, same car from the same renowned company) it won't be a problem to go to the city and to the waterpark.

Edited by think_too_mut

HI

I stayed at the Dusit in May using my Thai Air Miles for a week.

IT IS AMAZING BEST HOTEL I HAVE STAYED IN THAILAND.

I had to pay some tax at the end of the holiday about 3000B

Food delicious!

But yes go for it.....

Cheers