Crackdown On Happy -- Only Unhappy Hours From Now On

WinnieTheKhwai

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The phrase happy hour did originate from sales of alcohol during that witching hour of late afternnoon/early evening;when it is usually quiet; but it is now used extensively in other businesses for the same reason.

spas/massage have happy hours which are usually 3hrs long

hotels can have similar offering buy 1 night get one night free over a weekend

spectacle shops again buy 1 get 1

cosmetic shops "happy days" first monday each month everything half price.

botox buy 5 needles get 10 for your mother.

the words happy hour is now dressed up in several forms all designed to increase sales in the quiet times.

The phrase happy hour did originate from sales of alcohol during that witching hour of late afternnoon/early evening;when it is usually quiet; but it is now used extensively in other businesses for the same reason.

spas/massage have happy hours which are usually 3hrs long

hotels can have similar offering buy 1 night get one night free over a weekend

spectacle shops again buy 1 get 1

cosmetic shops "happy days" first monday each month everything half price.

botox buy 5 needles get 10 for your mother.

the words happy hour is now dressed up in several forms all designed to increase sales in the quiet times.

Yesit would be nice if they were specific on what they mean. I know that the river market had a happy hour but it also included sushi. Is the law to include happy hour on food also?

Not being a drinking man if I had walked into a bar and ordered a Pepsi Max during the happy hour would it have been the same reduced price. Or as I did many times back in Canada I would order a lemon lime was that included in the law. Or when I go into a restaurant that has bottom less drinks such as Sizzler are they included?

Can just see that now uniformed police in Sizzler making sure you pay a separate charge on each glass of pop.

BOGOF HOUR is much better anyway and also goes with the normal unhappy service one gets in these bars anyway!

Alternatively go with unhappy hour that should keep everybody unhappy for a an hour tongue.png

Happy hour has been outlawed in many parts of the US for decades now.

I bet thats right, and a good reason not to live there also. Not so much the happy hour ban, its the micro management of the citizens personal life's in general as nanny states practice.

Edited by rotary
  • Like 1

Makes sense, who has the right to be happy in the US? biggrin.png

Ha ha Truer words were never typed! LOL

The government (such as in Europe and in North America) should focus more on encouraging people not to drive after drinking - having a designated driver. This campaign (along with stiff penalities, and lost of driving rights) has worked in the USA. But trying to get the police in LOS to enforce anything is a challenge (with bribes), so I guess it is easier to punish everyone with NO happy hours.

If bar owners reduced the prices generally they wouldn't need a happy hour and the bar would have plenty of customers all the time not just at happy hours. Increased turnover increased profits based on volume.

• Like 1

That is news to me. Please provide a source for that. I am still in US and have never seen a city that has made happy hour laws but there are a few, very few, with no drinking on Sundays.

• Like 1

Thai police can not read !

It took them 15-20 years to find out that "fuc_k You Bar" etc, was bad language, there was quite some more bars in Pattya that had to change name i remember !!

But you can get around with everything, as Jhonny Walker do with all their "Red & Black" signs !

• Like 2

So you heard this from a man in a bar?

Are you asking Aardvark in response to his post, or me in response to the OP? The Crackdown on Happiness was mention in Chiang Mai Citylife and was also mentioned by someone at Olde Bell who attended the meeting.