Getting To Don Muang Early Hours?

Razzler1973

Got an early, early flight from DM and obviously airport link closed at that time I assume.

Is there any other way there aside from a cab? The trains from Hualumphong also not running that time (2am/3am)?

Not really looking for a series of 5 different buses from Samsen Road or Sukhumvit area but is there an obvious

air con bus that runs late that I am over looking?

Ta :)

Nah, I will be in BKK from afternoon until my flight at 6am. I have a place to stay in BKK just wondering if there's an obvious way out to DM about 3am but sounds like there isn't and just easier to jump in a cab.

Cheers anyway :)

all those winers and longsleepers always after all the trouble we take tell that they take a cab-if they bother at all to respond.

As for nighttime: the sure AC bus is the 555-from Swampy-which is said to have 3 or 4 nghttimerides, does of coursenot serve SUk and the pleasure areas of most TV-users, but stops at Din Daeng or opposite Central Lard prao/far north end of Chatuchak park

From the Vict Mon. one can take buses 29 and 59 (detour via sena), both run 24 hrs, but I think only with old red buses-very cheap thus, or even free.

Last train is at about 23.40, first around 4.00 (mo-fr only-express diesel set) from main stat. Hualampong. check srt for the times they think it should be.

as said so many times before: as for after 1./10-when AA moves there-expect changes-but the impatient tipical farang wines now about any uncertainty for over 3-4 monthes.

Taxi is the only sensible solution for this. Be aware that in some areas, they can be difficult to find very early in the morning. I've had some "interesting" experiences trying to get to Swampy early in the morning.

Call a Howa taxi. 024242222. The company operates the bright green taxis that have queues at some big hospitals and shopping malls around Bangkok. Taxis are clean and I've found their drivers more reliable than other companies. Have them pick you up for your early morning run up to DM. The dispatchers at that telephone number speak English.

Nah, I will be in BKK from afternoon until my flight at 6am. I have a place to stay in BKK just wondering if there's an obvious way out to DM about 3am but sounds like there isn't and just easier to jump in a cab.

Cheers anyway smile.png

Between 3am-5am it wont take you any longer than 20mins to get to DMK from central BKK - you don't even need to use the 80baht tollway, straight up Vihavadi road. Cost will be around 160-180 baht depending on where you are staying (which you didn't disclose as you mention both Samsen rd and Sukhumvit roads which are nowhere near each other). If you do want to take a bus - for whatever reason - there are some 24 hr buses which pass DMK but without knowing where you are coming from....

Your OP and this one are both confusing. In your OP you state, "Got an early, early flight from DM and obviously airport link closed at that time I assume." The Airport Link (ARL) doesn't go to DMK, only to BKK (swampy). You have to wait 4-5 years before it will be extended to DMK.

Then, in this reply you state, "I will be in BKK from afternoon until my flight at 6am. I have a place to stay in BKK just wondering if there's an obvious way out to DM about 3am".

You are catching at Domestic flight, I assume Nok Air, at 6am right? Why the heck would you be going out to DMK at 3am for a domestic flight??!! I wouldn't even leave before 4:30am for an international flight at that time (unless it was US bound).

If you have a domestic flight at 6am with check in required by 5:30am, I wouldn't be leaving before 5am myself from a central BKK location. If your unsure and want to be safe depart at 4:45am (book your taxi if you ar enot near a main rd) but I bet you are at the airport at 5:10am wondering how to kill time...

as said so many times before: as for after 1./10-when AA moves there-expect changes-but the impatient tipical farang wines now about any uncertainty for over 3-4 monthes.

I agree Khun asanee, there have been a some people unnecessarily whining about AA moving to DMK from 1 Oct and how difficult they perceive it will be to for the very few that will need to transfer between airports.

However with respect, the OP wasn't doing that. He was asking a genuine query about how to get to DMK at 3am with info sought on any public transport options. You gave him some potential options.

Haha, that's true about the airport link. No need to mention that. It IS DM, I will probably be in Samsen, hadn't decided at the time as it's not even a night. Meant the railway being closed rather than airport link.

Bah, bus would be good but I know how I am, time I have a few beers in the afternoon and early evening there's no way I'll get a bus so I will get a cab but thanks for the effort :)

Call a Howa taxi. 024242222. The company operates the bright green taxis that have queues at some big hospitals and shopping malls around Bangkok. Taxis are clean and I've found their drivers more reliable than other companies. Have them pick you up for your early morning run up to DM. The dispatchers at that telephone number speak English.

Needed a 0400 pick up from lower Sukhumvit this morning so instead of paying the 500 that is often 'demanded' by street cabs to Swampy at this hour I booked with Howa as above for the first time. Cab was at the hotel on time and used the meter without any prompting and the fare was............220baht. I paid he bloke 300 and everyone happy.

Thanks Dibbler.

I used to love travelling through Don Muang. Nice comfortable, safe, airport bus out there, followed by a quick check-in and then a few pints in the land-side bar. What was it called? Bill Bentley's or something like that?

Is it still there? I am going to DM soon for the first time in ages so if it is still trading I will definitely arrive early and wind down with a few pints.