Closest Bts Station To Swampy

eljuwa

I will arrive at SWAMPY around 7.30AM. I need to get to the closest BTS station in order that I may get to the BTS - Surasak Station (near the Myanmar Visa Office) by 9 AM.

Please advise me:

1) Do I need to get a taxi from Swampy to the closest BTS station - what is the name of that station

2) From that BTS station near SWAMPY - could I go directly to Surasak BTS station or do I have to make any transfers?

Thanks for your help.

James

Airport Express (City Service) to Phayathai, change to BTS (Sukhumvit Line) to Siam, change to BTS (Silom Line) to Surasak.

There's no through ticketing from the airport so you need to buy a BTS ticket when you change at Phayathai.

Airport Express (City Service) to Phayathai, change to BTS (Sukhumvit Line) to Siam, change to BTS (Silom Line) to Surasak.

There's no through ticketing from the airport so you need to buy a BTS ticket when you change at Phayathai.

Thanks very much

By the way: It is on B-floor. Take the lift down... Walking is a long way :-) I did it yesterday to Silom... 45 Bath to Phaya Thai + 25 Bath to Sala Daeng S2 [you have to change the line. Just opposite to the arrival line is the silom line.] Security is very helpful for people with luggage or disorientation...

Edited by Aachen

By the way: It is on B-floor. Take the lift down... Walking is a long way :-) I did it yesterday to Silom... 45 Bath to Phaya Thai + 25 Bath to Sala Daeng S2 [you have to change the line. Just opposite to the arrival line is the silom line.] Security is very helpful for people with luggage or disorientation...

Thanks, Aachen> If I may repeat because I am uncertain as to what I should do.

Take the lift down to the B floor. What kind of bus or shuttle do I take Phaya Thai? Cost is 45 baht. Then I will be getting down at Phaya Thai BTS. From there, I take the BTS Sukhumvit Line to Sala Daeng at 25 baht. Another Forum member said that I have to go to Siam station and then take the BTS Silom Line. Is it Sala Daeng or Siam station. Now I take the BTS Silom to Surasak.

Sorry for the bother. I am kind of slow to comprehend. Thanks

usually all these well-intended directions give people more nerves- its really plain simple; FOLLOW SIGNS-open eyes.

As for BKK and your original Q; in BKK it does not make any sense to ask about closest by-in this fact a taxi ride to that one would add enormous to time needed as due to the jams.

Check this link: http://www.fortunaba...m/bkk/skytrain/

-- Airport to Phaythai BTS station, change to the BTS "E" stations, leading to SIAM/CEN

-- Phayathai to Siam station, change to the "S" line stations, leading to Saladang & Surasak.

I think I've got that right, anyway, shows well on the map at the url above.

Mac

Mac, thanks very much. This is the best I got.

usually all these well-intended directions give people more nerves- its really plain simple; FOLLOW SIGNS-open eyes.

As for BKK and your original Q; in BKK it does not make any sense to ask about closest by-in this fact a taxi ride to that one would add enormous to time needed as due to the jams.

Thanks very much

Quite simple. Express train to Paiyatai One way BHT90 Return Bht150 ( return open for 14 days)Swampi to Paiyatai takes only 17minutes. At Paiyatai check price for your destination.Max price Bht55. You will need to change train at Siam onto Silom line. Don't use the Makasarn line as the station is a long way from everything. I use the express quite frequently and find it very conveniant. No more taxis for me.

Quite simple. Express train to Paiyatai One way BHT90 Return Bht150 ( return open for 14 days)Swampi to Paiyatai takes only 17minutes. At Paiyatai check price for your destination.Max price Bht55. You will need to change train at Siam onto Silom line.

BTS PT to BTS Surasak will be 30 baht. (Note the BTS train change at Siam means just crossing the platform to the other side, Wong Wian Yai direction train)

Also, Cityline option to PhayaThai station is 45 baht if you want to half the Express fare and nearly double your journey time (26 mins)

ARL and BTS is the quickest option and will get you there before 9am easily. You don't state that your arrival is international but I am assuming it. Immigration is good at 7:30am , you'll clear quick.

Weekday timetables for Express and Cityline so you can note times a few options for when you land:

http://airportraillink.railway.co.th/en/11_time_table/weekday_city_1.html

http://airportraillink.railway.co.th/en/11_time_table/weekday_express_6.html

Quite simple. Express train to Paiyatai One way BHT90 Return Bht150 ( return open for 14 days)Swampi to Paiyatai takes only 17minutes. At Paiyatai check price for your destination.Max price Bht55. You will need to change train at Siam onto Silom line.

BTS PT to BTS Surasak will be 30 baht. (Note the BTS train change at Siam means just crossing the platform to the other side, Wong Wian Yai direction train)

Also, Cityline option to PhayaThai station is 45 baht if you want to half the Express fare and nearly double your journey time (26 mins)

ARL and BTS is the quickest option and will get you there before 9am easily. You don't state that your arrival is international but I am assuming it. Immigration is good at 7:30am , you'll clear quick.

Weekday timetables for Express and Cityline so you can note times a few options for when you land:

http://airportrailli...day_city_1.html

http://airportrailli..._express_6.html

Thanks very much)

http://airportrailli...day_city_1.html

http://airportrailli..._express_6.html

Thanks

• 1 month later...