Spanish Man Blogs Bangkok Suicide On Facebook: Police

webfact

All religions are fantasies created by mankind mind.

Because of these fantasies some will take there lives

thinking there's something better in the hereafter...

A shame the depression of his mind took his life.

But,

He could have been suffering from a terminal disease

and didn't want to die a slow and painfull death,

plus having his family watch him slowly fade out in pain...

• Like 2

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of quotes as to why this man committed suicide, Some heartless :( Obviously he had some serious problems!!! A sad day for anyone to take their own life. My thoughts are with his family and friends and may he rest in peace now

Yes, he is at peace. He is in a better kingdom now. The kingdom of heaven with God. May God bless you sir.

I guess it may depend upon your religion, but being Spanish he was quite likely Catholic, in which case suicide is a one way ticket to hell, no heaven for him, sorry.

Catholics are rare now in Post-christian Spain. I knew Juan personally and he, like many Spanish people today, would not have described himself as a Catholic. He was an atheist.

Interesting.....three of the first five posters either thinks they can or is actually attempting to pass a message via this forum to a man who is dead....I find myself wondering why this is attempted every time there is a news storing involving the death of someone? Do we have that many members who are clairvoyants??

I'm not sure about the others but your great granny told me to say "Hello" and she wants to know if your italics button is stuck on your keyboard.biggrin.png

Suicide is a selfish way out. It's easy to die. It's hard to live.

A cornerstone of Buddhism, is it not? Tolerate the suffering in this life for a better position in the next, or is that Hinduism??

Suicide is not just a consequence of mental illness, as another poster rightly points out. Terminal illness, with the prospect of unbearable pain, is a prime contributing factor, and one that will remain an option for me if I'm in that position.

snapback.pngUnkomoncents, on Yesterday, 23:26 , said:

This country detaches you from the culturally relative notion of progress that exists in the minds of most of those in the Western world. Bangkok is proof that if you want to exploit your way to riches, you will be amply rewarded (caveat: you must be incredibly cognizant of the current power order that is based on a local notion of reputation, mostly incomprehensible to the foreign world). Then you will become fabulously wealthy (while being compromised by the constant need to show heed to hi-so's and other local higher-ups [you're a foreigner; good luck!]) If you work for a Thai company, be prepared for a mind-enema. You're about to be shown up. It's a world unto itself, and that is the general attitude. So many foreigners commit suicide here. They lose faith in humanity, and they are emotionally vulnerable. Also, the police generally declare most foreigner deaths 'suicides', especially in Pattaya.

What you smokin' man???

sad.pngsad.pngsad.png Hope you have found your peace.

Yes, he is at peace. He is in a better kingdom now. The kingdom of heaven with God. May God bless you sir.

Heaven and Hell is on Earth, obviously the young man was in Hell and could not find his Heaven.

Very sad story, checking out so early in life, before finding a better path to travel.

• Like 1

You can see photos of him sitting on the computer table head on the desk

Photos

Well pity the guy , maybe he got so much stress from work from his boss or visa department ! Hope the forensic people cna find something on his computer

What a terribly sad story. Only 36 years old. He was obviously reflecting upon his life as evident by all the photos spread across his desk at the time. How could things have gone so bad for this man?

R.I.P. Sir.

People that commit suicide do not get to enter "heaven". Sorry.

What a load of rubbish. Clearly you don't have a clue.

• Like 1

This country detaches you from the culturally relative notion of progress that exists in the minds of most of those in the Western world. Bangkok is proof that if you want to exploit your way to riches, you will be amply rewarded (caveat: you must be incredibly cognizant of the current power order that is based on a local notion of reputation, mostly incomprehensible to the foreign world). Then you will become fabulously wealthy (while being compromised by the constant need to show heed to hi-so's and other local higher-ups [you're a foreigner; good luck!]) If you work for a Thai company, be prepared for a mind-enema. You're about to be shown up. It's a world unto itself, and that is the general attitude. So many foreigners commit suicide here. They lose faith in humanity, and they are emotionally vulnerable. Also, the police generally declare most foreigner deaths 'suicides', especially in Pattaya.

Give me a break. The 'West' is such a paradise and a bastion of paradise, which is why you chose the hell of Thailand to make a home. No country is perfect, but Thailand is a lot better than many other places. If you think otherwise, why are you there?? [And of course, here we go again with all the conspiracy theories about how this was not really a suicide, the incompetent/corrupt police are just selling a story]. Amazing. {RIP to the poor man and condolences to family and friends}

Seems you are the only one that has any common sense. Why is it Thailand's fault if someone kills themselves? And if Thailand is so bad, why are so many TV people here? Why not leave if this is such a bad country?

• Like 1

I think if everyone believed there was nothing after death we might live in a better world. Who would want to go to war if there was no chance of dying for their god? Who would want to die if there was no chance of coming back as someone else?

People would fight a lot harder to live if they thought this was their only chance at life...ever.

Once you're dead...you are dead...and there is no coming back and there is no going to a better place. This is it. This is the better place. Life is life. Live it while you can.

• Like 2

RIP.

Life is very precious.

Suicide is never a solution.

Children are born with missing limbs, or born very sick and in pain, but they still fight to stay alive and be part of the human race for as long as they can stay here. There's always somebody who has a worse life than you, and in many cases they are holding onto that painful hard life with everything they've got.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla

Suicide is a selfish way out.

Even if one who is being mentally tortured 24/7, 365 days a year? And selfish to whom? We are all individuals. And with that, if one is suffering, should one prolong that suffering just to be remain for someone else's benefit? Is that not putting the self on the other party? I think people say things without thinking.

• Like 1

I wonder what the timeline is here, there are a few discrepancies in the report.... As apparently it was after midnight, ie, not the eve of his birthday that the police were notified. I just wonder how long it took for a house call?

People that commit suicide do not get to enter "heaven". Sorry.

Glad thats clarified!

If people want to believe in the afterlife, let them. Please don't ruin their day with depressing statements like that...........blink.png

What a strange story. Fairly young at 37, and working what I am sure would be a relatively high paid job. I can only think he had some severe conflicts at work. Will be interesting to see how this story progresses.....

I've never in my life heard of someone killing themselves because of conflicts at work... At least not before they took out several of their co-workers before doing so.

My first guess was some issue with a female... It's strange there's no reference to what the issue could of been.

why he done it is nobodys business the poor lad was probably torturing himself with worry over something which is obvious as he took his life, and nobody has the right to judge him on that, why do people always come on this and write bad stuff about someone who has just passed away why can't you just say RIP instead of saying he is going to hell it is not nice and im sure his family and friends are reading this aswell have a bit of compassion

Have to agree with you on principle, but he sort of brought the comments onto himself by doing his live-suicide show on the net.

• Like 1

In my reasonably long life (65) I have known three people who have committed suicide, not friends, just people I knew. Not one of them was ever in Thailand.

Thailand is not the problem, the persons personnal situation and mental state at the time are for me the main factors.

All I can say is it's sad to hear.

Give me a break. The 'West' is such a paradise and a bastion of paradise, which is why you chose the hell of Thailand to make a home. No country is perfect, but Thailand is a lot better than many other places. If you think otherwise, why are you there?? [And of course, here we go again with all the conspiracy theories about how this was not really a suicide, the incompetent/corrupt police are just selling a story]. Amazing. {RIP t0 the poor man and condolences to family and friends}

DOCNO

I do not think that anyone here would call any country paradise. They all have their issues. The biggest challenge for people here that get depressed is where do you go.

As someone who has hit the lows at at one time thought seriously about doing this the biggest challenge for many here is that they do not have their friends and family near them to talk to and help them.

Thai people are in general not equipped and there are not a lot of well advertised places for farangs to go to if they have issues. Let's face it if work sucks your girlfriend left yo u where do you turn if you are here on your own

• Like 1

It is a selfish way out, because of the family and friends you leave behind. There is ALWAYS a choice to make. People just want the easy way out, so killing themselves is the way, they feel, to do that. "The world will be better off without me." Or, "I have nothing to live for, so I am going to end it all." If that is the way you feel, then jump, take pills, do whatever you wish. If that is what you want to do, it is your life to do it.

However, there are those in this world who do care about you. There are people whom you can turn to, that will be there for you. Everyone has someone they can turn to. Everyone has at least one person on this rock who will be their shoulder to lean on in a time of need.

Now, if this were over a woman, then it was also a stupid way out. There is no one, and I mean NO ONE in this world worth killing yourself over.

I stand by what I originally stated.

Give me a break. The 'West' is such a paradise and a bastion of paradise, which is why you chose the hell of Thailand to make a home. No country is perfect, but Thailand is a lot better than many other places. If you think otherwise, why are you there?? [And of course, here we go again with all the conspiracy theories about how this was not really a suicide, the incompetent/corrupt police are just selling a story]. Amazing. {RIP to the poor man and condolences to family and friends}

No conspiracy theory about this suicide. Just a comment, which is what forums are for. Yes, Thailand is better than Niger or Chad. You're right there. In fact, that's exactly how foreigners and Thais continue to justify the third-world, scam-fest that you keep referring to as Thailand: "Well, man, it's better than India." You hear that nonsense again and again in the Kingdom. As for why I'm here: it's called family, though I'm assuming since you're so chipper about Thailand that you are divorced, retired, and family-less, so you wouldn't know anything about that. My contract is up in November though, so I'm getting out of Thailand for good, as anyone who is young and could build a bigger family and career should do. Time to return to the "paradise" of the "West".

The stuffiness and pecking order in the "elite hi-societies everywhere are clickish and like a clan. The fact that Thai middle class distinction and numbers are lacking only promotes a dog eat dog cliche in business circles. But this goes on in most modern countries as well.

As for feeling left behind or lacking progressive attributes, are these our upbringing of wanting to procure more material items and gain our own social equity? Thailand is changing to the western ways of being selfish and looking out for #1. The respect for family elders and strong moral beliefs of the past are eroding in the big cities and incorporated Thai urbanity. For us foreigners, we better be like the tree that bends with the wind, or we will get blown over too.

• Like 1

In my reasonably long life (65) I have known three people who have committed suicide, not friends, just people I knew. Not one of them was ever in Thailand.

Thailand is not the problem, the persons personnal situation and mental state at the time are for me the main factors.

Thailand may not be THE problem, but it most certainly is a mitigating factor. Friends and family described the man as generally happy, so it seems strange that at the age of 37 he suddenly up and kills himself after living in the Kingdom for one year. When I first moved to Thailand, I nearly had a nervous breakdown, as the lying, cheating, quality of life (pollution, heat, crowding, garbage), general malfeasance, spaced-out mindsets, isolation, job problems (the business I began to work with had been established for five years when I came and signed a contract as Education Director; within five months of working there, a falling out with the franchise based in America led to the collapse of the business) etc. really took a toll. I got over it and survived the next three years but I had already lived in Korea without ever experiencing what I experienced in Thailand. The Kingdom is a bizarre place. It's great for retired people, but for young people from developed countries, it can be a nightmare. I was warned by many in Korea not to come. Looking back, I might have taken heed a bit more.

• Like 1

What if he was a Buddhist? Would he still be in the kingdom of your God?

Edited by Kananga

Thailand may not be THE problem, but it most certainly is a mitigating factor. Friends and family described the man as generally happy, so it seems strange that at the age of 37 he suddenly up and kills himself after living in the Kingdom for one year. When I first moved to Thailand, I nearly had a nervous breakdown, as the lying, cheating, quality of life (pollution, heat, crowding, garbage), general malfeasance, spaced-out mindsets, isolation, job problems (the business I began to work with had been established for five years when I came and signed a contract as Education Director; within five months of working there, a falling out with the franchise based in America led to the collapse of the business) etc. really took a toll. I got over it and survived the next three years but I had already lived in Korea without ever experiencing what I experienced in Thailand. The Kingdom is a bizarre place. It's great for retired people, but for young people from developed countries, it can be a nightmare. I was warned by many in Korea not to come. Looking back, I might have taken heed a bit more.

Hi Unkomoncents, what are the specific instances of lying and cheating that you experienced? Just trying to get an idea because I've heard of it, though yet to experience it to a large extent.

Also to some others, for those who feel so negatively about Thailand, why haven't you left yet? (I know that some of you have, or are leaving soon though)

sure because the room is locked from the inside? well when i go out for a walk, i also lock the door (with a button) and it is locked from the inside...

RIP for the man, if he deceide it is time to go, than its time to go

Well the cops by reaching this conclusion can say 'case closed' and never have to leave the office water cooler. 'nuff said' TIT

Suicide is a selfish way out. It's easy to die. It's hard to live.

Most insensitive and dogmatic post I've seen in ages.

My feelings to his family and friends. Peace to him wherever your personal convictions will locate him.