Great Little Chinese Cigars

Swelters

Used to be able to buy them, 50 to a wood box, back 40 years ago, BKK or upcountry. Lot of them had wormholes and wouldn't draw smoke, but they were a bargain nonetheless. A little like Parodis. Any one know if they are still around? Or for that matter, where a gentleman can purchase Parodis in these parts?

What you have to do is get a delivery system worked out with Cdnvic, where he can make a little profit. He resides in Canada and can purchase Cuban cigars there. Work out some scheme with him and you'll soon be smoking the finest cigars known to man! :o

We have two cigar shops in Pattaya and neither one has anything like that. Neither one has any bargains either, although you can get some good cigars there.
In my final smoking-days I used to smoke Montecristo's when I was running short on my beloved Cohiba's... not really a good substitute.

:o

Cuban cigars in Thailand are pricey. Over the years, although prices everywhere have risen, Thai prices have stayed consistently about 25-30% above duty free prices in Singapore and Hong Kong.

My experience is that qualitity is spotty here as well. While the best upmarket shops are fine (the Oriental and All Seasons Place come immediately to mind), many places sell cigars that have been poorly stored and badly treated. I have never had a problem with anything bought in Hong Kong or Singapore.

Cuban cigars in Thailand are pricey...
As they are everywhere.

I would say do not buy cigars in places where are no passionate cigarsmokers. I always went to Swiss for buying them; nearly every tobacconist has "Humidorooms" where you can walk in and choose your cigars. Top quality and reasonable prices (low tax).

Buying in Germany very frustating, low no quality and ridiculous expensive.

Patex

Cuban cigars in Thailand are pricey...
As they are everywhere.

They are indeed. What I was trying to convey in my post, however, was that Cuban cigars are pricey in Thailand when compared to in other countries in this region where they are available. Anyone here who has the option buys theirs in Singapore or Hong Kong. Nobody who has the option anywhere buys them in Europe.