Thai Opening One Teacher School. How Much Red Tape? How Easy To Employ A Farang Teacher?

OP you don't say whether she is in fact a teacher or not, Thai or farang, or what type of school. We have a English speaking pre school about 30 km from here, Thai wife teacher and farang husband teacher plus staff all qualified teachers. So it is possible, but not easy. Jim

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bump this post back to life.

I also have a Thai friend that asked me about opening a language school. I told her from what I gathered it would be very difficult, especially if I did it. This topic has come up (again) recently in the teaching forum. Some of the posts there suggest a language centre as opposed to a school, any means to keep as much MOE and other bureaucracy out of it as possible to make it easier.

So if it's just a business, say a tutoring business with no educational connections, would it indeed make it easier for a Thai to open this business and employ farangs and Thais?

I would most likely work there, at least in the beginning to help get it running. My creds: BA in English, minor in Linguistics; MA TESOL; experience working in US public schools, taught at an EP in US and very little in China, studied second language acquisition and TESOL curriculum/program design, finally moved to Thailand (been here a few times before)