Machining Shop In Bkk?

The Dancer

For an application I need to rig a screw clamp with a lock so that the clamp can be operated only with a key. I have a fair idea how to do this and can sketch it out (don't know how to do a professional engineering drawing though but the device is simple enough). Now, I need a shop to make it for me. They would obviously have basic machining and welding capabilities.

I would appreciate any pointers in Bkk, especially where I might be able to communicate in English, my Thai being not so great. Thanks in advance.

Good luck. I was looking/am looking to have a brass carabiner made...it has a swivel base and a spring-loaded clasp. I asked around Chinatown but no luck. I also contacted a few machine shops in Chiang Mai but so far nobody can do it... I keep hearing the word "China". Would love to know if you find a place.

Peter

I have used a small a machine shop in Sanphawut Road, Bangna. About 400 m in from Sukhumvit on the left, 100 m or so before Country Tower, look for the hardware shop and he is a door or so past that. English not spoken but very helpful guy.

Good luck. I was looking/am looking to have a brass carabiner made...it has a swivel base and a spring-loaded clasp. I asked around Chinatown but no luck. I also contacted a few machine shops in Chiang Mai but so far nobody can do it... I keep hearing the word "China". Would love to know if you find a place.

Peter

There are many places that are able to do what you're wanting, but I'm assuming the asking price would be too high for your pocket for just a one-off job.

On a slight tangent, there are surprisingly,not many machining jobs that cannot be done in Thailand, it just depends, as always, on what you're willing to pay.

I have used a small a machine shop in Sanphawut Road, Bangna. About 400 m in from Sukhumvit on the left, 100 m or so before Country Tower, look for the hardware shop and he is a door or so past that. English not spoken but very helpful guy.

Thanks, RupertIII. I'll poke my head in there then.

Peter

There are many places that are able to do what you're wanting, but I'm assuming the asking price would be too high for your pocket for just a one-off job.

On a slight tangent, there are surprisingly,not many machining jobs that cannot be done in Thailand, it just depends, as always, on what you're willing to pay.

I'm actually not looking for a one-off. I would love to do only 100 but that doesn't seem possible either, cost-wise. Seems like 300 is the bare minimum that any one will consider talking about. If you have a suggestion as to where to go, I would be thrilled to have the info (Bkk or CM). I also have a belt-buckle I'm looking to make which doesn't have any moving parts and I would think easier to produce. I will post a pic....

Thank you, Peter

post-44237-0-39202300-1343038444_thumb.j