Black And Decker Workmate

GuestHouse

Does anyone know where I can get a Black and Decker Workmate here in Thailand?

And why do I so love wandering around Hardware Stores?

Those Thai Shophouse versions that sell all the farming stuff alongside electrical, plumbing and tools are like Aladdin's Cave to me.

• Like 1

I asked this a while back here some useful pointers although I never actually got around to buying one. Now we are actually moving into our new home will probably need to get one.

I bought one up here in Chiang Mai at Home Pro about 18 months ago.

Think I paid around 2400 baht.

Home Pro is probably your best bet if there is a branch near you.

Beetlejuice knows best! Disregard everyone except him as he knows best. Good job Beetlejuice."Home Pro is probably your best bet"Been there done that!

Now GH, are you going to get a work permit once you get it?

I guess it's a universal thing with guys and hardware shops. Wasn't 'Home Improvement' a successful US sitcom based on a televised do-it-yourself show? When I lived in the US, a weekend without female company wasn't complete without a few hours spent wandering around Home Depot, Lowe's or Ace. These 'combo' shops here in LOS are truly an Alladin's Cave... or a Pandora's Box if suddenly you decide to take on a new project without any prior experience. The thing about the US stores was the expert advice that was freely available. I have shopped in the UK equivalents of B&Q. Wickes and Homebase and the knowledge is sadly lacking. But they all trump the local options where most sales staff haven't a clue about what they are selling. But some of the sales girls are cute.

• Like 1

ah ..yes those hardware stores are magic ain't they...best ones I have seen are in Singapore Chinatown...wonderland so many unidentified little bits and things !lol

Okay back to to workmate..I found one in during my prowling around back of a shop house store in Thung Sung..such a store...1000bt ..great...got it home and found had no drop in jaws..just have to improvise..