Does My Non-Thai Daughter Need A Visa Before She Can Leave Thailand?

My daughter was born in Thailand last year. Her parents aren't Thai, father is English and mother is Fillopina, so my daughter is not a Thai national. My daughters British passport has now arrived and we intend to fly back to the UK early next month.

Do I need to obtain a visa for our daughter before she can leave?

Or, can we arrive at the airport to leave Thailand, with just her Thai birth certificate and British passport, without obtaining a visa?

This is my daughters first trip outside Thailand since her birth. I do know that as a foreign national she will need a visa to re-enter Thailand.

Regards.

Not your question and my business, you say she was born in Thailand (but both parents not Thai), but I wonder whether she is entitled to have a Thai passport since she was born on Thai soil?

If yes, then surely for the long-term this would be worth pursuing. Just a thought.

Edited by scorecard

Not your question and my business, you say she was born in Thailand (but both parents not Thai), but I wonder whether she is entitled to have a Thai passport since she was born on Thai soil?

If yes, then surely for the long-term this would be worth pursuing. Just a thought.

Being born in Thailand is no entitlement to Thai citizenship. Many second generation hilltribe people born in Thailand to parents and grandparents all born in Thailand cannot get Thai citizenship and are classed as stateless people.

welcome to Thailand.

And in response to Dindong

My daughters birth certificate states, in the box declaring nationality, that she is "Non-Thai".

When we registered her birth we (the parents) were required to show proof of ID and in our case ment showing are passports. Passport details including our nationalities were entered onto the birth certificate She isn't entitled to anything that a normal Thai national is, including but not limited to a Thai pasport or ID card.

Regards.