Requirements For Condo General Meeting

Eneukman

First, apologies if this has been asked elsewhere recently.

I live in a condo with in excess of 800 rooms. The 25% requirement for the first meeting has been achieved once (just) since I became an owner.

Thai law requires a minimum of 7 days notice to be given to owners. My questions are -

1. Does this mean that the invitation letter to the meeting must be posted (presumably registered mail) no later than 7 days prior to the meeting or does it mean that the notices should be delivered to owners' rooms within 7 days of the meeting?

2. In the condo where I live, larger items of mail are retained at the office and a note asking owners to collect them are delivered to th appropriate rooms with owners being required to sign to acknowledge that they have received the item. Would it therefore be acceptable for a notice to be delivered to the rooms asking owners to collect the invitation letter? This would save a large sun of money in postage each year.

3. As a 2nd meeting is invariably required, would it be legal to provide owners with a letter inviting them to the 2nd meeting, should one be required, in the same envelope as the invitation to the first meeting? Where I live, the invitation to the 2nd meeting is only sent out after the first meeting was cancelled due to the lack of a quorum. If this is legal, is there any reason why the 2nd meeting could not be held the day after the proposed date for the first meeting?

4. The current committee where I live amended the date on which the financial year ends with, apparently, the agreement of the Land Office. The purpose behind this was to bring forward the date of the AGM to the high season in the hope that it would make it easier to get q quorum at the first meeting. This was logical but unfortunately, a second meeting was still required this year. The committee have also stated that they will be cutting short their term in office by 2 or 3 months again with the apparent agreement of the Land Office. It has since been suggested to me that a committee's term cannot be amended in any way which seems to suggest that the committee elected at the AGM next year may not be registered by the Land Office thus allowing the existing committee to stay in office for a further 9 month period. My question here is, therefore, can the existing committee reduce their term in office and are there likely to be any problems with registering the new committee at the appropriate time?

5. Two members of the current committee will have completed 2 elected terms by the next AGM and therefore cannot seek election again at that time. At a previous AGM, owners agreed to reduce the maximum size of the committee to 7. At present, there are only 5 committee members and a fellow owner here has expressed concern that these individuals could get elected by default should fewer than 7 owners stand for election next year. I think he's wrong but confirmation of that would be appreciated. In any event, I am hopeful that there will be more than 7 candidates at the next AGM.

Thanks,

Alan