Red-Shirt Leader Korkaew Warns Of Civil War If Court Rules Against Amendments

webfact

Korkaew warns of civil war if court rules against amendments

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai party-list MP and red-shirt leader Korkaew Pikulthong Wednesday warned that a civil war would break out if the Constitution Court ruled against charter amendments.

But Korkaew expressed confidence that the court would not rule that the amendments were tantamount to attempts to toppling the ruling system and in violation of article 68.

Korkaew said he expected that the court would rule that the amendments could be made on an article-by-article basis.

He said that in the worst case scenario, the court would rule that the amendments were efforts to topple the Constitutional Monarchy.

If that proved to be the cases, civil war would erupt, he said.

Korkaew said the government would not accept such a ruling and the government’s supporters would retaliate against Constitution Court judges by filing complaints with the police accusing the judges of sedition.

He said if police refused to arrest the judges, the people would take the law into their own hands and try to arrest the judges.

Korkaew said the elite would mobilise their supporters to protect the judges and the people of the two sides would clash.

Korkaew said police would not be able to control the situation so the military would stage a coup. After the coup, the people would come out to wage a civil war against the military, Korkaew added.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-11

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone, please go and dust off any law anywhere, that forbids people from inciting civil war.

There has to be something somewhere, or did they forget to write that one?????

Would it have to do with that word treason? No legal expert by any means. Perhaps the legal buffs on here can assist. I think someone should do a poll (Jt still around) on what will happen on Friday the 13th.

1. PT gets booted

2. Case is thrown out

3. Case is suspended (postponed) for another 6 months for some legal technicality

4. Everyone stays home and watches scary movies.

I would guess number 3 seems most likely.

• Like 2

where is the difference here ? these pukes purport to be the defenders of democracy but have no concept of the judiciary as an independent entity... or even an entity...what they are trying to operate as is a parliamentary dictatorship... that is their understanding (if any) of majority in parliament... need to understand that a parliamentary system of dictatorship is still dictatorship... what a shame...

• Like 1

Someone, please go and dust off any law anywhere, that forbids people from inciting civil war.

Would it have to do with that word treason? No legal expert by any means. Perhaps the legal buffs on here can assist. I think someone should do a poll (Jt still around) on what will happen on Friday the 13th.

1. PT gets booted

2. Case is thrown out

3. Case is suspended (postponed) for another 6 months for some legal technicality

In that case, it is called procrastination

He said if police refused to arrest the judges, the people would take the law into their own hands and try to arrest the judges.

Sounds like an upstanding MP. Unbelievable that an MP can make a public statement like this without repercussions. Welcome to Thai "democracy."

• Like 2

1. PT gets booted

2. Case is thrown out

a. Intimidating a court

b. Inciting public disturbance

c. Prejudicing the interests of the court

And the list of possible offences go on. They don't need to throw treason at him.

In fact, I am frankly amazed that the newspaper is allowed to publish this type of a statement since it is prejudicial to the opinion of the court. If it was a person on trial, and someone came out and said if you convict him, I will do x,y or z, I would expect that person to be arrested.

I reckon they will have to rule that the parliament has the right to re-write the constitution, under certain necessary legal protocols. It is from what I can see the only legal judgement they can make. Chaos reigns..........

The sad thing is that the police do nothing.

Even sadder is that the f%%ing useless air head that is supposed to be running the country does nothing.

I would believe the court has an absolute power to issue a warrant for prejudicial public statements about this issue. Sticking to and discussing the facts of the case is one thing, allowing opinions about what may or may not happen to be broadcast in the public domain is entirely another issue.

Civil war is coming anyway, regardless of the courts verdict on this matter...

When Thaksin steps foot back in Thailand (a free man) - the real rift in the country will tear open and it will be a simple case of black vs white (red vs non-red) - all that built up angst, hate and negativity...

I really really hope i am wrong, but my gut tells me that will be closer to the truth than a lie.

• Like 1

1. PT gets booted

2. Case is thrown out

Better would be to postpone it 1 week, and than again 1 week, say 20-30 times.

And watch if every time our Prime Beauty runs away before the verdict......

• Like 1

GK and friends, where are you? Your input on this interesting matter will be highly appreciated.

May I help out:

Democracy, junta appointed court. People elected. Elite, corrupt Democrats, murder Abhisit etc etc.

I only need to search for the words between to squeeze everything into one sentence.

1. PT gets booted

2. Case is thrown out

Better would be to postpone it 1 week, and than again 1 week, say 20-30 times.

And watch if every time our Prime Beauty runs away before the verdict......

Does Thai have 1mn mile platinum cards?

Korkaew said the government would not accept such a ruling and the government’s supporters would retaliate against Constitution Court judges

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" [Joseph Stalin]

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla

PTP has stirred all this up intentionally, in my opinion. The Constitution has 309 sections. They could have changed 306 of them with a simple majority vote in parliament. The opposition would not have had a legal leg to stand on because they would not be rewiting the whole constitution and not changing the basic form of the govenment. Instead they decided to go for a complete rewite. 306 sections wasn't good enough for them they wanted to change the all.

PTP has stirred all this up intentionally, in my opinion. The Constitution has 309 sections. They could have changed 306 of them with a simple majority vote in parliament. The opposition would not have had a legal leg to stand on because they would not be rewiting the whole constitution and not changing the basic form of the govenment. Instead they decided to go for a complete rewite. 306 sections wasn't good enough for them they wanted to change the all.

Well, lets not split hairs, no one can give a completely concise legal ruling as to why the court has even accepted this case.

• Like 1