Broadcasting Cctv Cameras Throughout The House

dave111223

It's getting about time to put the wiring in for our new house and I want to have the security cameras setup so that they can be viewed from all TVs in the house. So by selecting "Channel X" you can view "Camera X" on any given TV.

I've been in a few camera shops (ie Fujiko/Watashi) and am just getting blank stares at this request.

After doing some research I think it would be possible to achieved in this manner (see diagram below).

The feed from each camera would be split and each connected to its own RF Modulator would which assign each camera to its own channel frequency. The RF modulators would be daisy chained together to build up a single coaxial cable which contained all the different channel frequencies. (See example of RF Modulator that I plan to use)

The DVR would also be wired to its own RF Modulator that would output the multi-camera view on one channel.

The single coaxial containing all the feeds would be split and wired to all the rooms.

Does this plan seem correct or are there problems that I'm missing?

post-15674-0-76873000-1343218142_thumb.p

• Like 1

Should work, the only issue I see is that if of co-channel interference if you cannot get the high quality modulators you illustrate.

I'll move to the Technology forum for more tech views.

Why do you not just get better cameras and they connect wireless to network camera manager like this:

http://cache.smarthome.com/images/971365big.jpg

If you do not like wireless then wire in LAN cables to connect to them. More expensive cameras come with their own IP address.

Look at sites like "smarthome" to get you ideas. Then go to a place like Tukcom or Pantip Plaza to buy you solution.

I got my local computer shop to order my wireless camera with its own IP address so can view it from anywhere on the internet.

Edited by maprao

Our OP wants to view individually chosen cameras (or the DVR) on multiple TVs, the system suggested will achieve that without multiple computers or network enabled TVs.

As to why he wants to do that, this is another question of course.

Do not daisy chain the mdulators together, instaed feed them in to a proper RF combiner, the sort that is designed to take multiple antennas and feed them to a single TV. These can be both passive or active (with built in amplifier) Use the same combiner to insert the signal from your TV antenna. This common feedcan then be fed in to the system that currently gives the RF feed to all your TVs.

An IP system would be better, and could also give you the option of viewing your security system while away from home, but is more complex to design

Do not daisy chain the mdulators together, instaed feed them in to a proper RF combiner, the sort that is designed to take multiple antennas and feed them to a single TV. These can be both passive or active (with built in amplifier) Use the same combiner to insert the signal from your TV antenna. This common feedcan then be fed in to the system that currently gives the RF feed to all your TVs.

ACK. depends how cramped the cable tv feed is.

I have a security camera system ( http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/products/hybrid-dvrs/eh1116h.asp ) in and around my house ( 12 cameras ) which are connected to an digital DVR with IP address.

I can watch all my cameras from the television or Iphone / Ipad application or any computer.

I think that this is an easier and better option. As i have wifi in my house i can use the ipad everywhere in my house to check the cameras.

That's what I original wanted to do but i wasn't able to find any single RF Combiner/Modulator that could handle 9 inputs (actual system will have 8 cameras + DVR). Do you have any link to where I can find something like that?

Also note that the modulators cost about 1000THB each, so total 9000THB for this setup, would the combiner be in a similar price range?

Why do you not just get better cameras and they connect wireless to network camera manager like this:

Because I want to be able to view the cameras from standard TVs (i don't plan to have a smartTV or laptop in every room just yet)

The DVR will be connected to the network/internet so that I can view cameras online also.

extremely weird set-up to get this working. may i ask why you want to get the sources on different channels instead make the tv remote control work on the dvr?

Because the TVs are all in different rooms, connecting them all directly to the DVR would require buying an IR Extender and extra DVR remote for every room to change camera views, and would not allow different cameras to be view simultaneously from different rooms.

Edited by dave111223

I have a security camera system ( http://www.averusa.c...vrs/eh1116h.asp ) in and around my house ( 12 cameras ) which are connected to an digital DVR with IP address.

I can watch all my cameras from the television or Iphone / Ipad application or any computer.

I think that this is an easier and better option. As i have wifi in my house i can use the ipad everywhere in my house to check the cameras.

This is what I'm planning on doing. Buying a cheap tablet and having the camera's hooked up to the internet. I can take the table with me anywhere around the house, and can also see them when I'm out via my smartphone. My friend installed cameras with microphones so he can chat with his wife and family while he's away on biz! Freaks his wife out when he starts asking her what she's doing....laugh.png

I have a security camera system ( http://www.averusa.c...vrs/eh1116h.asp ) in and around my house ( 12 cameras ) which are connected to an digital DVR with IP address.

This is what I'm planning on doing. Buying a cheap tablet and having the camera's hooked up to the internet. I can take the table with me anywhere around the house, and can also see them when I'm out via my smartphone. My friend installed cameras with microphones so he can chat with his wife and family while he's away on biz! Freaks his wife out when he starts asking her what she's doing....laugh.png

The problem is what if the alarm is going off at 3AM, your in the bedroom but you left your ipad in the living room? Assuming living room is on a different floor and far from the bedroom, i'd like to be able to survey the situation first...if it's 5 gun-welding guys it may not be a good idea to venture out in my boxers.

Edited by dave111223

The problem is what if the alarm is going off at 3AM, your in the bedroom but you left your ipad in the living room? Assuming living room is on a different floor and far from the bedroom, i'd like to be able to survey the situation first...if it's 5 gun-welding guys it may not be a good idea to venture out in my boxers.

HA! Good point. But wifey always has her smartphone with her. Can't be too far away from Facebook or that crazy app Line.

We have a small one story house. With lots of different walls to climb over to get to ours. Only one break in here since the village was built 7 years ago. And that one was an empty house. I mainly want it to keep tabs on my elderly Mom who will be living with us here shortly.

All good, However I would have the outputs from the RF modulators all taken to a RF Combiner (as the name says it combines all the RF signals in one output) and then to a mini "Slope booster" .

And yes you can freak out your wife with a system like this. :-)

My system is also connected to the sleepingroom television specially for this reason.

The television show all the cameras together but i can program the system in multiple ways.

I only have to use the tabled in case i'm not in a room with television or any where else off-course.

And yes, you can freak out your wife with a system like this. laugh.png

Edited by merijn