'Areas Facing Floods Will Be Revealed': PM Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The authorities have also positioned cameras on bridges to monitor water levels, are employing unmanned aircraft to examine dams, and have started using boats to push water out to sea.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/569750-thailand-needs-core-water-management-system-dutch-architect/

These intelligent and sophisticated measures boosted my confidence in this government. This reaffirmed my wife's and my intention to permanently take residence in Bangkok from August on. We will bring our wellingtons with us though.

The authorities have also positioned cameras on bridges to monitor water levels, are employing unmanned aircraft to examine dams, and have started using boats to push water out to sea.

http://www.thaivisa....utch-architect/

These intelligent and sophisticated measures boosted my confidence in this government. This reaffirmed my wife's and my intention to permanently take residence in Bangkok from August on. We will bring our wellingtons with us though.

You have to admit though that with all these gadgets it's your own fault if you didn't see it coming whistling.gif

Only a fool will say there will be no flooding this year or any other year,Are they God to say that? Do they Control the laws of Nature? Is high time that Thais people get serious and become spiritual. An enlightened man knows that this are natural Catostrophies which no man can control at least can not control totally.

Uhm, the NASA wanted to do an "atmospheric research study" rolleyes.gif

"atmospheric research study" and later they told something that they will put the equipment to "detect radiation" into Thai airplanes and do it for the NASA.

So it wasn't planed to look down.

Gentleman,

I invite you to read the actual proposed activity. Details are here http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/seac4rs.html

Technically, the NASA flights would have been monitoring the atmosphere, but they would be linked to ground sensors gathering data, particularly as it related to the particulate and thermographic source areas. As it seems neither of you made an effort to read what the proposed study was about, I have identified the ground references for you. Seriously, did you not realize that one has to identify the physical characteristics on the ground to obtain a thorough understanding of the reflection of energy, particulate cloud formation and thermographic influences.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEAC4RS planners will be using a suite of scientific instruments in orbit, in the air, and on the ground to paint a detailed view of these intertwined atmospheric processes. As NASA's A-Train fleet of formation-flying satellites passes over the region every day, sensors will detect different features of the scene below.

NASA's ER-2 high-altitude aircraft will fly into the stratosphere to the edge of space while the National Science Foundation's G-V and NASA's DC-8 aircraft sample the atmosphere below it. An array of sensors spread across the region at locations on the ground and in the South China Sea will observe the atmosphere from the bottom up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a good mind to send this lady to go have a word with you.

30186407-01_big.jpg

Of course what years has the monsoon NOT being in Thailand?

Believe the government would prefer to call it the rainy season as monsoon has a negative connotation and could affect tourism. wink.png

Yeah... but "monsoon" doesn't sound as negative as "major capital city that is also a flood plain due to water mismanagement".

Uhm, the NASA wanted to do an "atmospheric research study" rolleyes.gif

"atmospheric research study" and later they told something that they will put the equipment to "detect radiation" into Thai airplanes and do it for the NASA.

So it wasn't planed to look down.

Gentleman,

I invite you to read the actual proposed activity. Details are here http://www.nasa.gov/...es/seac4rs.html

Technically, the NASA flights would have been monitoring the atmosphere, but they would be linked to ground sensors gathering data, particularly as it related to the particulate and thermographic source areas. As it seems neither of you made an effort to read what the proposed study was about, I have identified the ground references for you. Seriously, did you not realize that one has to identify the physical characteristics on the ground to obtain a thorough understanding of the reflection of energy, particulate cloud formation and thermographic influences.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEAC4RS planners will be using a suite of scientific instruments in orbit, in the air, and on the ground to paint a detailed view of these intertwined atmospheric processes. As NASA's A-Train fleet of formation-flying satellites passes over the region every day, sensors will detect different features of the scene below.

NASA's ER-2 high-altitude aircraft will fly into the stratosphere to the edge of space while the National Science Foundation's G-V and NASA's DC-8 aircraft sample the atmosphere below it. An array of sensors spread across the region at locations on the ground and in the South China Sea will observe the atmosphere from the bottom up.

Sorry if this goes more off topic, but a correction is necessary I think.

"Instruments on the ground, array of sensors observe from bottoms up". None of this is the same as 'earth observation' which requires looking down in order to investigate what you described earlier as "they can show the canals that were blocked and built over by land developers and they can show the illegal forest clearing and the illegal land developments."

• Like 1

They really missed the boat on refusing to cooperate with NASA. I guess they think that their novel ideas of using boat props to divert the water is more effective than NASA research. Surely the Thai people read about these events happening in the country and with an educated mind can see that their government needs a complete makeover.

Who was it who was it who raised the objections to cooperation with NASA ???

Surely not the Democrats ??

Who was it that had at least 9 months to get prepared for the project but couldn't be bothered>

Surely not the Democrats?

No, it was the lazy PTP government who couldn't be bothered and got caught out by the opposition Democrat party who were doing what the opposition is supposed to do, once again.

Read my lips "no more flooding"

and why will they WAIT to tell everyone the flood areas? why dont they tell people now?

Because they want to be 100% precise.

Can you hear the theme from Jaws playing in the background.

There wernt going to be any floods in a lot of places in Australia this year, that had previously been flooded over the past couple of years either? But there were.

Bangkok is known as the Venice of South East Asia, it is also sinking according to the scientists and the oceans are rising. It is also in the Monsoon Tropical rain belt and there will be a lot more floods. It is just a fact of life. No Government on earth can stop nature in it's fury. Bangkok will flood again, depends on the rainfall and how the dams are managed. Also how manyBoofhead builders fill in the canals again with rubbish?

They really missed the boat on refusing to cooperate with NASA. I guess they think that their novel ideas of using boat props to divert the water is more effective than NASA research. Surely the Thai people read about these events happening in the country and with an educated mind can see that their government needs a complete makeover.

You were doing all right until you said educated mind.

You were doing all right until you said educated mind.

have a bit of respect.