Tablet Computer Distribution Kicks Off In Thailand

webfact

"As to your position please explain it by evidencing how this Government has actually removed infrastructure that previous administrations had already provided to these schools without electricity............"

My position???.

Where did I say that this Government has actually removed infrastructure that previous administrations had already provided to these schools without electricity ?

Come on!

Wow, slowly you appear to be getting it!

So do you accept that those schools without electricity are a result of the infrastructure improvements in remote rural areas being sidelined by previous Governments?

Do you then also accept that this lack of infrastructure can't rationally be blamed on the current administration or the tablet scheme (the actual topic of this thread)?

Once you've arrived at this logical point in your thought process please proceed to read my previous posts on this subject...we're getting there, albeit slowly and sporadically!

The issue of infrastructure isn't being blamed on the current administration or the tablet scheme. The problem is that the current administration is handing (a few) tablets when the infrastructure isn't there to support it. This isn't just the couple of thousand schools without electricity, but also the schools that don't have the ability to charge 30-50 tablets, the fact that a lot of schools don't have access to wifi, and that the teachers haven't been trained in how to use the tablets, and especially how to teach with them.

• Like 2

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As to your position please explain it by evidencing how this Government has actually removed infrastructure that previous administrations had already provided to these schools without electricity............"

My position???.

Where did I say that this Government has actually removed infrastructure that previous administrations had already provided to these schools without electricity ?

Come on!

So do you accept that those schools without electricity are a result of the infrastructure improvements in remote rural areas being sidelined by previous Governments?

Do you then also accept that this lack of infrastructure can't rationally be blamed on the current administration or the tablet scheme (the actual topic of this thread)?

Once you've arrived at this logical point in your thought process please proceed to read my previous posts on this subject...we're getting there, albeit slowly and sporadically!

Stick to the point and answer following:

Where did I say that this Government has actually removed infrastructure that previous administrations had already provided to these schools without electricity?

My position???.

Come on!

The issue of infrastructure isn't being blamed on the current administration or the tablet scheme. The problem is that the current administration is handing (a few) tablets when the infrastructure isn't there to support it. This isn't just the couple of thousand schools without electricity, but also the schools that don't have the ability to charge 30-50 tablets, the fact that a lot of schools don't have access to wifi, and that the teachers haven't been trained in how to use the tablets, and especially how to teach with them.

Please speak for yourself and not others.

Reading the posts here and on related threads you can see quite clearly the illogical conclusion being drawn; ie. that technology advancements in Thai schools are laughable because a distinct minority of schools don't have the infrastructure to support it.

The addled logic implies that the majority should be held back in favour of the minority while ignoring the obvious conclusion that these infrastructure advancements are long overdue, while the current administration have yet to complete their first term... It also ignores the massive benefit of this scheme in bringing this issue to light which in truth is seeing the implementation of these long overdue improvements.

My posts have been addressing a specific issue and misrepresentation of this issue. The laughable cries for anyone defending the scheme to "get out more" made the outburst even more ironic in the face of our prolific posters inability to provide actual examples of even 2 Thai Government schools that don't have electricity.

You speculate about a bunch of other issues in a reply directly to me, that aren't pertinent to the issue I've raised and have been discussed at some length already... jeez, if in doubt just go around in circles eh?! Well if you insist...

Wifi - not the be all and end all of the usage of technology. Why do the children need to be connected to Wifi to use the tablets? Do they need internet access 24/7? Could they not set up a small LAN for the cost of a single WAP for local network sharing/ teacher support? Wifi/ internet access is widely available... I guess you're talking about the distinct minority again, clarified by your precise statistics, I quote " a lot" !!!

Charging facilities - you mean power outlets and/ or extension sockets. At best a few hundred baht on extension leads at worst some cable, breakers, a few outlets and a few hours of cheap labour. Yes, what an insurmountable obstacle, never mind tablets, these children are clearly to be deprived of any electrical device!

Teachers haven't been trained to use them/ teach with them - really? Seems to be contrary to reports posted on here and articles I've read but I guess I should jut take your word for it eh?! Maybe not....

The training by PESA in Pang Nga will be attended by 45 teachers of computer science from eight provincial networks in the province and another 20 educational personnel, 159 school administrators from Pang Nga, 9 private school administrators, 7 local school administrators, 1 special education administrator, 180 Grade 1 primary teachers from schools supervised by OBEC, 19 teachers from private schools, 17 teachers from local schools and 3 teachers from special education institutions. All of these participants will train their students after the completion of their course.

http://www.en.moe.go.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=811:teacher-training-on-tablet-use&catid=1:news&Itemid=42

My position???.

Come on!

Please speak for yourself and not others.

Reading the posts here and on related threads you can see quite clearly the illogical conclusion being drawn; ie. that technology advancements in Thai schools are laughable because a distinct minority of schools don't have the infrastructure to support it.

The addled logic implies that the majority should be held back in favour of the minority while ignoring the obvious conclusion that these infrastructure advancements are long overdue, while the current administration have yet to complete their first term... It also ignores the massive benefit of this scheme in bringing this issue to light which in truth is seeing the implementation of these long overdue improvements.

My posts have been addressing a specific issue and misrepresentation of this issue. The laughable cries for anyone defending the scheme to "get out more" made the outburst even more ironic in the face of our prolific posters inability to provide actual examples of even 2 Thai Government schools that don't have electricity.

You speculate about a bunch of other issues in a reply directly to me, that aren't pertinent to the issue I've raised and have been discussed at some length already... jeez, if in doubt just go around in circles eh?! Well if you insist...

Wifi - not the be all and end all of the usage of technology. Why do the children need to be connected to Wifi to use the tablets? Do they need internet access 24/7? Could they not set up a small LAN for the cost of a single WAP for local network sharing/ teacher support? Wifi/ internet access is widely available... I guess you're talking about the distinct minority again, clarified by your precise statistics, I quote " a lot" !!!

Charging facilities - you mean power outlets and/ or extension sockets. At best a few hundred baht on extension leads at worst some cable, breakers, a few outlets and a few hours of cheap labour. Yes, what an insurmountable obstacle, never mind tablets, these children are clearly to be deprived of any electrical device!

Teachers haven't been trained to use them/ teach with them - really? Seems to be contrary to reports posted on here and articles I've read but I guess I should jut take your word for it eh?! Maybe not....

The training by PESA in Pang Nga will be attended by 45 teachers of computer science from eight provincial networks in the province and another 20 educational personnel, 159 school administrators from Pang Nga, 9 private school administrators, 7 local school administrators, 1 special education administrator, 180 Grade 1 primary teachers from schools supervised by OBEC, 19 teachers from private schools, 17 teachers from local schools and 3 teachers from special education institutions. All of these participants will train their students after the completion of their course.

http://www.en.moe.go...:news&Itemid=42

I admire your stamina, ferangled. Once one or two of the hard of thinking get caught out, the posting tends to decay rapidly into a bout of off topic diversionary topics, anything, rather than admit being wrong. I can't understand why it is seemingly so hard to apologise, especially on an anonymous forum such as this?

• Like 1

The schools decided to leave the tablets in their boxes because of many reasons. Their teachers have not been trained on how to use them to teach in class. The Internet connections for the tablets are not ready.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Students-tablets-still-in-boxes-30191735.html

The schools decided to leave the tablets in their boxes because of many reasons. Their teachers have not been trained on how to use them to teach in class. The Internet connections for the tablets are not ready.

http://www.nationmul...s-30191735.html

Did you even read that article? Here's the actual summary and not a carefully chosen quote...

Boonsiri Kannoot, head of the ICT centre at Sukanaree School, said her school received 382 tablets on September 3 and immediately let the students try using them. However, it could not teach all of them how to use them in class, as only half of the teachers had been trained. Next semester, they would fully use the tablets.

So a few teething problems in an isolated incident involving a tiny fraction of schools in a national scheme of epic proportions... damning stuff indeed! Funny it also contradicts your quote even though from the same article - claiming that the tablets have been left in their boxes when actually the students immediately tried them, insinuating that teachers hadn't been trained then admitting that actually half of them had.... The Nation really is a quality, impartial rag eh?!

I particularly like the snippet about a single tablet experiencing battery problems (despite never leaving it's box!) and then being fixed within 24 hrs; suggests the after sales support and service network is working well! That seems pretty contrary to the concerns raised by TV's own resident experts on the subject eh?!

One of the tablets could not recharge its battery, but the problem was fixed in one day by an after-sales service company, she said.

What you have completely failed to comprehend was those were just thrown up examples. If they have generators now, great. If they aren't government schools, great. Perhaps they were poor selection to demonstrate the dilapidated government schools, but It doesn't somehow magically exclude all the other schools that absolutely have no electricity.

Apparently you are as naive and inexperienced with Thailand's length and breadth as the poster borovik who very revealingly posted:

among Thai staff - half a dozen of foreign teachers,comp.lab,school wi-fi network,town has fm station,asphalt streets,running water everywhere.I have been in plenty of places in Thailand and I have to admit with shame - I have not seen any place without electricity.

Come to Thailand. Travel around a bit. To find astoundingly poor schools is not difficult to do where the notion of having 21st century tablet computers is absurd, given their existing infrastructure.

What you seem to completely fail to comprehend is that, your poorly chosen and incorrect examples aside, this has actually nothing to do with the actual topic at hand which isn't "lack of electricity in Thai schools" or "how to derail any thread with multiple links and politically motivated meanderings".

I already admitted my examples were poor examples.(see the post you quoted).

Your other nonsense and over-personalizing aside, you sound like another borovik and Triplet by naively thinking there are not schools in Thailand that lack basic rudimentary essentials.

That is the entire crux of the point, which isn't changed by your over-harping on something already admitted to.

If you unaware of this. As said. Travel around a bit.

They weren't "perhaps a poor selection" they were completely false and misleading

Spared us your snipped over-personal rant. I admitted they were ultimately poor examples. More than once now.

There's no need to be so desperate to make it more than that. There's also no need to get over-personal again,

The point that there are extremely poor schools, some without electricity, and others in very bad shape in Thailand remains....

even through your rants and my poor examples.

That point is not moot.

p.s. I'll take that as we're done here with this interlude. As you seemingly can't reply without dragging personal issues into it, I'm done.

I think it's been demonstrated that others understand and agree with my point noted above.

Edited by Buchholz

My position???.

Come on!

All these valid issues should have been addressed months and months ago and ideally before the scheme began.

That's impressive. A year after the scheme began, and four months after the start of the school year, they thought to start teacher training in August 2012.

How long will it be before they finish and actually began teaching their students?

As for other school districts that haven't had teacher training, try Korat school district.

The Scopads are still in boxes because of it and other reasons .

Seems there's been a new problem developing with the OTP10C tablets....

Students' tablets still in boxes

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: -- Most first graders in Nakhon Ratchasima have not used their PC tablets for studying even though the devices were delivered to their schools a month ago, according to a survey by a reporter.

More than 3,600 tablets are now available at schools in Muang district under the Nakhon Ratchasima Primary Educational Service Area Office 1's supervision.

The schools decided to leave the tablets in their boxes because of many reasons. Their teachers have not been trained on how to use them to teach in class. The Internet connections for the tablets are not ready. A meeting of the schools and school committees and parents to forge understanding among the stakeholders has not taken place. And the schools are ready to close for semester break.

http://www.thaivisa....2/#entry5725632

perhaps as part of that repackaging, they could address the inaccuracy that the pledged 11 million children will not be receiving a tablet.... only about 1 in 10 will.

accuracyotpc.jpg

My position???.

Come on!

All these valid issues should have been addressed months and months ago and ideally before the scheme began.

Yes, ideally by previous administrations... did it really need a tablet scheme in 2011/12 to highlight these necessary infrastructure improvements? I guess so...

Begs the question if the current administration had not implemented this scheme would any of our esteemed members be posting about this lack of infrastructure, leafing through threads from years past it seems not, it just wasn't a pressing issue before I wonder why?!

[

They weren't "perhaps a poor selection" they were completely false and misleading

Spared us your snipped over-personal rant. I admitted they were ultimately poor examples. More than once now.

There's no need to be so desperate to make it more than that. There's also no need to get over-personal again,

The point that there are extremely poor schools, some without electricity, and others in very bad shape in Thailand remains....

That point is not moot.

p.s. I'll take that as we're done here with this interlude. As you seemingly can't reply without dragging personal issues into it, I'm done.

I think it's been demonstrated that others understand and agree with my point noted above.

Sorry B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z, what personal issues I have dragged into this discussion? You wouldn't be deliberately trying to detract from the points raised again would you?! Someone clearly needs a hug!

Please try reading a few of the posts on this thread which have already addressed the concerns you raised so eloquently, and then try to reply to the content and not your perceived personal attacks...

I don't know you, have made no comments about you personally, I simply address the content of your posts, try it, you might like it! thumbsup.gif

That's impressive. A year after the scheme began, and four months after the start of the school year, they thought to start teacher training in August 2012.

How long will it be before they finish and actually began teaching their students?

As for other school districts that haven't had teacher training, try Korat school district.

The Scopads are still in boxes because of it and other reasons .

Seems there's been a new problem developing with the OTP10C tablets....

Students' tablets still in boxes

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: -- Most first graders in Nakhon Ratchasima have not used their PC tablets for studying even though the devices were delivered to their schools a month ago, according to a survey by a reporter.

More than 3,600 tablets are now available at schools in Muang district under the Nakhon Ratchasima Primary Educational Service Area Office 1's supervision.

The schools decided to leave the tablets in their boxes because of many reasons. Their teachers have not been trained on how to use them to teach in class. The Internet connections for the tablets are not ready. A meeting of the schools and school committees and parents to forge understanding among the stakeholders has not taken place. And the schools are ready to close for semester break.

http://www.thaivisa....2/#entry5725632

perhaps as part of that repackaging, they could address the inaccuracy that the pledged 11 million children will not be receiving a tablet.... only about 1 in 10 will.

accuracyotpc.jpg

Wow, the very same Nation article that Whybother just posted and I addressed already, point by point! You really are clutching at straws now... here's my earlier response for your comment:

Did you even read that article? Here's the actual summary and not a carefully chosen quote...

Boonsiri Kannoot, head of the ICT centre at Sukanaree School, said her school received 382 tablets on September 3 and immediately let the students try using them. However, it could not teach all of them how to use them in class, as only half of the teachers had been trained. Next semester, they would fully use the tablets.

So a few teething problems in an isolated incident involving a tiny fraction of schools in a national scheme of epic proportions... damning stuff indeed! Funny it also contradicts your quote even though from the same article - claiming that the tablets have been left in their boxes when actually the students immediately tried them, insinuating that teachers hadn't been trained then admitting that actually half of them had.... The Nation really is a quality, impartial rag eh?!

I particularly like the snippet about a single tablet experiencing battery problems (despite never leaving it's box!) and then being fixed within 24 hrs; suggests the after sales support and service network is working well! That seems pretty contrary to the concerns raised by TV's own resident experts on the subject eh?!

One of the tablets could not recharge its battery, but the problem was fixed in one day by an after-sales service company, she said.

Yes, ideally by previous administrations... did it really need a tablet scheme in 2011/12 to highlight these necessary infrastructure improvements? I guess so...

Begs the question if the current administration had not implemented this scheme would any of our esteemed members be posting about this lack of infrastructure, leafing through threads from years past it seems not, it just wasn't a pressing issue before I wonder why?!

Yes of course nobody of us has ever realized before that the education system in Thailand is not producing results it should.

Only now that PT has blown billions on computers we start to realize the infrastructure is a mess too.

Thank you PT for highlighting the infrastructure problems by giving kids tablets (which the majority cannot use).

Again thank you for educating us PT wai.gif .

Edited by Nickymaster

[

That point is not moot.

Sorry B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z, what personal issues I have dragged into this discussion? You wouldn't be deliberately trying to detract from the points raised again would you?! Someone clearly needs a hug!

Please try reading a few of the posts on this thread which have already addressed the concerns you raised so eloquently, and then try to reply to the content and not your perceived personal attacks...

I don't know you, have made no comments about you personally, I simply address the content of your posts, try it, you might like it! thumbsup.gif

If you fail to see how starting a post with "Sorry B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z" could not be taken as a personal slur, it does damage your credibility somewhat.

Yes of course nobody of us has ever realized before that the education system in Thailand is not producing results it should.

Only now that PT has blown billions on computers we start to realize the infrastructure is a mess too.

Thank you PT for highlighting the infrastructure problems by giving kids tablets (which the majority cannot use).

More speculative nonsense from the highly articulate Nickymaster; displaying your own education was somewhat lacking is not a great start on a thread where you take such a negative stance. One of my major hopes for this scheme is that they become a useful tool in aiding the learning of the English language; perhaps we need to start an initiative to role a few out to TV members...

Majority can't use - total nonsense. A distinct minority of schools don't have electricity or internet access.

Let us forget the fact that schools without wifi and electricity existed before PT took power and these basic infrastructure requirements have been ignored for decades.

Let us forget that they'd exist even if the tablet scheme had never been conceived and, as you sarcastically point out, this scheme has brought the issue to the fore.

Let us forget that this scheme has highlighted the necessity of improving infrastructure and has fast tracked these improvements.

Let us forget the fact that you can use a tab without either, given they have "batteries" and can run the majority of apps without a wifi connection.

[

That point is not moot.

If you fail to see how starting a post with "Sorry B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z" could not be taken as a personal slur, it does damage your credibility somewhat.

Sorry you must have missed the countless requests by our dear member B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z, specifically requesting that his name be spelt in this manner. Too many discussions have been sidetracked by B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z insisting that members spell his name correctly so I prefer to make it crystal clear who I am referring to.

I appreciate that you have taken this as a personal slur on B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z's behalf as I'm sure he does! Anything to detract from the actual discussion eh?!

Personally I had a habit of forgetting one of the Hs and having been picked up for this numerous times I prefer to simply copy and past his own spelling from his own post. Take that as a personal attack if you will but I'd have to say you are being overly sensitive. Had I called him a (edited out, not wishing to break forum rules or actually offend someone) I might understand your concerns...coffee1.gif

Edited by Ferangled

More speculative nonsense from the highly articulate Nickymaster; displaying your own education was somewhat lacking is not a great start on a thread where you take such a negative stance. One of my major hopes for this scheme is that they become a useful tool in aiding the learning of the English language; perhaps we need to start an initiative to role a few out to TV members...

Majority can't use - total nonsense. A distinct minority of schools don't have electricity or internet access.

Let us forget the fact that schools without wifi and electricity existed before PT took power and these basic infrastructure requirements have been ignored for decades.

Let us forget that they'd exist even if the tablet scheme had never been conceived and, as you sarcastically point out, this scheme has brought the issue to the fore.

Let us forget that this scheme has highlighted the necessity of improving infrastructure and has fast tracked these improvements.

Let us forget the fact that you can use a tab without either, given they have "batteries" and can run the majority of apps without a wifi connection.

"Majority can't use - total nonsense. A distinct minority of schools don't have electricity or internet access."

It takes more than electricity and internet access alone to make the tablet worth its investment (can make proper use of it). Ever heard about curriculum, software, after sales service, technical life, economical life, educating teachers, educating parents, educating students. etc etc.?

Don't bother. Keep it simple if it works for you and your environment. The sky is prosperous red. And you seem to have enough time to write crap the whole day.

Expect a reply tomorrow. To busy today.

Edited by Nickymaster

"Majority can't use - total nonsense. A distinct minority of schools don't have electricity or internet access."

It takes more than electricity and internet access alone to make the tablet worth its investment (can make proper use of it). Ever heard about curriculum, software, after sales service, technical life, economical life, educating teachers, educating parents, educating students. etc etc.?

Don't bother. Keep it simple if it works for you and your environment. The sky is prosperous red. And you seem to have enough time to write crap the whole day.

Expect a reply tomorrow. To busy today.

Too busy Nicky, too busy.

I love the way you raise these points as negatives with absolutely no evidence to substantiate whether any of these points are actually an issue or not. It is quite obvious that I have picked up on one pertinent point in my discussions here - the minority of schools without electricity. That is the point I have discussed at length and tried to reason with the unreasonable in a bid to help you understand that these issues are not intrinsically linked to this scheme and have always been an issue in Thailand... never mind.

If you would like to actually discuss such topics as the curriculum, teacher training, economic life etc please start a reasonable discussion raising some factual information for us to discuss. I will be happy to oblige you with my considered thoughts on each subject. Please try and refrain from getting overly sensitive on the subject; I have no allegiance with any political party here, just a vested interest in the country as a whole. I understand that some of you have taken "sides" here, I have not, I remain optimistically sceptical but oppose abject cynicism and unsubstantiated speculation given as fact.

This scheme is unprecedented in its size and scope, a national role out to the education sector. I'm sure there will be some issues that need addressing and I'm sure there will be some teething problems. I'd prefer not to just write it off without any rational thought process or even a chance to see the scheme implemented, especially not purely because of political "allegiances".

• Like 1

I would have thought that since it is the current administration that is giving tablets to the kids that they would have made sure that the infrastructure was there for them to use it.

Next you'll be blaming previous administrations for not having the high speed trains when Yingluck has her lunch boxes ready to sell on them.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/578900-govt-mulls-pre-packed-lunch-boxes-for-high-speed-trains%3B-sees-new-market-for-upscale-travelers/

• Like 1

As it's school holiday I assume the government uses the opportunity to teach a few more teachers how best to use the tabletPCs in the curriculum. Second half of 2012 - 2013 schoolyear can start with marvelous progress ?

BTW I'm still at hardly 200,000 received from China. That still leaves 610,00 to be delivered. Any progress there?

Sorry B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z, what personal issues I have dragged into this discussion?

Sorry you must have missed the countless requests by our dear member B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z, specifically requesting that his name be spelt in this manner.

Further damage to his credibility with a lie. :coffee1:

It was simply stated by me to those few repetitive posters who seemingly intentionally misspelled my ID on purpose

Are you going to now join that troll crew with some other misrepresentation of what I've posted?

I would have thought that since it is the current administration that is giving tablets to the kids that they would have made sure that the infrastructure was there for them to use it.

Next you'll be blaming previous administrations for not having the high speed trains when Yingluck has her lunch boxes ready to sell on them.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/578900-govt-mulls-pre-packed-lunch-boxes-for-high-speed-trains%3B-sees-new-market-for-upscale-travelers/

Second paragraph completely irrelevant.

http://www.thaivisa....cale-travelers/

Second paragraph completely irrelevant.

I don't agree. The current administration should make sure that the infrastructure is sufficient for their new policies.

There is no point Yingluck having her lunch boxes ready to sell on the high speed trains if the high speed trains aren't there yet, just as there is no point distributing tablets to kids if the infrastructure is not there for them to use them properly.

Sorry B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z, what personal issues I have dragged into this discussion?

Sorry you must have missed the countless requests by our dear member B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z, specifically requesting that his name be spelt in this manner.

Further damage to his credibility with a lie. coffee1.gif

It was simply stated by me to those few repetitive posters who seemingly intentionally misspelled my ID on purpose

Are you going to now join that troll crew with some other misrepresentation of what I've posted?

Oh dear, I thought we were past the petty snipes. No lie, you specifically told me to call you B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z in the future (I missed an H) as you have done on occasions to others.

Any chance you could get over your incorrectly perceived slurs and actually address any of the points I've raised? coffee1.gif

Yes much better they continue where previous Governments left off, hand out PCs only to favoured schools that run corrupt enrolment policies for the privileged while completely ignoring the rural areas without electricity...coffee1.gif

Of course if any previous administration had cared one iota about raising the standards of education in the more remote areas, we wouldn't still have schools without wifi/ electricity; dam_n PTT for bringing education to the forefront!!!

Yes much better they continue where previous Governments left off, hand out PCs only to favoured schools that run corrupt enrolment policies for the privileged while completely ignoring the rural areas without electricity...coffee1.gif

Of course if any previous administration had cared one iota about raising the standards of education in the more remote areas, we wouldn't still have schools without wifi/ electricity; dam_n PTT for bringing education to the forefront!!!

PTP aren't bringing education to the forefront. They've partly implemented an ill-thought out policy that doesn't even have the infrastructure to fully support it.

The previous government subsidised schooling so that the kids could actually afford to get there to get an education. The PTP scrapped that subsidy to help pay for their tablets - which basically means, 11 million students aren't getting the subsidy so 800,000 students (well, 200,000 at the moment) can play with tablets.

Yes. Previous administrationS could have done more for education.

Yes. Introducing school kids to computers is a good idea.

But I don't believe that giving tablets to grade one's is the right way to go, and not making sure that the infrastructure (wifi, electricity, teacher training) is there to support it makes it an even less way to go.

• Like 1

Hahaha. You seem to miss the point that previous administrations were Thai rak thai. Rak thai thai. Or what ever name they reinvented to stay in power.. eg the same lot in power now. What did they do for education. Enlighten us :rolleyes:

sent from my ..................#

Hahaha. You seem to miss the point that previous administrations were Thai rak thai. Rak thai thai. Or what ever name they reinvented to stay in power.. eg the same lot in power now. What did they do for education. Enlighten us rolleyes.gif

sent from my ..................#

Particularly an ex-PM that was also education minister.