Turks Arrested For Credit-Card Forgery

Lite Beer

Turks arrested for credit-card forgery

The Nation on Sunday

30186709-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Turkish gang has been arrested for forging credit cards, inflicting a total loss of about Bt100 million.

Police told a press conference yesterday that they had arrested the three Turkish men in Bangkok and seized 58 credit cards and 333 other cards that were used to make forged credit cards, Bt527,000 cash, data saving machine and electronic card printing machine.

Police said the head of the gang in France had hacked into credit-card customers' data and e-mailed them the victims' data to save in the forged credit card.

Most of the victims were in Britain, Germany, Denmark, Norway, India and Thailand.

After midnight, they went around in the Phra Khanong and Ram-Indra areas of Bangkok to take money out of ATMs.

They withdrew Bt500,000 per night and then transferred the money to their head.

They had done it for a year and the loss for victims is about Bt100 million, according to police.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-22

3 Turkish nationals arrested using fake credit cards at Thai ATMs

image_20120721183311A9500AB1-DA89-056B-771CF8238CFEF373.jpg

BANGKOK, Three Turkish nationals were arrested for using counterfeit credit cards at ATMs in Bangkok, causing damages of over Bt100 million, according to the Immigration Bureau.

Immigration Bureau Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Wiboon Bangthamai, said at a press conference that the trio, identified as Mr Sayman Ozgur Kazim, Mr Vidin Erdinc and Mr Yilmaz Sdrkan, were arrested with 58 electronic cards, Bt527,000 in cash, 333 white plastic cards with magnetic stripes for making fake credit cards, skimmer devices and computers.

Gen Wiboon said that authorities have received information that a group of foreigners has faked credit cards and were randomly withdrawn cash from ATMs. According to the investigation, authorities traced the group and found that they had rented a house in the Sathorn area.

The authorities asked the court to issue a search warrant to raid the house and arrest them, he said.

Gen Wiboon said that most of the victims were French nationals. The gang would travel after midnight to ATMs and had been committing these crimes for more than one year, causing damages of more than Bt100 million.

The trio were charged with manufacturing and using counterfeit credit cards and illegally using other persons' data for credit cards.

Their visas were revoked and they were also placed on the persona non grata list.

Meanwhile, Provincial Police Region 2 commissioner Pol Maj Gen Panya Mamen said at press conference that two Lithuanian nationals were arrested for using fake credit cards to withdraw money from ATMs in Pattaya, Chon Buri, and Sattahip.

The duo were identified as Mr Marius Giedriunas, 22, and Mr. Dangis Valkauskas, 20. Police also found 30 credit cards; two black baseball caps and a plastic mask; and US currency totaling US$460.

The police had received complaints from Siam Commercial Bank that there were foreigners wearing masks like in the movies, withdrawing money from ATMs by using fake credit cards.

The police could arrest them while they were leaving Pattaya on a bus heading to Suvaranabhumi airport to return to their country.

Both of them told police that they bought the fake credit cards from an agent in England via internet website. Most of the information in the credit cards belonged moslty to victims in France.

After they received the credit cards, they traveled to Thailand and withdrew cash from ATMs in Sattahip some145 times while also withdrawing cash from ATMs in Pattaya and Chon Buri hundred times, taking in money around Bt300,000.

They used masks and caps to conceal their identity. Most of the money was transferred to their accomplices in Lithuania and they would received a 40 percent cut of the money. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-07-22

Yes, also interested what sentence they ´ll get. Usually in these criminal cases forgeigners involved you never hear anything again.

I dont think they will do any or long time in Bankwang prisons or something like that. Thai Prisons are too overcrowed for that.

I think thailand wants to get rid of these scum asap , their passport on blacklist and deported sooner or later.

But i can not believe they do 5-20 years in a thai jail for that crime ,even its a bad one.

Two days in a row with credit card fraud gangs, yesterday from Europe, today from Turkey, haven't there also been people from Iran and other places found operating in Thailand, if a few have been caught, how many more are still plying thier trade at other's expense.

I wonder if the Thai Government created a new policy regarding foreigners and advertised:

"Foreigners coming into our jails and prisons are subject to paying 500 Bhat per night for the accomodations, while waiting and after sentencing. Can you afford our prisons?"

Would it cut down on the number?

We often here about criminal gangs from certain countries on ThaiVisa and now I see the Turks are into some advanced fraud and I was wondering if there are many Turkish criminals here? - I ask this 1) because I find it unusual to here of Turkish non delights here 2) They were so close to flying away to never be caught and we would not have heard about it and the banks or credit card companies would be left dumbfounded.