England Vs South Africa

I'm shocked no one else started this one but with England 267/3 (3/267 for our cork hat wearing cousins), Morne Morkel bowling like Mitchell Johnson,- only with less control - and Dale Steyn bowling like my Aunt Gladys in the Beeston over 60's league, I'm going for a 3-0 for England as long as the rain holds off.

In addition to that, if Alistair Cook isn't the best batsman in the world right now, I'd like to see who is.

My cousin put it rather succinctly;

"Three ten bob wobblers and a club spinner" and I have to agree with him....

Edited by HeavyDrinker

Changed a bit on the second day! England all out for 385.

Boycott on TMS "If you're honest, should England have got more than 385, especially after the first day they had. It's a flat pitch, it's dry - 385 was ordinary. The batsmen have to put their hands up and say 'we didn't do well enough'."

And the third. As I type, an hour and a quarter after lunch, SA are 242 for 1 and England don't seem to have a clue how to deal with Smith (126) and Amla (116)!

South Africa's lower order aren't as good as England's. But before getting to them we've got to get rid of these two and then Kallis and de Villiers!

South Africa end the day on 403 for 2, 18 ahead. Amla on 183 and Kallis 82.

Smith got 131 before being bowled by Bresnan via bat, pad and boot!

Boycott again; "It was a funny old day. We expected England to go strong and hard at South Africa, but the pitch didn't allow them anything. There was about an hour when Smith struggled against Swann, but both he and Amla waited patiently, knowing that was a crucial period, and they saw him off. From then on, it was like a benefit match. Like Test batsmen against club bowlers."

South Africa probably to bat most of tomorrow before declaring and leaving England to work hard for a draw or suffer an innings defeat.

Amla and Smith put tourists in command

Not quite one hour after lunch; they did have to delay tea!

England lost it on Friday morning; their batting was just not good enough.

After tea yesterday was just as poor. Wait all day for a South African to get out and then 3 do in quick succession. Problem being those three were Strauss, Trott and Pietersen!

The rest of England, with the exception of Bell and Prior, were just as poor. But even Prior had a rush of blood; what the hell was he doing attempting to sweep Tahir when the idea was to block and save the game?

Dale Steyn sends England to innings defeat

Kudos to Amla on a magnificent knock and a new South African record. One nice touch was Trott going up to him after all the hoopla on his reaching 300 had died down and quietly offering a personal word and shaking his hand.

TMS made Amla's 300 their champagne moment; but as Amla is a devout Muslim they gave the booze to Smith for his 100 in his 100th test and to wet his imminent baby's head with