Fireworks Almost Every Week Near Chao Phraya

xty

Though most of them are blocked by Sathorn road's buildings, almost every one or two week I see fireworks. I suspect the location somewhere near Chao Phraya - Wat Arun/Grand Palace. Sometimes they light around 19:00-20:00, but today at 21:45.

So what's up in Bangkok? I'm desperately want to know the schedule, occassions/festivals, who, exact location, or anything about this. So later I can see from close distance and take some nice photographs.

Hi -

I live at Satorn near the river and yes there is fireworks just about everynight. The hotels do them! Monday is the Shangrila...Tuesday is the Sheraton Royal Orchid...Wednesday the Peninsula...Thursday the Oriental. Some hotels further down such as the Montien Riverside and down by Pinklao also do it. Generally this is the schedule but it does change. The fireworks are for incentive groups or meetings and weddings that are held at the hotel. During the official holidays they also have them. After living 4 years overlooking the river I never tire of standing on my balcony and watching them!

I would imagine being on the Saphan Taksin bridge (Satorn Bridge) you would get some good photos!

Though most of them are blocked by Sathorn road's buildings, almost every one or two week I see fireworks. …

So what's up in Bangkok? …

The entire year has been designated to celebrate the 60th anniversary of King Bhumipol’s ascension to the throne. Could it have something to do with that?

------------

Maestro