Laptop Question Reminds Me..

stevo

I stayed at a well known, low-priced hotel chain in pattaya one time (very tempted to mention the name) maybe I will give the name out later if I'm still steaming..

One night after drinking late i went back to my hotel at about 4am. (I know I was buzzed, but not over-doing it that night) The one night in my life I was too tired to lock my door (I think) Anyway, went to sleep quick, woke up next morining to find my wallet & phone gone! In a sheer state of panic, I went downstairs to reception to tell them what happened, wondering what the heck I was gonna do. To my surprise, the said they found my wallet (with credit cards, no cash, no phone) in another empty hotel room! Feeling very relieved at this point..& confused.

Then, the reception had the NERVE to tell me that I took the wrong key (which they would have given me) to another room, and I must have deposited my wallet with no money, there and then left to my hotel room to sleep! Unbeleivable!

Then, for some reason I decided to stay one more night, due to lazziness of finding another room the next day with things to do. Well, the next day my MP3 player and silk boxer shorts were gone!! At this point I am sure it must be one of the staff because my room was surely locked this time. I was only able to complain to the "manager" & check out!

So, if you bring a laptop, you had better chain it to the bed!

I will never make that mistake again.

So many hotels have slack security. There is nothing to stop a shifty tourist getting a duplicate room key cut and returning to steal from that room long after they have checked out of the hotel.

I have knowledge that the bungalow room keys at the Nautical Hotel will fit most other doors in the hotel. It seems that rather than have individual door keys, the Nautical have cut copies of the master key to give to their customers. Dumb!! :o Needless to say, I don't stay there.

I travel with a Samsonite hard shelled suitcase, into which I lock anything that may be worth stealing. I then use a chain to lash the suitcase to an unmovable object in my room. Fortunately the hotel where I stay provides individual combination lock safes in each room. Their security guard actively patrols all floors of the hotel.

The only valuable thing that I keep in my room is my passport and that's locked in the safe.

The one night in my life I was too tired to lock my door (I think) Anyway, went to sleep quick, woke up next morining to find my wallet & phone gone! In a sheer state of panic, I went downstairs to reception to tell them what happened, wondering what the heck I was gonna do.

To my surprise, the said they found my wallet (with credit cards, no cash, no phone) in another empty hotel room! Feeling very relieved at this point..& confused.

Well, the next day my MP3 player and silk boxer shorts were gone!! At this point I am sure it must be one of the staff because my room was surely locked this time. I was only able to complain to the "manager" & check out!

It's not only the hotel staff who steal things - the guy next door could have stolen your stuff too!

It's not unusual for "customers" to make a dupe hotel key and come back to steal from the room a month or so later!

Use the security box for excess cash, valuables, and anything of value and small enough to cram into it. Then you can blame the hotel when something comes up missing from your security box.

Someone stole your SILK BOXER SHORTS, hmmmmm, now that IS unusual, were they Thai size?

AL