Starbucks Thailand Tells Teachers "Order More Coffee Or Get Lost"

george

The internet is probably not capable of accommodating the dislikes of the membership.

come on Scotty, if skysports transfer spec can do it, surely you guys can add a button. Probably could find a sponsor for the dislike button on cpc basis lol

• Like 1

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we in turn write a letter to Starbucks asking them to stop serving overpriced garbage?

Where do you drink coffee or do you prefer to make it at home. Starbucks is on the high side but they don't serve "garbage."

The 84 likes on my OP say otherwise wink.png

Wow, I didn't know you were liked so much. coffee1.gif

Maybe we can start a non-biased poll asking if the temperature adjusted flavored urine Starbucks is serving is worth the grossly inflated prices they sell it at.

Edited by Nisa

Maybe we can start a non-biased poll asking if the temperature adjusted flavored urine Starbucks is serving is worth the grossly inflated prices they sell it at.

Wow, Nisa! Where did that come from? Starbucks is the world’s largest and most successful coffee brand. Your distain for Starbucks, may be because it is out of your price range. Urine??? I think not!coffee1.gif

Lots of free advertising here anyway, they got us there.

I try to avoid large corporations whenever possible and try to keep the little guy (that I identify with) in business, because I was also always the little guy, the man with a business and a family to support.

The little guy usually offers you better service, but he may not always have the product. The little guy is knowledgeable, he has to be, he devotes his life to it. Unlike a large corporation where the boss is really never there and the staff are usually wishing they were somewhere else, don't know how to serve you or what it is they serve......

When that small business closes, it becomes big business. Keep mum and pop working, in whatever country you live.

A lot of unfounded assumptions which really don't hold water in the real world.

Remember that those multi-national companies largely employ local people (your neighbors). Secondly, your assumptions are exactly the opposite of my experience when comparing a 7-11 with a local mom & pop convenience store. The little guy has horrible, ignorant service and expired product (often you have to blow the dust off the product to find the expiration date, if any). The staff at 7-11 are always courteous and I can always find consistency in product quality.

Try again.

+1. Hear, hear!

And in Thailand the prices often aren't marked in the unairconditioned mom & pop, giving the proprietors opportunity to price gouge and practice two-tier pricing for farangs, which they do. Those Chinese Thais are often unfriendly and sometimes downright arrogant. Try getting a refund out of one. I once sold an old 750, bike I enjoyed, and bought a new smaller Honda just so that I could get away from the mom & pop cheating motorbike shops and use Honda dealerships.

Talk to a non-family employee of the mom & pop about the fantastic pay, benefits, and career path.

There's a reason the 7-11s are so successful compared to the mom & popd. I tried mom & pops often when I first came to Thailand. Now unless I need something I can't find at 7-11, I'll always go to 7-11. Anyone with much experience will.

One thing i really despise about tourists is how much they support AMERICAN CORPORaTIONS while travelling in a 3rd world country. They wake up in the morning and go to 7-11 and off to McDonalds for a BigMac of garbage and tonight its either Pizza Hut or KFC.

Life expectancy has dropped 10 years in Japan, China and most asian countries because of this Garbage food US corporations have programmed Asians to feed off of AND you are a bad role model. I bet you live in a corner of pattaya, with an RBG, a Big screen TV and a fenced in Toilet with remote control flush on your brain. Its really sad most of you consumer addicts here can't find the flush button on your assembly lined land fill of a mind....

• Like 2

I try to avoid large corporations whenever possible and try to keep the little guy (that I identify with) in business, because I was also always the little guy, the man with a business and a family to support.

The little guy usually offers you better service, but he may not always have the product. The little guy is knowledgeable, he has to be, he devotes his life to it. Unlike a large corporation where the boss is really never there and the staff are usually wishing they were somewhere else, don't know how to serve you or what it is they serve......

When that small business closes, it becomes big business. Keep mum and pop working, in whatever country you live.

Remember that those multi-national companies largely employ local people (your neighbors). Secondly, your assumptions are exactly the opposite of my experience when comparing a 7-11 with a local mom & pop convenience store. The little guy has horrible, ignorant service and expired product (often you have to blow the dust off the product to find the expiration date, if any). The staff at 7-11 are always courteous and I can always find consistency in product quality.

Try again.

+1. Hear, hear!

And in Thailand the prices often aren't marked in the unairconditioned mom & pop, giving the proprietors opportunity to price gouge and practice two-tier pricing for farangs, which they do. Those Chinese Thais are often unfriendly and sometimes downright arrogant. Try getting a refund out of one. I once sold an old 750, bike I enjoyed, and bought a new smaller Honda just so that I could get away from the mom & pop cheating motorbike shops and use Honda dealerships.

Talk to a non-family employee of the mom & pop about the fantastic pay, benefits, and career path.

There's a reason the 7-11s are so successful compared to the mom & popd. I tried mom & pops often when I first came to Thailand. Now unless I need something I can't find at 7-11, I'll always go to 7-11. Anyone with much experience will.

One thing i really despise about tourists is how much they support AMERICAN CORPORaTIONS while travelling in a 3rd world country. They wake up in the morning and go to 7-11 and off to McDonalds for a BigMac of garbage and tonight its either Pizza Hut or KFC.

Life expectancy has dropped 10 years in Japan, China and most asian countries because of this Garbage food US corporations have programmed Asians to feed off of AND you are a bad role model. I bet you live in a corner of pattaya, with an RBG, a Big screen TV and a fenced in Toilet with remote control flush on your brain. Its really sad most of you consumer addicts here can't find the flush button on your assembly lined land fill of a mind....

• Like 1

Don't be so wishy washy.

Do you like or do you not like the coffee?

• Like 2

One thing i really despise about tourists is how much they support AMERICAN CORPORaTIONS while travelling in a 3rd world country. They wake up in the morning and go to 7-11

Never let the facts get in the way of a good rant... coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Try again.

+1. Hear, hear!

I would be very interested to read your facts when you say life expectancy has dropped 10 years in Asia because of a cheeseburger. Please do enlighten the membership with the info.

Don't be so wishy washy.

Quite frankly I don't like any of the large coffee chains, If I want a good hamburger I go to my local fish & Chip shop where Nick the Greek's family has been running the local business for 3 generations. If I want a good cup of coffee and a chat I will go to the local cafe where thier business has been built on reputation and not the marketing machine used by large corporations. High quality hand crafted limited edition products beat mass produced items any day of the week.

• Like 1

I feel so bad for starbucks, they must put up with these pesky customers, who have made them millions, and try to get them out of their shops. Poor poor starbucks. Just know there are people out there that feel for you starbucks, we know you have every right to try and catch up to mcdonalds (which is exactly what we need of course, more corporations like mcdonalds).... the nerve of these customers coming into your shop and sitting down and bringing in MORE customers, some of which may now become lifetime customers, and had never been inside one before. Poor, poor starbucks, it can't be repeated enough.

Don't be so wishy washy.

If I want a good cup of coffee and a chat I will go to the local cafe . . . .High quality hand crafted limited edition products beat mass produced items any day of the week.

Yes, it's just so gratifying to watch them, by hand, pour hot water into a cup, spoon out a teaspoon of instant Nescafe, and stir it around--just for you, with special love! Tastes better that way, too, no question. I guess you need the show, makes you feel important, and it's what you're used to.Enjoy! :)

One thing i really despise about tourists is how much they support AMERICAN CORPORaTIONS while travelling in a 3rd world country. They wake up in the morning and go to 7-11

Never let the facts get in the way of a good rant... coffee1.gif

Don't be so wishy washy.

If I want a good cup of coffee and a chat I will go to the local cafe . . . .High quality hand crafted limited edition products beat mass produced items any day of the week.

Yes, it's just so gratifying to watch them, by hand, pour hot water into a cup, spoon out a teaspoon of instant Nescafe, and stir it around--just for you, with special love! Tastes better that way, too, no question. I guess you need the show, makes you feel important, and it's what you're used to.Enjoy! smile.png

Wow you really made a mess of my post, with all the cut and pasting. Why not try replying to my actual post instead of something you put together using my name.

Wow, Nisa! Where did that come from? Starbucks is the world’s largest and most successful coffee brand. Your distain for Starbucks, may be because it is out of your price range. Urine??? I think not!coffee1.gif

I hope not.....................sick.gif

Whether you like or dislike Starbucks product can be summarised by a Starbucks executive quoted below when they closed most of their outlets in Australia.

Pretty much self explanatory for those who insist Starbucks coffee is good.

The president of Starbucks Asia Pacific, John Culver, admitted: "I think what we've seen is that Australia has a very sophisticated coffee culture."

Nonsense. The closing of some outlets had little to do with the taste of the coffee.

Met Cafe owner Brendan Smart said Starbucks had expanded too quickly in Australia.

"A few years ago there weren't that many of them and they seemed to be going OK, but then all of a sudden, they were everywhere," he told AFP.

"Some city blocks had three Starbucks on them -- it's crazy."

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Can we in turn write a letter to Starbucks asking them to stop serving overpriced garbage?

Where do you drink coffee or do you prefer to make it at home. Starbucks is on the high side but they don't serve "garbage."

The 84 likes on my OP say otherwise wink.png

Perhaps to indicate what posters really think, TV should introduce a "Don't Like This" button - I would certainly have clicked it. wink.png

Likewise for this suggestion laugh.png