What'S You'Re Driving Style In Thailand?

Dutchbike

i drive like hell.

Where I come from that literally means drives badly smile.png

so you came from 'Neverland' then i guess?smile.png

i drive like hell.

maybe so but he's asking what you ride like!

yes, then i am answering " i drive like hell". Man, first of all the question have to start with a 'How' instead of 'What' for better understanding.

Live the joke aside, i drive a lot more aggressive than before in Thailand as it is easy to drive here and the drivers are mindful. Besides, i ride in/around Bangkok so i need to be like hell here man.

No hard traffic rule punishments in Thailand is another major factor for driving like hell.

If you do not drive like hell, you cannot survive in the city or you have to behave like a car. Besides, i am more careful here like you need to be in a motor trance, full focus, no headphones, full concentration and unfortunately, i do not look at the pretty girls on the side walkssad.png

On the highway, i always drive non stop WOT for hours with full concentration. On the back roads, slower and not WOT, more relaxed to enjoy the scenery.

Drive safe guys.

Edited by loserlazer

It really depands on many things.

What bike I am riding at the time ?

Who is with me or if I am alone ?

Where I am going ?

Weather. traffic and time of day, (Night or day light)

Up north, many of the roads you don't hardly see a car all day. and the road is yours.

But I ride aobut 100,000 km a year and that includes many longer rides. (the most was 1300 Trat to Chiang Mai in 13 hours on my ninja)

I hardly never ride on the left sholder as you say. Cars parked there and A-holes turning left right in front of you from the middle lane. I tend to ride on a line in the center, It give me more options as were I can go.

here you must pay attention 100% where back in the states you did not.

However, how I ride here. I would be put in jail in hours back home.

I daily go through red lights, split lanes, go the wrong direction, make illegal turns, as well as drive on side walks and other off limit areas and some time flat out speed

If you drive on sidewalks, I hope someday you get seriously injured, you deserve it for putting innocent people at risk, ignorant SOD.

So for someone that has not actually injured anyone by driving on the sidewalk you would hope that they get seriously injured? and you call him ignorant. what sort of person are you?

@Loserlaser... I think the term you are looking for is, 'I ride like a bat out of hell' wink.png I'm guessing English isn't your first language.

Where I am going ?

Up north, many of the roads you don't hardly see a car all day. and the road is yours.

But I ride aobut 100,000 km a year and that includes many longer rides. (the most was 1300 Trat to Chiang Mai in 13 hours on my ninja)

I hardly never ride on the left sholder as you say. Cars parked there and A-holes turning left right in front of you from the middle lane. I tend to ride on a line in the center, It give me more options as were I can go.

I daily go through red lights, split lanes, go the wrong direction, make illegal turns, as well as drive on side walks and other off limit areas and some time flat out speed

If you drive on sidewalks, I hope someday you get seriously injured, you deserve it for putting innocent people at risk, ignorant SOD.

So for someone that has not actually injured anyone by driving on the sidewalk you would hope that they get seriously injured? and you call him ignorant. what sort of person are you?

@Loserlaser... I think the term you are looking for is, 'I ride like a bat out of hell' wink.png I'm guessing English isn't your first language.

So you want to wait until someone is killed or seriously injured? How ignorant is that? Anyone who deliberately drives or rides in a manner that risks innocent peoples lifes, I want to see them DEAD, so innocent people may live.

Where I am going ?

So you want to wait until someone is killed or seriously injured? How ignorant is that? Anyone who deliberately drives or rides in a manner that risks innocent peoples lifes, I want to see them DEAD, so innocent people may live.

I assume either you're a troll, or the 1931 refers to your date of birth and therefore you are senile, in which case I cut you some slack but advise you to stay off the roads.

For me, I pretty much ignore the rules and just ride in a manner which allows me to avoid accidents. That means breaking speed limits (to get away from tailgating drivers), riding in the middle lane (to avoid taxis and buses side swiping me to pick up passengers) etc etc. I've been known to ride on sidewalks when there are no pedestrians to hurt but I believe this is actually 100% legal, although when I regularly see cops with no helmet riding on the wrong side of the road to avoid an inconvenient u-turn I kind of lose respect for the rule of law and go back to rule no. 1 and just try to avoid accidents. If I get caught in the wrong lane, going over bridges etc. then I pay 'on the spot' fines. Sorry if that offends anyone.

Edited by JonnyF

What people do is down to their own perception o the traffic... Those times I have been on a bike in bangkok I have always driven very aggresivly due to the fact i feel unsecure about the others around me. Dont trust them do your own thing... Also when you are using a gps on your bike, it is easy to lose control of the traffic, DTA (dont trust anything)...

I like to cruise at 150 on the highway... Nice and controlled...

Do your thing and I will do my thing!!!

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App