Were To Change Nr.Plate Phuket To Pattaya On My Bike?

crille30

sure that sounds like a god idee hehe ,Weel you dont happen to know were there is such agent? Didnt know there was?

on Sukhumvit northbound, Just after soi 34 there is a shop that does testing, takes care of insurance, taxes and transfers

Here is a link to the location.

they have a yellow gear cog on the sign,

Yes, that's the one i use, never had any problems, but any of the places with the yellow and blue sign with the gear cog can do it.

And for the OP it will be Chonburi plates - not Pattaya plates.

I'm in the process of changing plates on a bike I bought from a friend. The plates are Hua Hin. I'm after Chonburi plates. My motorcycle dealer is handling the process for me..

Change name in green book: 45 days

New number plates: changed name last week in May. New number plates will arrive mid-September.

Total price: 1900 baht.

wow 1900 thats expensive.I have the greenbook in my name so I guess ther is no legal reason to change the plates I dont have to?

Well thanks any way guys,maybe better to change or else there is one more reason for BIB to stop me and mak up some fine.

wow 1900 thats expensive..

No, it's not a bargain, but ok. Most "agencies" will charge more.

You can't do it yourself for 1900 Bt.

Change name in green book: 45 days

The whole process can be done *normally* in 7-10 days. (Chonburi)

At the moment, there are no plates available, but the transfer of ownership/book to Chonburi plates, is no problem.

You just have to pick up your plates ~three months later wacko.png.

Edited by vel_tins

wow 1900 thats expensive.I have the greenbook in my name so I guess ther is no legal reason to change the plates I dont have to?

Well thanks any way guys,maybe better to change or else there is one more reason for BIB to stop me and mak up some fine.

As you say, there's not compelling reason to change the plates - except if you want to sell it.

I have been using a bike in my friends name with Hua Hin plates for 3 years - no problem. To have the bike transferred into my name I had to change the plates - that's why I'm doing it. You can add 200 baht because you'll need a residence certificate from Chonburi Immigration in Jomtien.