I'm sure this topic was discussed in the past but I've done a search and can't find anything.

I'm interested in setting up a secondhand bookshop in Thailand.

The settting up of the business as such is no problem nor is sourcing the books from the UK.

Also before the discussion generates into a pro's or con's of opening a bookshop in Thailand I realise the pitfalls and don't expect the business to make me a millionaire, baht or otherwise!

My main question is regarding importing the books from the UK is there a cheap way of doing this? Is there anyone out there with experience of running a bookshop in Thailand who can give me any advise?

Thanks in advance

Steve

I'm sure this topic was discussed in the past but I've done a search and can't find anything.

I'm interested in setting up a secondhand bookshop in Thailand.

The settting up of the business as such is no problem nor is sourcing the books from the UK.

Also before the discussion generates into a pro's or con's of opening a bookshop in Thailand I realise the pitfalls and don't expect the business to make me a millionaire, baht or otherwise!

My main question is regarding importing the books from the UK is there a cheap way of doing this? Is there anyone out there with experience of running a bookshop in Thailand who can give me any advise?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Steve,

Cant give you any advice re running a bookshop per se but I can say that for 4 years we ran a laundry and outside I kept a rack of books (100 or so) for sale ranging 50-100 baht.

We were astonished to find sales of 6-8 a day on average.Quality authors are the key in MHO.

Chivas