Should I Confront The Father Inlaw?

WebBangkok

Out with "Clients" until two in the morning and coming home pissed.

If it were my son in law doing this with my daughter he'd have more than a few words from me to answer.

Don't get me wrong, I go out with clients quite often - but I'm always back before midnight and always sober.

As someone else has said, your FIL is looking after his daughter - he as an inalienable right to do so.

One should not get drunk with clients. It happens, and I've come close with one bigwig who gets offended when I dont drink the wine he keeps buying. He also likes the women, and is fond of raunchy humour. I just don't go there. I'm such a stick in the mud, he's been a client for over 10 years.

Each client is different. One of my former colleagues liked his booze and his strip clubs with a client. That colleague, never ever cheated on his wife though and was both honest and diligent. He had a client where it was expected. I would tell him he was wrong and he would tell me I was an arse. He's still a good friend.

One suggestion I have is to consider bringing the wife along one night to show her what goes on. If you can't take a wife along to show her, then maybe, just maybe the behaviour crosses the line. Just my opinion and I'm not judging because I know that some commercial sectors and certain clients have to be handled diferently.

Well, I did confront him this morning.

The reaction from him was better than I thought, he said "yeah, he was just worried and he worries about a lot of things." He even said sorry, and said when you get older and a little crazier that is just how it is, don't think about it too much, he just voicing his opinion.

I did explain to him some clients love to drink and I just stick around sometimes, its not a usualy thing. Most of the time I meet them for only an hour or two, but if it's a big money client, I stay with them until they want to go home.

Anyways we both are happy with it, I couldnt of get a better result I think.

• Like 1

One should not get drunk with clients. It happens, and I've come close with one bigwig who gets offended when I dont drink the wine he keeps buying. He also likes the women, and is fond of raunchy humour. I just don't go there. I'm such a stick in the mud, he's been a client for over 10 years.

Each client is different. One of my former colleagues liked his booze and his strip clubs with a client. That colleague, never ever cheated on his wife though and was both honest and diligent. He had a client where it was expected. I would tell him he was wrong and he would tell me I was an arse. He's still a good friend.

One suggestion I have is to consider bringing the wife along one night to show her what goes on. If you can't take a wife along to show her, then maybe, just maybe the behaviour crosses the line. Just my opinion and I'm not judging because I know that some commercial sectors and certain clients have to be handled diferently.

Yeah, sometimes they wife does come. She knows what is going on and trusts me 100%. She rather it just be me as she doesnt drink and she is fine with me coming home drunk. Not that I do everytme anyway

Yeah I have had one client at the huntsman drinking shots and 1 hour later he went to the toilet and didnt return, when I went into the toilet, the guy was passed out in the cubicle with his legs sticking out the bottom. Some people here really cant handle there piss at times.

But generally if its a big client, I will drink with him until he has had enough.