Can A Rental Car Make It To Peak Eye View Restaurant?

Our friendly waitor at our hotel offered us to drive us around the island tomorrow on his day off ,and we looked at different places, that might be interesting to see and we noticed on the samui map there is a view point restaurant up near paradise park farm.

That would be a nice spot to visit so we could see it from above, but he is not sure if a rental car would make it , so i thought some of you here knew it

:-)

Other that that we planning to go see buddas footprint,five islands view from beach, taling ngam beach, lipa noi beach,mae nam beach,pang ka bay and if time enough go to see big buddha again in the afternoon.

Some parts of the interior roads are a bit rough, although there are some interesting places to see in the interior, I am not sure I would try it in a low wheel based rental car.... and with the rain lately things may be rougher than before on sand and gravel sections...

I am not sure if they have finished concreting the road to the "new big buddha" above Lamai, they were working on that a few months ago, it has a good view... You would enter from the Mini Mart, just past Buddies complex

Soi One from Maenam to Lamai would be doable, in a high wheel based vehicle or motor bike.... one spot may cause problem with a small car.... I just did that yesterday... (it's the same entrance point at Lamai end)... you go straight rather than turn right to Maenam. No signs to speak off... though....

Most of the interior roads do loop around and end up somewhere! ..... wink.png

Thanks jimmy.

Think we play it safe. Dont want our waitor to get in trouble if he drives into places he has not been before or are not familiar with.

Has been raining quite a bit lately so can imagine how some of the inland roads look like. Sounds like new big buddha could be an option instead.

Will ask him later today if he is familar with that one.

Now i just hope the weather is as good tomorrow as it is today.

Beautiful weather today.

Cheers.

Thanks jimmy.

Think we play it safe. Dont want our waitor to get in trouble if he drives into places he has not been before or are not familiar with.

Has been raining quite a bit lately so can imagine how some of the inland roads look like. Sounds like new big buddha could be an option instead.

Will ask him later today if he is familar with that one.

Now i just hope the weather is as good tomorrow as it is today.

Beautiful weather today.

Cheers.

I think with the other agenda you have heading around the main roads, you may have enough on your plate for one day.... you had better head off soon though, time is wasting! biggrin.png

Some nice places to see.... get movin'!!!! smile.png

what a stupid question. What is a rental car? depends on the car. You rent a 4 wheel drive u candrive almost anyway. you rent ahonda jazz u might be restricted.

i swear some people just post for the sake of posting sometimes. Unless there was a new car out called the rental car

what a stupid question. What is a rental car? depends on the car. You rent a 4 wheel drive u candrive almost anyway. you rent ahonda jazz u might be restricted.

i swear some people just post for the sake of posting sometimes. Unless there was a new car out called the rental car

OMG!!! you are being a bit cranky the last few days, baby keep you up all night again .... ?rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

I swear you just answer to hone your typing skills tongue.pngcheesy.gif

Parts of the road up to there are quite steep. Might have trouble with a weak engine and no real low gear. A jeep should handle it fine because of the gearing. Sand or gravel on the steep sections would be scary.

OMG!!! you are being a bit cranky the last few days, baby keep you up all night again .... ?rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

no i just don;t understand the question. a rented car covers about any car every made so the op might want to narrow the question down a bit.

Sorry i am a bit cranky duno if it isthe baby or me getting older or both

no i just don;t understand the question. a rented car covers about any car every made so the op might want to narrow the question down a bit.

Sorry i am a bit cranky duno if it isthe baby or me getting older or both

Grumpy old bugger! laugh.png

i seriously need a better tablet cause tyis one cant quote and i think some of the jokes i try to makes get lost, or maybe we danish people just do not understand tha xcpat jokes.

come on guys...

i wish we stayed here longer so that we we could attend a tv parti cause i think we would have a great time.

You guys and garls lives here in paradise.

Cheers for everyone and we appreciate the answers.

Love you all.

Stay safe everyone. :-)

i seriously need a better tablet cause tyis one cant quote and i think some of the jokes i try to makes get lost, or maybe we danish people just do not understand tha xcpat jokes.

You can get a Danish breakfast at Valhalla next to the Family Mart on Soi Reggae.

One Carlsberg and one Gammeldansk shot.

come on guys...

i wish we stayed here longer so that we we could attend a tv parti cause i think we would have a great time.

Love you all.

Do not worry Virt. I live here and I do not understand a lot of the things that are written on TV either.

Enjoy your time on the island thumbsup.gif

come on guys...

Love you all.

Do not worry Virt. I live here and I do not understand a lot of the things that are written on TV either.

Enjoy your time on the island thumbsup.gif

Yeah, one or two Brits with weird sense of humour sometimes.... only they would understand! whistling.gifbiggrin.png

but for the most part at least the Samui forum members are reasonably "sane" blink.png .... with one or two exceptions wink.png , when you compare to other local forums on TV in Thailand! w00t.gif

Tropicalevo is correct about taking vehicles off the main roads, that would apply to rented cars in any country I think... i did not think about that this morning~ blink.png

Enjoy the rest of your stay, and don't worry about stupid questions... not sure what MR C did not understand about it~ !!!!!rolleyes.gif

he's groaled at a couple of people lately.... his bark is worse than his bite!!!!tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Came home from a wonderful day and saw some beautiful beaches.

Amazing how quiet those beaches are compared to Chaweng beach.

Went to a small bay near thong krut with a lot of long tail boats located at beach area. Didnt see anyone at beach cept for me,gf and a few local fishermen. Stunning looking beach.

Then went to taling ngam with a view to fives islands.

Saw less than ten people at the place we were and there was a nice rocky area on beach going left from where we entered.

Next stop lipa noi a bit south from nikki beach. bit more people there but beautiful beach.

Ended up near bang po and had some drinking and eating there. almost deserted beach but nice one though.

Can see why people go on a scooter and leave for these places.

Still amazed how deserted some of the places were.

Took lots of pictures and videoes so have a lot to edit when going home.

And now its times for some beers.

Cheers :-)

Came home from a wonderful day and saw some beautiful beaches.

Amazing how quiet those beaches are compared to Chaweng beach.

Went to a small bay near thong krut with a lot of long tail boats located at beach area. Didnt see anyone at beach cept for me,gf and a few local fishermen. Stunning looking beach.

Then went to taling ngam with a view to fives islands.

Saw less than ten people at the place we were and there was a nice rocky area on beach going left from where we entered.

Next stop lipa noi a bit south from nikki beach. bit more people there but beautiful beach.

Ended up near bang po and had some drinking and eating there. almost deserted beach but nice one though.

Can see why people go on a scooter and leave for these places.

Still amazed how deserted some of the places were.

Took lots of pictures and videoes so have a lot to edit when going home.

And now its times for some beers.

Cheers :-)

yep have a few beers on me. but i don't think your rental car shall let youdrive drunk. anyway that restaursnt you are talkign in boutyou would propbably be bettr off ona motor crossbike toget up there. or maybe i thijnkijng of adifrfernt 1.

if theroad is conrected all the way thenno problem iof notthenoproblemneeda4wheel and a spare wheel and if you get into an argument with insertyournamehere then u might need a knife )

@Big C.

We decided not to go to that view point and instead just stopped at various places already mentioned. Also stopped at a place on the road where they had a zillion coconuts laying around. Bought some oil from there and took some pictures. never seen so many coconuts on one place before :-)

Going to bother you all with some pictures when i get home and get time to edit things :-)

Gourgeous beaches on this island and amazing how empty some of them are.

Can imagine that was how Chaweng looked like twenty years ago.

Now don't go giving out the locations all the quiet beaches, it's got to be kept secret, we don't want to spoil all the beaches here!!!! biggrin.pngwhistling.gif

Your pics will be a welcome additions, image section has not had new images in quiet a while now!!! wink.png

did you make it up to peak eye view, last time i went the road closer to nathon off the ring road where the army base is was not passable by car due to a landslide (ok by bike just) but the other way closer to hua thanon has a complete concrete road up to the magic garden think the last concrete section from the other viewing restaurant was completed a couple of years ago as it was pretty fresh when i went up, car no problem that way now whereas before it was jeep only, think it's that restaurant anyway.

did you make it up to peak eye view, last time i went the road closer to nathon off the ring road where the army base is was not passable by car due to a landslide (ok by bike just) but the other way closer to hua thanon has a complete concrete road up to the magic garden think the last concrete section from the other viewing restaurant was completed a couple of years ago as it was pretty fresh when i went up, car no problem that way now whereas before it was jeep only, think it's that restaurant anyway.

lol the solider asked my misses if i was a good driver. she said yet and he let me pass only then i realise why he asked as the road was missing.the only way round was 2 wheels on the side of the cliff and the other 2 on a very steep sandy angle.

anyway i am still here and the drop was a killer but i made it across the bridge of death. still looking for the holly grail )

post-39813-134337101641_thumb.jpg

My gps says there is a road on the sea ????

That's the ferry ..... just make sure it is docked before proceeding......biggrin.png

Yes I thought this also but the ferry took off at a different location which suggests there might be a secret or not so secret underground drug cartel tunnel

Maybe some mexicans came here and got bored do what they know that's dig

Or it could be the unground electric cable maybe for underwater sparkies

So wht of those cables break shall everyone get a shock

post-39813-134337101641_thumb.jpg

My gps says there is a road on the sea ????

That's the ferry ..... just make sure it is docked before proceeding......biggrin.png

Or it could be the unground electric cable maybe for underwater sparkies

So wht of those cables break shall everyone get a shock

It would be a shocking experience.... biggrin.pngcheesy.gif