What'S Wrong With Thai Youth Today?

hands22

Just looked it up .. murders in the Netherlands have declined the last 20 years. Believe me the don't cover something like murder up in the Netherlands. Still most people think there has been more violence.

Maybe murders have declined because the medical profession is getting better in patching up people meaning violence has less chance of getting you killed.

Maybe, but then maybe not. I really believe the world is not that much worse as before. Just that we get much more information from news sources and that colours our perception. Most of the things posted here could not have even been looked up or seen b4.

Just looked it up .. murders in the Netherlands have declined the last 20 years. Believe me the don't cover something like murder up in the Netherlands. Still most people think there has been more violence.

Maybe murders have declined because the medical profession is getting better in patching up people meaning violence has less chance of getting you killed.

... or maybe today's youth are so evil and callous that they prefer to leave their victims mamed and disabled for life, rather than dead.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Edited by brit1984

Maybe, but then maybe not. I really believe the world is not that much worse as before. Just that we get much more information from news sources and that colours our perception. Most of the things posted here could not have even been looked up or seen b4.

Guess you're right.

On the whole there's probably not much difference although I do get the impression sometimes that people are quicker to snap and turn violent.

@MEOM

Sure i see things too.. like giddyup who said something about teachers and not speaking up to them or against police officers. But then again are these guys always right. Maybe in the old days more then now so. Priests for instance before you could not do anything against them and they took advantage of it (we all know how). I think its ok to be a bit more vocal and stand up for yourself. Police or teachers aren't always right and they do try to bully you. I had a teacher who at one point grabbed me pulled me over a few tables just for speaking to my neighbor.

I do believe however that you should follow orders from police in general and don't mess with them but i don't believe they are saints (certainly not here) Same with teachers some respect but they have to earn it too

Same with old people everyone can get old and it does not always mean they get wiser. Respect is something you earn not get by virtue of age. (here in Thailand elders can say complete <deleted> and the young still believe it)

@MEOM

Sure i see things too.. like giddyup who said something about teachers and not speaking up to them or against police officers. But then again are these guys always right. Maybe in the old days more then now so. Priests for instance before you could not do anything against them and they took advantage of it (we all know how). I think its ok to be a bit more vocal and stand up for yourself. Police or teachers aren't always right and they do try to bully you. I had a teacher who at one point grabbed me pulled me over a few tables just for speaking to my neighbor.

I do believe however that you should follow orders from police in general and don't mess with them but i don't believe they are saints (certainly not here) Same with teachers some respect but they have to earn it too

Same with old people everyone can get old and it does not always mean they get wiser. Respect is something you earn not get by virtue of age. (here in Thailand elders can say complete <deleted> and the young still believe it)

I didn't think you'd miss an opportunity to put the boots into the "oldies" again. Just added you to my "ignore" list.

@MEOM

I didn't think you'd miss an opportunity to put the boots into the "oldies" again. Just added you to my "ignore" list.

Could someone point out where i booted the oldies.. just when i say respect has to be earned. I think that was the whole setting of the post i did not single oldies out at all.

I am not sure what stunned me more after watching this video - that it actually happened or that nobody did anything to defuse the situation. Sorayud (Channel 3 morning TV host) treated the incident in a very wishy-washy manner - no real condemnation of the event and seemed to later on justify the action of the kid who smacked the woman. According to Sorayud - policemen said that the women was trying to bilk the kid with some "ransom" money. Can't really say for sure what happend. One thing for sure is that it was an unspeakable thing to happen. You can hear the farang taking the phone video - saying "Oh .. F....k! The man sitting beside the woman walks away. I wonder how he would feel if that woman was his daughter? Or perhaps that is how they treat people. These people are not human.

I admit im a coward, i tend to stay out of other peoples business unless its really clear something has to be done. I don't want to get caught up into trouble. It would really depend on how i would react. I think its also part shock. I wonder how many people would really have stepped in.

I am not sure what stunned me more after watching this video - that it actually happened or that nobody did anything to defuse the situation. Sorayud (Channel 3 morning TV host) treated the incident in a very wishy-washy manner - no real condemnation of the event and seemed to later on justify the action of the kid who smacked the woman. According to Sorayud - policemen said that the women was trying to bilk the kid with some "ransom" money. Can't really say for sure what happend. One thing for sure is that it was an unspeakable thing to happen. You can hear the farang taking the phone video - saying "Oh .. F....k! The man sitting beside the woman walks away. I wonder how he would feel if that woman was his daughter? Or perhaps that is how they treat people. These people are not human.

As I said earlier. The woman had stolen the kid's watch, but said she hadn't. She eventually gave it back apparently, but still doesn't justify his actions. That was according to Channel 3 this morning.

As I said earlier. The woman had stolen the kid's watch, but said she hadn't. She eventually gave it back apparently, but still doesn't justify his actions. That was according to Channel 3 this morning.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but if you do wrong you should expect to be wronged.

People who treat other people unfairly are more likely to face "injustices" themselves.

In my opinion it is pretty much the same everywhere in the world.

Back in france, when I was finishing my master degree I was having a part time job in my former high school, and without exaggerating they were like a hundred time worst than we were.

I was like five years older than those kids, and I would never had acted like that in front of adults when i was their age.

They were drugs but this was already the case when i was studying but they were much more violence even against teachers or assistant.

And there was at least one fight per day, and not small ones ...

My first reaction b4 ive read the rest of the replies, is this is ABSOLUTELY awful, and the authorities should act on this, if they dont this should be put on wider social media, and perhaps shame them into doing something about it.

Edited by rijit

My first reaction 4 ive read the rest of the replies, is this is ABSOLUTELY, and the authorities should act on this, if they dont this should be put on wider social media, and perhaps shame them into doing something about it.

Don't get you, this is ABSOLUTELY what?

The owner of mobile phone which took the video was asking a Thai what was happening. He was curious. Thai man says something about the Thai lady taking something that belonged to the boy (or something like that - I cannot verify if this is what he meant). I think it was clear how the farang felt after catching on video what happened.

Does anyone know what the comments on the YouTube clip say? Are they appalled or condoning ?