Phewwwwwwww Im Sticking To The Farming Forum

Hi there Jake.

Well, I did say just the 'My Thai Lady is Lovely' Thread! ... They play nice in there.

I read the topic you also started ... they also played nice with you.

go back in a weeks time and see what has been posted ... ermm.gif

I do most of my posting in General, but I have to admit, my favourite is the Farming Forum and when my 1,000 and 2,000th posts came up, I went back here and specifically posted them here ... with you good Farming Folk ... biggrin.png

some of them just make me angree,

and ive been calm for many years now,

but when i read some of the coments some people put on there, it just makes me so happy that i left all that behind when i moved here to live,

some are so so small minded, im far from being perfect, but i say each to there own and if i want to wai a girl who works in a bar back, i will, even if they think im a fool,

respect in my book goes a long way in this life,

im glad im back,,lol

• Like 2

some of them just make me angree,

and ive been calm for many years now,

but when i read some of the coments some people put on there, it just makes me so happy that i left all that behind when i moved here to live,

some are so so small minded, im far from being perfect, but i say each to there own and if i want to wai a girl who works in a bar back, i will, even if they think im a fool,

respect in my book goes a long way in this life,

im glad im back,,lol

Jake, it is quite natural for posters to disagree with various posts, much the same in real life.

What I fail to understand is how abusive some posters can be... massive chip on their shoulders me thinks.

Me, I prefer the simple life, I dont have agro in my daily life, why look for it on a damned forum. In the main most of the posters are pretty decent/amusing/value for money and the ones who blatantly dont have any manners I tend to ignore.. There lies the crutch "manners"!!

• Like 2

I think anyone who has farmed or is trying to, has found there is more than 1 way to skin a cat. The old timers did things based on their preception of success, but would listen to other ideas from their neighbors, young and old, especially if they were out produced. Once in a while we get a contributor who throws out numbers/ideas that many of the farm group see quickly for what they are (pie in the sky)

Many of the other forums seem to be a sand box for agressive tom cats. I admit to stirring up the sand now and again, as that is my nature. But at the beginning and end of the day, I read the farm forum to catch up on what is working or proposed, with results being posted.

Jake, I have even noticed that returning a wai, even to children, put a sparkle in their eye. At my age, I consider that as an accomplishment ..

IA,,

You have a great way with words my mate,,,lol

i know if one farmer on here will make it i think it will be you,

yes im trying my hand at farming, but as you know im still coming to work most years for a couple of months just to give me something to fall back on, but if i wasnt to make it, it sure want be for the lack of trying,

i wont forget your veggiemite that will put a smile on your face,lol

jake

Well Jake, as you say it won't be for the lack of trying. The complication in all this is the more things you get started, the more routine things there are to do. Busier than a one armed wall paper hanger at the moment. At times coming home well after dark gets this battler down, but if it was earlier, well what else would I be doing? Drinking beer and watching some junk TV show?

But I wouldn't change things. I believe my Thai friend was right when he advised to get into as many different things as you can, none will make any farmer rich, combined they may just make ends meet. The nice thing is when you can get all those incremental bits integrated together. Thats the direction I'm headed.

I have often asked myself who are the most bitter and twisted posters. I have come to the conclusion that those stupid, mud between the toes, uneducated Thai farm ladies have given the highly educated, arrogant, wealthy and well traveled farangs a lesson in economics. Those posters think that they have purchased a bride and that their new bride is simply their property.

After the haughty farang has been given the lesson, he thinks the ladies are the stupid ones. Anyone who thinks that all Thai women are submissive have never met my wife. I'm not saying that the bitter farangs are really that stupid but they are certainly naive. A fool and his money are soon parted anywhere in the world.

got to agree gary,

my misses works bloody hard, and as most know she is 7 months pregnant, like i said in a post last week she made me laugh when she said she had given a pig a jab, i said be careful, she said i see you do many times, i can do,,lol, thing is shes only 37kilo wet trough,

and when i ring home she still worries about me, im on 12hour nights in scotland, she allways says be careful hunny,

all them knockers, when they find the right one they will look back at all there posts and think what a bloody fool i was, becouse my ex wife in the uk wouldnt do half the things my beautiful thai wife will do,

yes the pig farm and chickens ect does help the family becouse we have mama working for us, but do you no to see them working together smiling makes me smile the most, and that is true happiness

jake

My wife always asks me about business matters and after I have given her my opinion, she does what she wanted to do in the first place.

She agrees that I am the king in our house but then tells me that sometimes the king must listen to the queen. The thing that irritates me the most is that she knows everything. She causes me to go drink beer because when I am working on something, she supervises. I throw down my tools, tell her to do it herself and head for my favorite watering hole. More irritating than that is when I get home, the project is usually finished and the mess cleaned up.

Like most small villages, there are village handymen. They now normally won't work for her because of her supervision. They try to ignore her so she fires them and finishes their job herself.

Why I drink. They are widening the highway 4 around Khao Fa Chi, or Sam Sip as the locals call it. (30K from Ranong and Kraburi.) As the highway crosses the La-Un canal, there is a floating restaurant right next to the bridge.

Me "I think they will have to move that restaurant."

Her. "Yes, his wife owes money from Len Phai in Sae Daeng"

Me "What are you talking about?"

Her "Someone want to shoot her"

Me "I'm taking about the restaurant, and the bloody bridge."

Her "There is no beach in Sae Daeng."

Aargh

Edited by Mosha
  • Like 2

Why I drink. They are widening the highway 4 around Khao Fa Chi, or Sam Sip as the locals call it. (30K from Ranong and Kraburi.) As the highway crosses the La-Un canal, there is a floating restaurant right next to the bridge.

Me "I think they will have to move that restaurant."

Her. "Yes, his wife owes money from Len Phai in Sae Daeng"

Me "What are you talking about?"

Her "Someone want to shoot her"

Me "I'm taking about the restaurant, and the bloody bridge."

Her "There is no beach in Sae Daeng."

Aargh

cheesy.gif

Pegeonjake, you must have ESP, you started this topic at a time I was banned from posting for 5 days, for comments made in the general topics. Sometimes you read the total dribble that people write and given a few beers, it's had not to tell them what you think. So I think I will keep away from all , but farming and the Issan forum.

Once on the TD forum got into it with a guy who thought he was safe behind his avatar. Was bored so did some searching on the net. Then told him he was a sad loser and I knew because this is your name, which I posted. Bet that shock him a bit, posting dribble and then your name gets ported and everyone can see who you really are.

Anyway don't need, the I know everything about Thailand, been there on a 2 week holiday to Pattaya set. Jim

• Like 2

Pegeonjake, you must have ESP, you started this topic at a time I was banned from posting for 5 days, for comments made in the general topics. Sometimes you read the total dribble that people write and given a few beers, it's had not to tell them what you think. So I think I will keep away from all , but farming and the Issan forum.

Once on the TD forum got into it with a guy who thought he was safe behind his avatar. Was bored so did some searching on the net. Then told him he was a sad loser and I knew because this is your name, which I posted. Bet that shock him a bit, posting dribble and then your name gets ported and everyone can see who you really are.

Anyway don't need, the I know everything about Thailand, been there on a 2 week holiday to Pattaya set. Jim

Oh come on Jim, dont tell me the those with cracks full of sand and brains full of rocks STILL upset you? For me it is the wise acres does the smart rais that burn me. No always but every now and then I take the troll bait from someone with no intention but to stir the soup. Most of the time we are protected here in the farming forum surrounded by people who actually still see meaning to their lives. Occasionally a wombat gets under the wire.

your the same as me jim ,,lol, i just find that i have to tell them, im not going to sit here and just let them pull thai ladys down, and if i was sat with them well that would be another thing,,lol,

so im just going to stay mainly here, ill just pop there now and again

jake

now then doc,

just get yourself a few chickens and just chill,,lol,,

i think its the hard work that stops us thinking of other things,

but all seriousness,, its nice to be with the wife/g,f and just do your farm together, i make a decision, then she tell me if its ok,,lol,,

its good my mate and all the boys on here stick together theres none of that mine is bigger then your crap on here, we are all here trying to make a small living, im one of the lucky ones as i still go abroad to work at times, so ive got other money coming into the pot,

have a go at it,

jake

What is it about farming that makes you guys so good natured?

Thinking about becoming a farmer, it's not hard work is it?

cowboy.gif

That's up to you........biggrin.png

• Like 1

cowboy.gif

I think that the rewards are proportional to the amount of effort that one puts in. Depending on your frame of mind, rewards are not necessarily exclusively financial.

Effort can be physical labour or management.

Some people are very lucky and do well at farming. For most, the harder you work, the luckier you get :)

I also believe that some foreigners think that they simply have to invest money and let the family do the work. This is not often successful and they find that their investment not only fails to make a return, but their intitial investmnent is eroded quicker than sloping sandy soil in the rainy season :)

cowboy.gif

I think that the rewards are proportional to the amount of effort that one puts in. Depending on your frame of mind, rewards are not necessarily exclusively financial.

Effort can be physical labour or management.

Some people are very lucky and do well at farming. For most, the harder you work, the luckier you get smile.png

I also believe that some foreigners think that they simply have to invest money and let the family do the work. This is not often successful and they find that their investment not only fails to make a return, but their intitial investmnent is eroded quicker than sloping sandy soil in the rainy season smile.png

Well said, I think my biggest challenge is in the difference in perspective between myself and those around me. From a western view they give up too easily from theirs, perhaps, I worry too much and waste too much time. But it a difficult gap to bridge and very frustrating. Yet, some of the most boring repetitive tasks are attacked with vigour and enjoyed all day when an much easier solution is right there staring at them.

I like to think that the expats farmers fall under the old colonial idea of a gentleman farmer. For most of us farming in Thailand was a choice, not a necessity. We made the choice to try and earn a living by doing sometime rewarding mentally, not just making a living. Could have stayed in OZ working, if it was the money that mattered. Jim