Thai People My Nice Experience

Jules65

I would agree with the OP 100%. When I came here on a visit, many years ago, an incident on the street in Sukhumvit that showed the kindness and generosity that is inherent in Thai people was an important factor in my ultimate decision to become an expat resident.

I lived in Hawaii for many years. When I first went there the local people were extremely friendly and helpful. If you stepped of the curb to cross the street, cars stopped for you! If you were driving and signaled a left turn, oncoming traffic stopped! You could leave keys in an unlocked car and come back to find it still there and undisturbed. In the years since, that has all changed; no more!

Thailand is not Hawaii but I see a lot of similarities to the Hawaii I knew when I was a young man. Unfortunately, I think that is changing but this is still a great place to meet and get to know friendly and fun loving people!

The hardest thing about living here is trying to block out all the negativity from jaded types.

Stay positive, this is about life in another country different from where we were born.

It ain't disneyland. Stop being so dissapointed.

I have never had problems seeing kindness wherever I lived. But also, never been approached by con artists some many times like in Thailand. Obviously, Thailand is not any better than any average country, there are positive and negative aspects of the life here. Let's be honest, it all depends on the money. The more you have the happier you are, and your money here is worth more than money in the western countries. Humans tend to overrate or underrate certain things. We should learn to look beyond the superficial looks.

I have never had problems seeing kindness wherever I lived. But also, never been approached by con artists some many times like in Thailand. Obviously, Thailand is not any better than any average country, there are positive and negative aspects of the life here. Let's be honest, it all depends on the money. The more you have the happier you are, and your money here is worth more than money in the western countries. Humans tend to overrate or underrate certain things. We should learn to look beyond the superficial looks.

If you want to learn to look beyond the superficial, I would suggest not believing that happiness depends only on the amount of money you have.

If you want to learn to look beyond the superficial, I would suggest not believing that happiness depends only on the amount of money you have.

You are knocking the wrong door. We alI know how much the money can change our lives. You betray yourself if you believe the money doesn't take a significant part of our happiness. How many of us would be in Thailand if we all were poor in our home countries???

Anyway, I know that not only the money but many other things must be taken into account. With no doubt, money is the number one.

Anyway, I know that not only the money but many other things must be taken into account. With no doubt, money is the number one.

Don't want to be pedantic, but a well functioning body is more important IMHO

I agree. As KNJ pointed out, money does not necessarily bring happiness - whereas a lack of money can certainly bring unhappiness.

I agree. As KNJ pointed out, money does not necessarily bring happiness - whereas a lack of money can certainly bring unhappiness.

I have to agree, the lack of money does effect the happiness more than the possessing of a large amount of funds. Lack of money brings a miserable life and seriously effects the day to day affairs.

We went off with this anyway.

By the way, the topic was meant to praise the kindness of the society. wink.png

OK, I tried to resist but I can't. I have only lived here for about 18 months and have spent another 2 years off and on over the previous 6 years. I look for the best in people, but the longer I stay here the more disappointed I get.

Thai's that I know.

1 kicked out her 16 year old daughter, because her husband of 6-7 years had had enough of her. No she was not a bad kid. This person also decided to dump her dog in a park and drive off because hubby had had enough again.

Another has not spoken to her 14 year old daughter for 4 months because she has gone to live with her dad.

Another has never seen his daughter. He is not a Thai dosser either.

Another would tell me all the things he could do to help me. Resulting in him just wanted free dinner and wine.

Wife's friends seem to want us to think they have lots of money and will say how much they have. Then within a month or 2 they want to borrow 10k.

Honda dealership tried not to pay back deposit like a thief. We got in back.

Ford dealership lie and make any excuse to not do work.

Insurance man tells us our policy will go up 100% as the company only raises prices once every 30 years and we are just unlucky to get it so early. Liar.

Watch a young woman trying to push her car as it had broken down. All other drivers just driving around her. I helped.

The list goes on and on.

There is only 1 other Thai I have met other than my wife that I think is a decent person. I WANT to have my mind changed, but me experience of them is certainly not that good. Yes, I know that all countries have their fair share of shitbags, but this is my home know and I want to meet some more nice people.

Unfortunately as a generalisation my experience tells me that Thais are pathological liars. Even when the lie insults your intelligence they have a shit eating grin on their face.

You must live next to that lady who started that muslim bashing thread

To which post are you referring? Mine?

No, just didn't want to quote a thousand words of depression above your post. Thought this thread was going to highlight the positives of this country, but yet again the dooms dayers have stepped in.

mjj; there are good and bad people everywhere and I could write a much longer list than yours moaning about the people where I came from. Get positive, look for the good and not just for the bad, don't be so blinkered, look at the big picture and you will find some nice surprises.

mjj; there are good and bad people everywhere and I could write a much longer list than yours moaning about the people where I came from. Get positive, look for the good and not just for the bad, don't be so blinkered, look at the big picture and you will find some nice surprises.

I'm looking and I really hope you are right.

Very well thought out observations.

Having said that I will be very, very surprised if this topic will go beyond the first page without the negative hordes of TV bursting on the scene.

Well done OP clap2.gif

Yermanee wai.gif

So, I'm NOT surprised at all.

Yermaneewai.gif