Do I Need Visa?

From Ministry of Foreign Affairs website:

TEMPORARY TOURIST VISA : VISA ON ARRIVAL

- According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements, passport holders from 20 countries may apply for visas at the immigration checkpoints for the purpose of tourism for the period of not exceeding 15 days.

- The applicant must possess means of living expenses 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly.

- The applicant must produce full paid ticket which is usable within 15 days since the date of entry.

- Visa on arrival is provided at 23 designated international checkpoints and applicants should produce the application form to which his/her recent photograph (2 ½ inches) is attached. The application fee is 1,000 Baht.

- Visitors who enter the Kingdom with Visa on Arrival generally cannot file an application for extension of stay except in special cases such as illness which prevents them from travelling, etc. They can submit an application at the Office of Immigration Bureau , Immigration Division 1, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120. Tel. (662) 287-3127 or 287-3101-10 ext. 2264-5 or at website http://www.police.go.th/frconten.htm

Hi friends,

My girlfriend and I, aged 25, are planning to go to Phuket. We are citizens of PRC China. do we have to apply for visa in advance?

Generally, everybody visiting Thailand needs a visa. Excemted fromthis are natioals from 40 countries and 1 region (Hong Kong) who, as tourists, can enter Thailand visa-exempted for not more than 30 days.

Nationals of 20 countries can apply for visa on arrival, this includes China PRC. So you can apply upon arrival. Should, however, a RT Consulate be near to where you live, I would recommend to get a visa there. Will save you time once you arrive as with visa you can go straight to the immigration counter rather than waiting for your visa to be proceeded at the airport.

Hi friends,

My girlfriend and I, aged 25, are planning to go to Phuket. We are citizens of PRC China. do we have to apply for visa in advance?

NO

I believe these answers are all technically correct - however I had a Chinese friend visit me a while back and the Airline would not let her on the plane without a visa. Had nothing to do with Thai regulations, simply an airline policy at the time. Be as well to check with the airline you are flying with as well to be sure. Policies may have changed since then.