Schengen Visa Application Using Married To Eu National Status

About to shortly apply for a visa for my wife to go to Germany for my daughters wedding. Looking at using the married to EU national status so that the visa is free, we were told by the Embassy that the requirement is for her to have our marriage visa and my passport as evidence of this (copies allowed), my questions are this.

1. Do we have to show the confirmation of the tickets, as surely she has freedom of movement?

2. And as she is using this status, then no hotels need to be booked in advance, true?

By the way the German Embassy told my wife, and we have in writing, that documents can be in Thai, English or German.

I would re-check the reply given you. The visa is free but she must be travelling with you. We had to produce confirmed tickets and hotel reservations. Marriage certificate and My Eupassport, I presume your wife is Thai.

I'm married to my Thai wife but i never used this option to get an Schengen for her but i will use it for when we are visiting my family.

As we are staying at my fathers house we don't have any hotel booking off-course.

Do we need some kind of paper stating that we are staying with family and not in a hotel.

Also my Thai wife kept here maiden name in her Thai passport for the obvious reason, can this cause any problems.

We have the Thai marriage certificates.

I'm married to my Thai wife but i never used this option to get an Schengen for her but i will use it for when we are visiting my family.

As we are staying at my fathers house we don't have any hotel booking off-course.

Do we need some kind of paper stating that we are staying with family and not in a hotel.

Also my Thai wife kept here maiden name in her Thai passport for the obvious reason, can this cause any problems.

May I ask why your wife kept her maiden name.

As she is traveling with or to join her EEA national spouse no details of accommodation should be required; but if you want to include a letter of invitation it wouldn't hurt.

Not a problem, just include your marriage certificate and a translation. Note that most Schengen states require the translation to be certified by the Thai MFA. You do this at the same place you had your affirmation translation certified when you married.

May I ask why your wife kept her maiden name.

If you ( my wife then ) do a lot of business in Thailand, this can cause a few problems if your wife took the husband last name.

Thai's do much easier business with other Thai people so if they don't know that she is married with a foreigner this helps a lot.