'Anyone else got no ubc signal?i had it at 1pm today and then power cut and now nothing,anything to do with the new update last night? '

Same here ... UBC says to switch off and try again after 5 minutes ..

That does not seem to work ...sad.png

If your HD Plus box is not working properly, either slow, displaying wrong info, no HD, or a full ER 16 (no signal) error shows, then follow instructions in this pdf: http://www.truevisionstv.com/photo/download/Relocation_Magazine_en.pdf.

I had problems this morning, then decided to reboot by taking plug out. After that only "ER16, no signal". Subsequently found above file via Google, and following it fixed it for me, and many others already.

Good luck!

• Like 2

If your HD Plus box is not working properly, either slow, displaying wrong info, no HD, or a full ER 16 (no signal) error shows, then follow instructions in this pdf: http://www.truevisio...Magazine_en.pdf.

I had problems this morning, then decided to reboot by taking plug out. After that only "ER16, no signal". Subsequently found above file via Google, and following it fixed it for me, and many others already.

Good luck!

Excellent thanks ....That did it !

3 different houses - 3 different boxes - all state that there is no signal. I even tried moving the boxes around in the different houses. unsure.png

Anyone else got this problem or is it unique to Plai Laem. ermm.gif

You have the new True visions HD boxes?

3 different houses - 3 different boxes - all state that there is no signal. I even tried moving the boxes around in the different houses. unsure.png

Just do as boater did go to the site it leads you through the process. I assume you have error e16.

You have the new True visions HD boxes?

2 yes, 1 no. 2 rented, 1 purchased

Just do as boater did go to the site it leads you through the process. I assume you have error e16.

No I do not. The message reads 'No Signal' On the purchased unit the message is E52-32 No Signal.

No other buttons work except on/off. Pressing menu acheives nothing. Oh well, happy engineer time.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Got it all sorted,the gf called them in tesco and they told us what to do and put a pin number in all good now,seem to have more channels now.don't know how i am getting bbc entertainment again,not complaining as is the best thing on ubc!

Contact UBC and they will give you the pin number to restart. They did an upgrade...nice of them to tell people.

I had an SMS on my mobile telling me what was happening for every rental account that I have, They do nothing for you if you purchased.

However, on rental contracts, you cannot swap a card into a different box. If you have purchased then you can mix and match.

OK so the scam is upon us.

If you purchased the box - it no longer works - except for Knowledge package!

You have to either rent, or buy new boxes - 5,000 baht each.

Anyone want to buy 8 old UBC boxes? (latest one just 6 months old.)

BTW - I had paid for a full month on the 1st - and they did not tell me that it would stop on the 15th! No refunds.

Happy Days (and better nights).

My purchased box is still working .........

But it comes through the same dish as my rental .. perhaps that is the reason ?

Probably - I would expect the second box to receive the same package as the rental one. All my purchased boxes are stand alone.

Mind you - you can know have 4 different boxes on one account with rentals - and the price for all four boxes per month (gold) is 2,444 baht in total (611 baht per box per month). The guy in True Visions suggested that I get four rental boxes and replace the purchased ones that way. Even though I am paying every month - he says that it might be cheaper than just paying when the houses are occupied. I pushed him on whether I can have one account, 4 boxes, 4 houses - he said "Should do. I cannot see why not.". It does not fill me with confidence.

My purchased boxes works fine. Both boxes are HD maybe thats why?

That will be it. All HD boxes work fine under the new system. I was asked if I had bought HD boxes. Hmmm - 10 years ago? I do not think so. Mind you, I am racked off about a box that I bought six months ago. HD was definitely out then.

• 2 weeks later...

So - the final count on the UBC/True Move purchased decoders.

They will not work unless you purchased an HD one.

Bangkok tell me that you cannot purchase anymore (unless HD)

The boys and katoys in True Move Big C tell me that to rent - it is 5,000 baht or 3,000 baht per decoder (depending on who you talk to.)

When I pointed out that in Bangkok they quote 2,000 baht per decoder I was told - "Samui not same"

Eventually I managed to get three decoders installed - 2,200 baht each - rented.

Still got a few more to sort out.

Summary

There are three places in Chewang with True Visions/UBC

Big C and Tesco (next to AIS/Telewiz) are pocketing some of the money.

The shop outside of the Bangkok Bank inside Tesco has given the best and most honest service so far.

Two of my neighbours now only deal with UBC Bangkok direct.