Crackdown On Happy -- Only Unhappy Hours From Now On

WinnieTheKhwai

Does this mean the nightmare on Thanon Chiang Moi is over?

Or does it mean that a reasonable attempt is made by someone to be seen to divest. Either way I'm not sure it matters, as the demand clearly remains. The CM Half Moon party in Hang Dong also was a huge success; I hope that continues. Perhaps police over there is more receptive to people's needs. (Was held at the 'Des Gourmet' restaurant, that so far hasn't seemed overly successful as a restaurant, but it looks like it kicks ass as a party venue!)

Clearly there is demand for an illegal after hours bar where hookers who couldn't attract a semi-sober customer can make an attempt at severely drunk customers. Does anyone want to volunteer their neighborhood for this kind of business?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or does it mean that a reasonable attempt is made by someone to be seen to divest. Either way I'm not sure it matters, as the demand clearly remains. The CM Half Moon party in Hang Dong also was a huge success; I hope that continues. Perhaps police over there is more receptive to people's needs. (Was held at the 'Des Gourmet' restaurant, that so far hasn't seemed overly successful as a restaurant, but it looks like it kicks ass as a party venue!)

Clearly there is demand for an illegal after hours bar where hookers who couldn't attract a semi-sober customer can make an attempt at severely drunk customers.

Ah.. Thaivisa logic. Yes, everyone who doesn't want to be chased off home while on holiday must be a whoremonger.

Clearly there is demand for an illegal after hours bar where hookers who couldn't attract a semi-sober customer can make an attempt at severely drunk customers. Does anyone want to volunteer their neighborhood for this kind of business?

Apparently, the neighborhood has already been established. It's Loy Khro. Are the police that are enforcing this regulation a division of the "music police?"

Clearly there is demand for an illegal after hours bar where hookers who couldn't attract a semi-sober customer can make an attempt at severely drunk customers.

Ah.. Thaivisa logic. Yes, everyone who doesn't want to be chased off home while on holiday must be a whoremonger.

You don't have to look hard to find places to drink after hours. Spice is well known as the place to drink after hours with hookers. So yes, the customers at Spice do get a certain reputation.

However you didn't answer my question: Do you want to volunteer your neighborhood as the location for the next version of Spice? Do you know anyone who does?

However you didn't answer my question: Do you want to volunteer your neighborhood as the location for the next version of Spice? Do you know anyone who does?

Not sure.. I guess with downtown city living come some good things and some bad things. I understand the noise level isn't all that bad. And my wife does have a house very near to what would be an excellent venue for an after hours pub.. (Place is still there and in operation, but not nearly as popular as it used to be when it was one of the main night spots in town over a decade ago). So would I be happy or upset if a popular club was re-established there; I admit it IS a good question, I'm leaning towards being very okay with it.

Think about it.. a pad that's a 50 meter walk down from "Spicy.." I think plenty people would like that. Or if not we could start a shorttime hotel.. smile.png Either way I'm thinking 'opportunity' more than 'trouble'. wink.png

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Not sure.. I guess with downtown city living come some good things and some bad things. I understand the noise level isn't all that bad. And my wife does have a house very near to what would be an excellent venue for an after hours pub.. (Place is still there and in operation, but not nearly as popular as it used to be when it was one of the main night spots in town over a decade ago). So would I be happy or upset if a popular club was re-established there; I admit it IS a good question, I'm leaning towards being very okay with it.

Think about it.. a pad that's a 50 meter walk down from "Spicy.." I think plenty people would like that. Or if not we could start a shorttime hotel.. smile.png Either way I'm thinking 'opportunity' more than 'trouble'. wink.png

Well you may have a business opportunity here. You might want to run it by your neighbors. Or maybe not, if you don't like them.