How Much Do You Think My Electricity Bill Will Be?

jacobjm1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, don't condo's slap on an extra charge!!! My bill has never been over 2,500. Mostly under 2k and that is for a house with a/c on all night at the coldest setting.

Water heaters cost a lot to run. I was outside when the other half was washing her hair and the meter was spinning around like it had an afterburner!!

I dont quite understand these calculations. An aircon with 12000 BTU consume about 1.2 kWh. If you run this 24/7 at a kW price of 3.5 bath, you will end up with about 3000 bath. This is when it run all the time. Say it run 70% of the time. YOu will still end up with 2100 bath for ONLY the aircon

Have a look at this pages http://www.csgnetwork.com/elecenergycalcs.html You can easily convert this to bath when you know your price kWh/unit

Sorry to go off topic but I have never heard of a sleep machine. After a google search they are very cheap to buy but do they work?

Back on topic 2375 baht 25 satang thumbsup.gif

My cpak cost 60,000 baht and my concentrator 35,000 baht. And yes they work and I can even use my concentrator during the day. Or as a Nebulizer much more efficient than puffers.

As for what are his expected costs wait and see.

How hot is the weather from day to day how often is the air con checked and screens cleaned. He dosen't watch TV but does he turn it off at the machine or with the remote letting it continue to draw power.

He is kind of asking how long is a string.

• Like 1

I dont quite understand these calculations. An aircon with 12000 BTU consume about 1.2 kWh. If you run this 24/7 at a kW price of 3.5 bath, you will end up with about 3000 bath. This is when it run all the time. Say it run 70% of the time. YOu will still end up with 2100 bath for ONLY the aircon

Have a look at this pages http://www.csgnetwor...nergycalcs.html You can easily convert this to bath when you know your price kWh/unit

most of the calculations have the flaw that a lot of people who "run" aircons have not the faintest idea what "running" an aircon means, respectively that two "running modes" exist. one is the actual cooling mode with indoor fan, outdoor fan and compressor running for which a 12,000 btu/h unit (as you correctly mentioned) draws about 1.2kWh. once the temperature setting has been reached the outside unit switches off and the consumption drops (depending on the model and fan setting) to a mere 40-60 Watts.

• Like 1

My guess is your monthly bill will be under 1100 THB

that sounds about right... if you multiply it by four thumbsup.gif

Air conditioning, one unit (all day)

check your e-mail Flying.

Edited by Naam

Hahah it was my guess because mine is 1076 a month

I use basically what he does & live in basically the same size dwelling as he does.

Except we have a washing machine & he does not.

So I guessed he may be less than us as we wash every 3 days or so.

Difficult to say. I recon you have a refrigerator as well.

How much do you pay kw/unit? I'll think about 4/5000 bath/month.

i dont think your taking into acount the "sleep mode"

there's at least another grand there..

Is that a joke?

I don't use iMAcs but a modern PC on sleep mode for 16 hours a day would use around 2.5 killowatt-hours in a month. Even if you are paying 7 baht a unit that would come to a grand total of 17.5 baht a month.

I use basically what he does & live in basically the same size dwelling as he does.

Ya right you run a air con 7/24 plus the other items he uses plus washing clothes every three days for 1,076 baht.

What do you do hand crank the air con.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif

Ya right you run a air con 7/24 plus the other items he uses plus washing clothes every three days for 1,076 baht.

What do you do hand crank the air con.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif

I'm sorry but it is what we pay

No we do not run the aircon 24/7 but I would say 15/7 & set at 24C

Run all night from 7PM till 6AM

Then during the day about every other hour.

So probably more than 15 hours actually.

But varies

It is only 45sq meter condo

Also we do not pay through the condo which some do & it is 5x as much for those folks.

We have an account with the govt & pay ourselves ( auto deduct from bank account )

Other than that I would say same as OP with the washing machine exception & no sleep machine.

But cook at home (electric) 2 meals a day

a medium fridge Hitachi 6.4 cubic

microwave

coffee pot, toaster etc.

TV is small 19" flat screen.

We do not watch much mainly at night sometimes

But we both have tablet computers & laptops

Sorry but them's the facts wink.png

Electric 1076 THB last month

Highest I have seen was during a hot month April I think

PS: just logged on our bank account to double check last months bill

My bad it wasn't 1076 THB..............................It was 1073.01 THB smile.png

Edited by flying

45m² means nothing. what kind of outside walls, windows exposed to how many hours of direct sun radiation? during the construction period of our home we rented a penthouse in Jomtien. single pane glass like an aquarium on three sides, flat roof no insulation. living room ~85m², three 18,000 btu/h units running full blast 24/7 never got the temperature during daytime below 27ºC even with curtains drawn closed sick.gif

45m² means nothing. what kind of outside walls, windows exposed to how many hours of direct sun radiation? during the construction period of our home we rented a penthouse in Jomtien. single pane glass like an aquarium on three sides, flat roof no insulation. living room ~85m², three 18,000 btu/h units running full blast 24/7 never got the temperature during daytime below 27ºC even with curtains drawn closed sick.gif

Well you know I am a contractor but....I didn't build this :)

You know standard condo I guess

We have one 7.5' window & one 8' glass sliding door onto the patio

Both are single glazed nothing special & both face 143 degrees SE

I am guessing we do in fact achieve the 24C although I have not checked.

But the compressor is on the patio & I know it is not running full time.

Just a small heads up.

The OP has made 17 posts.

Of those 10 have been as the OP.

Just saying like ... whistling.gif

Though I know few will read this and happily reply ... rolleyes.gif.

Im my naivity I thought the that was the main idea for the forum, to help newbees to find their way around herewhistling.gif

As interesting as the banana-thread is........coffee1.gif

Just an update ...

The OP has made 17 18 posts.

Of those 10 11 have been as the OP.

Ask an innocuous question, appear innocent.

Wait a while, maybe one nice reply from the OP.

Add a little detail for more replies ... never return.

See a pattern?

All you have to do is look at the members previous posting history.

Sometimes we get something interesting to chat about ... but consider the members who spend a long time replying in earnest.

OH ... did the OP bother to reply to you good folk before opening his next thread ... nope!

Again, just saying like ... whistling.gif

Edited by David48

Just a small heads up.

The OP has made 17 posts.

Of those 10 have been as the OP.

Just saying like ... whistling.gif

Though I know few will read this and happily reply ... rolleyes.gif.

Im my naivity I thought the that was the main idea for the forum, to help newbees to find their way around herewhistling.gif

As interesting as the banana-thread is........coffee1.gif

Just an update ...

The OP has made 17 18 posts.

Of those 10 11 have been as the OP.

Ask an innocuous question, appear innocent.

Wait a while, maybe one nice reply from the OP.

Add a little detail for more replies ... never return.

See a pattern?

All you have to do is look at the members previous posting history.

Sometimes we get something interesting to chat about ... but consider the members who spend a long time replying in earnest.

OH ... did the OP bother to reply to you good folk before opening his next thread ... nope!

Again, just saying like ... whistling.gif

Dude, get a life. Hopefully this forum is not your biggest deal of the day?

I appreciate all the comments and feedback from all of those who have responded. I just moved here this week, so I am busy with many things, but rest assured, all of those who have responded will get a thank you.

• Like 1

In a 2 floor, 3 bed / 3 bath house in Bangkok including washing machine, 3 air con units, 2 tvs, computer, microwave our bill is normally around 1,200 - 1,500 baht. Lowest it's been was 800 or so back in the cool season in December.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect App

Wow, that's really cheap. In the US, it would be a fortune. I'm optimistic about the electricity bill then.

What's a "sleep machine"? unsure.png

Sleep machine or what we call in the trade a "bed"

I've heard of electric chairs, but electric beds.....blink.png

It vibrates for maximum pleasure.

Dude, get a life. Hopefully this forum is not your biggest deal of the day?

I appreciate all the comments and feedback from all of those who have responded. I just moved here this week, so I am busy with many things, but rest assured, all of those who have responded will get a thank you.

Nope, not a 'dude'.

This Forum ... I take it seriously, but my biggest deal of the day ... I think not.

BTW, any joy finding those 'White Lotus-Scented Candle Or Reed Diffuser...' ?

In a 2 floor, 3 bed / 3 bath house in Bangkok including washing machine, 3 air con units, 2 tvs, computer, microwave our bill is normally around 1,200 - 1,500 baht. Lowest it's been was 800 or so back in the cool season in December.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect App

Wow, that's really cheap. In the US, it would be a fortune. I'm optimistic about the electricity bill then.

I find my elec bill about the same as the US and I use about the same , I have a similar house as the guy above and mine is more than that, more like 3000 than 1500 but I run the air a lot