Immigration Police And Uk Consulate Soi 5 Jomtien No Parking

awayfoe

Looking on the positive side, the Soi 5 revamp should get rid of the Mekong tributary that forms on Second Road by Rompho Market every time it rains heavily. I was told that the new drains they are laying in Soi 5 will fix the problem, though why they had to wait two years after completing Second Road to lay them I don't know.

I had a chat with the immigration staff when I was there and they were very happy this work was being done. Hope it does help with the flooding problem.

Fair enough for people living in Pattaya/Jomtien, ...

To LuckyLuke and Craigt3365: Yes, sorry,

I forget that as I just use to see this office as a local office for local people

but right that it covers in fact a very large area of Chonburi province: car required.

Wonder if they will be finished in time for my 90 day in October

My mate has a business down that soi ,He has been told it will take 6 months if he's lucky !

If the notorious Pratumnak Hill roadworks are any benchmark, I reckon it will end some time in 2014... or 2015.

There you go again NL, reminiscing on long gone Pattaya days through your rose tinted glasses.wink.png

The Pratumnac Hill/ Thappraya road works nightmare was well in swing when I first moved to Pattaya in 2005, and by all accounts it had started several years before that.

So by the most conservative estimates it took at 10 years to complete from start to finish, and I still note that they have yet to finish off the junction between second road and Chaiypruk 2.

Numerous companies responsible for the construction all went bust in mid-project - presumably after the owners had absconded with public money - and I hate to think how many dozens of businesses went broke due to the impossible road conditions for years on end.

I recall on one occasion, a few years back, when residents and business owners were so upset that they held a rally outside city hall. This led to the Mayor ordering that the road was at least made temporarily passable for traffic, as at that time, nothing save tractors and JCB's could safely navigate the junction with Theprasit Road.

I often wondered if the incredible delays in completing the project were predicated by the company who held the contract to water the unmade roads every day; as come hell or high water, you could always guarantee that a water truck would make the slow journey from the top of Pratumnac hill to Jomtien, spraying the dirt and rocks and succeeding making the area a field of mud, creating a boon for local car wash companies and hotel laundries.

I wonder how much money he made out of that 10 year + contract and how much was kicked back to city officials. He must be sad it's all over now, but I'm sure he's not hurting too much in his publicly financed mansion.

Lets hope he isn't looking for a new contract in Soi 5....