Where To Purchase Cuban Cigars In Chiang Mai?

vacationman

If that's near the big hotel then I guess I know where it is thanks.

On Charaon Prathet road is a shop selling beer and wine and also Cigars ,some Cuban .Its not far from the Iron bridge heading to Tha Pae road on the left side of the road .

On Charaon Prathet road is a shop selling beer and wine and also Cigars ,some Cuban .Its not far from the Iron bridge heading to Tha Pae road on the left side of the road .

Thanks for the heads up... keep them coming if anyone else knows of other places to purchase Cuban Cigars.

Thanks.

paid around 600 bht for a Petit Tubos last time at place mentioned above, always wonder if they are counterfeit whereever I buy them as I might not know the difference of a good Cuban seed copy. Back in America, as they are still illegal, I would buy on black market which was rife with fakes so I would buy also buy them at what I considered safe airport duty free such as in Tel Aviv so one could only imagine what you get here, anybody know more than my speculation?

Blue Monkey at Kantary Terrace advertises that they have them. I've never been.

In addition to questioning the authenticity, can anyone comment on the freshness of the Cuban cigars available in CM?

I use to purchase them at the Oriental Hotel in BKK, they have pretty much whatever you are looking for, but at a price...a high price.

Give them a call and they will deliver as long as you have an account with them.

...and yes they have Cohibas, a box will cost you about $100-200 USD depending on type. Cant remember if they sell singles, I only bought boxes to roll blunts..(hah just kidding)

The room is humidity / temperature controlled, the cigars are always at their prime.

Edited by KRS1

Not Cuban but a nice Cigar i buy there is Villiger Premium no 7 Sumatra .They are B 390 for a box of 5 . ( about the size of a half carona) .Each Cigar is sealed in a foil wrapper .

Slightly off-topic, but since this thread seems to have attracted an aficionado or two, I've got a related question.

How necessary is a humidor in Thailand considering the ambient humidity, and... have any of you seen one for sale in Chiang Mai?

When I relocated here last year, I brought along a number of cigars (not Cubans, but some nice Dominican & Hondurans...), and have since kept as many as will fit in a small travel humidor. The rest are boxed and in their original plastic wrappings or plastic tubes. They haven't suffered any casualties so far, but I'd like to find them a proper home, if possible.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

The Chedi hotel is opening a cigar and single malt lounge this Friday...I think it is going to be an ongoing thing and they promise single-barrel malts and very top end cigars...not my thing, so I dont really know what I am talking about, but that is what they say. Also the - is it Blue Monkey? - a new bar on the 3rd floor of Kantaray Hills Terrace offers cigars, I am told. Good luck.

• Like 1

Just got back from the Chedi.

Very nice Bar with a Nice Humidor with guessing $10,000 in inventory of Cuban Cigars.

Purchased a 10 pack of Montecristo Mini for 650 baht.

Purchased a Partagas Deluxe for 280 baht.

Thanks for the replies on where to purchase in CM.

• Like 1