Starbucks Thailand Tells Teachers "Order More Coffee Or Get Lost"

george

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good - and can they also tell those kids who buy a drink and sit on a 4 person table by themselves for 6 hours to 'get lost' too (although, personally, I'd say it more strongly than that!)
I believe the appropriate phrase you are looking for is..........Sex and Travel........XXXXX.......LOL Edited by Rooo
Profanity.

About time. Every Saturday and Sunday at the Starbucks on Silom, an older Thai guy with a Mahidol jacket is teaching about 4-5 kids. In addition to occupying the large table, the students also take up 2-3 small round tables. He is there from early afternoon till closing time. Also on Sunday a farang teacher was teaching a Thai student. It really is not bad with just students alone, it is the teachers that they need to get under control. On Saturday, some tourists could not find a spot to sit.

Well what do they expect? Everyone is glued to either a smart-phone or a laptop these days. Sociologists are saying that society is going in the wrong direction because of this new technology. People don't look where they are walking because they are captivated by Facebook on their mobile phones and others watch entire movies in cafes whilst sharing one iced-coffee. And the same problem is occurring at restaurants. It's time for these places to either stop offering wi-fi or to charge for it. There are so many cafes in Thailand now anyway, that I'm surprised anyone even goes to Starbucks anyway for their overpriced food and drink.

Good - and can they also tell those kids who buy a drink and sit on a 4 person table by themselves for 6 hours to 'get lost' too (although, personally, I'd say it more strongly than that!)

Maybe you can tell those kids yourself.

• Like 1

I would argue that Star Bucks does NOT have free wi-fi. I made a complaint to headquarters last year about it (free in other countries). Coffee World and other places have free Wi-Fi so I am surprised these students/ tutors don't hang out where Wi-fi is free, (maybe they do). But I can understand why Starbucks or another cafe/restaurant would want to limit the time to "hang out" at a table meant for customers. Maybe the seats are more comfortable at Star Bucks. 555

Edited by toenail

Its a valid comment, regardless of what the outlet sells, if you are going to spend time on the premises then you should purchase an appropriate amount of their goods or services... Common sense really

Thais tend to do it another way as I've experienced in various upmarket hotels for Sunday brunch. They attack the buffet like a plague of locusts, take all the lobster, caviar and other expensive items (Even if they don't like the taste) and then disperse as quickly as they arrived.