Where To Buy Garmin Navigator Esri Software With English Map In Pattaya?

MrJ

For a Garmin navigator try Tukcom, the software is no longer for sale.

I actually had a bit of a fight with Garmin/esri a couple of years ago and told them that I will use a pirated version (which I did) as they refused to sell me a legitimate copy.

I challenged them in my mail to sue me for copyright infringement and they in turn promised me to roast me in hell, but nothing ever happened.

Sent from my Nexus S using Thaivisa Connect App

Ah. Tukcom. The shop everyone loves to hate.

What can you say about Tukcom and still remain within the forum libel guidelines? Not much.

I wasted an hour of my life in Tukcom the other day, looking for a GPS unit. I found a thousand kiosks all selling the same crap mobile phones, all apparently at the same price, but how many places selling GSP units did I find? 100? 10? 5? 1?

Anyone who answered "1" can award themselves a prize. One place with just two GPS units on show. I didnt hang around.

When I got home I found this online : http://www.smartmobile.co.th/

and they purport to have a branch in Pattaya Tukcom and also to have GPS units. How true that is remains to be seen.

Today I just updated my speednavi on a Besta GPS I bought in tukcom back in 2007. Has worked quite well here. Same software is available for android and came free with the samsung s2 my wife & sister-in-law bought. Garmin units are available from the same dealers, 2nd floor tukcom. I've been happy with the speednavi, but have zero idea how it would work outside Thailand.

after unsuccessful visit to TUKOM Pattaya i got the Garmin 2012 updatet with the newst stuff for THB 5.990(available in all major languages), anyone interested send me a PM

Cheer J

Did you try the SmartMobile place in Tukcom? They reckon to have the Garmin Nuvi 40 (which supposedly comes with all the proper latest maps) for 3900B.

was there - only THAI map/language

When I was looking for Garmin models tghe place that had the best selection - normally 3 or 4 different models - and so so prices was the SED bookshops. Either ground floor Tukcom, old Carrefour Big C or Tesco on Pattaya Nua - or I am sure at any of their locations. The Tukcom branch actually had an assistant who knew the differences between the models but that was some months ago.

• 5 months later...

Did you try the SmartMobile place in Tukcom? They reckon to have the Garmin Nuvi 40 (which supposedly comes with all the proper latest maps) for 3900B.

was there - only THAI map/language

where can i buy a map update for my garmin nuvi 200w ?

any one know.