Phuket Retirement: What's Not To Like?

pbrane

Hi

For you folks living on Phuket (or lived there in the past, or visited long-term etc), what are the negatives: crime? noise? rip-offs? pollution? nothing? Sorry to bring up the negative side, but there are things that I probably wouldn't be able to handle on a long-term basis and am just trying to rule different places in or out. My requirements would be: a quiet (and not too expensive -maybe 5000 to 12000/mo) rental house or condo, within a short cycle ride to a beach, and not too far from a gym or fitness center. I guess that maybe describes many places on Phuket??

Sorry for the naive questions, but I haven't been there. Just trying to stir up some useful comments...for which I'm very grateful!

Thanks

Hi

For you folks living on Phuket (or lived there in the past, or visited long-term etc), what are the negatives: crime? noise? rip-offs? pollution? nothing? Sorry to bring up the negative side, but there are things that I probably wouldn't be able to handle on a long-term basis and am just trying to rule different places in or out. My requirements would be: a quiet (and not too expensive -maybe 5000 to 12000/mo) rental house or condo, within a short cycle ride to a beach, and not too far from a gym or fitness center. I guess that maybe describes many places on Phuket??

Sorry for the naive questions, but I haven't been there. Just trying to stir up some useful comments...for which I'm very grateful!

Thanks

I suppose it ALL there; but you forgot to mention the girls...they are also there :D .

Hurry! :o

LaoPo