Bail Granted To A 17-Year-Old Boy Who Hit A Woman In The Face With A Chair: Bangkok

webfact

CRIME

Bail granted to woman's attacker

The Nation

30186986-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Central Juvenile and Family Court yesterday granted bail to a 17-year-old boy who hit a woman in the face with a chair.

The attack took place after the woman, Somjit Plainao, 51, appeared reluctant to return his wristwatch that was accidentally dropped on a Bangkok footpath last week.

Somjit was quoted as saying that she indeed found the wristwatch and the teenager confronted her.

"He asked about the wristwatch. But before we really talked, he hit me," Thongpleaw Chata quoted Somjit as speaking yesterday.

Thongpleaw is the village head of Moo 3, Ban Huai Pai in Khon Kaen's Chonnabot district. He visited Somjit after learning that she was assaulted in Bangkok and returned to her home province for recuperating.

Somjit, 51, had been working as a cleaner at CentralWorld through arrangements by her employer, PCS.

She has been receiving treatment under the Social Security scheme. Stitches and swelling in her face were still clearly visible days a week after the attack took place.

Her attacker turned himself in to Pathumwan Police Station on Tuesday night after video clips showing the attack were posted on a website and widely viewed.

The station's deputy superintendent Lt Colonel Panom Chuathong said the teenager was stressed and crying all during the night he spent at the station.

"His aunt was with him," Panom said.

Juvenile Observation and Protection Department director general Tawatchai Thaikhiew said such an attack was considered a public offence and police could take action even if the victim did not file a complaint.

"If there are recordings of the attack, state officials can act," Tawatchai said.

According to Thongpleaw, Somjit has not filed any complaint because she wanted to the whole issue to end.

"After police called her, she became very stressed," Thongpleaw said.

According to her neighbours and relatives, Somjit has been working for the PCS for decades.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-26

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After police called her, she became very stressed," Thongpleaw said.

Cause she knows what useless ........ you guys are and nothing will come of it.

Or she knows that somehow she will become the perpetrator and he the victim, losing her job etc.

As an aside, we need to see more women in uniform

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

After police called her, she became very stressed," Thongpleaw said.

Cause she knows what useless ........ you guys are and nothing will come of it.

Or she knows that somehow she will become the perpetrator and he the victim, losing her job etc.

As an aside, we need to see more women in uniform

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

Yes, the long arm of the law can be quite appealing on occasion wink.png

The station's deputy superintendent Lt Colonel Panom Chuathong said the teenager was stressed and crying all during the night he spent at the station.

Oh, boo <snipping> hoo! I hope this little sh!t rots in jail, unfortunately that probably won't happen.

So he hit a woman who was trying to steal his watch .............. "I found it on the footpath"

More a problem of excessive force than anything else.

What would you do if a pickpocket walked off with your Rolex? ..... let her keep it?

Oh, boo <snipping> hoo! I hope this little sh!t rots in jail, unfortunately that probably won't happen.

So he hit a woman who was trying to steal his watch .............. "I found it on the footpath"

No. He hit a woman who found his watch !!

• Like 2

"According to Thongpleaw, Somjit has not filed any complaint because she wanted to the whole issue to end."

I think she knew she was guilty, hence did not file complaint.

How can you arrest anyone without a complaint? I will sue the police force for having a brain of their own.

What would you do if a pickpocket walked off with your Rolex? ..... let her keep it?

Oh sorry I didn't realise that she was a thief and had just pickpocketed his rolex. The story didn't give these full details. Well he should have kicked the thieving woman whilst she was on the ground.

So this woman the thief who stole from a child is still walking free and the poor kid (Victim) gets arrested and is looking a lengthy jail term. Why isn't the woman in custody for the theft?

The story is wrong and portrays the child as the offender. Thanks for bringout the real story and the truth.

So this woman the thief who stole from a child is still walking free and the poor kid (Victim) gets arrested and is looking a lengthy jail term. Why isn't the woman in custody for the theft?

The story is wrong and portrays the child as the offender. Thanks for bringout the real story and the truth.

The woman found it.

Finders keepers; isn't that a farang expression?

I think the young chap knew he was going to get handcuffed by that HOT female officer. She makes we wanna go out and get in trouble.

All jokes aside. Well done to the Farang that took the footage and put it online therefore forcing the BIB's hand.

Edited by coma

This kid is a little sh#t. Having seen the video clip http://www.pattayada...ady-with-chair/ this little bastard should be locked up and left to rot. And now from the photo he hasn't got the courage to show his face - What a man!!

When I read the news report I thought "$#@ck her, she was reluctant to return the watch", but after watching the video I think "what a $#@$ the $#@ kid". She apologizes for whatever happened and the retarded kid still hits her.

As an aside note, how could this little $hit go away from the scene? What's wrong with Thai people that didn't hold him and call the police? (I could understand the farangs not getting involved coz it could turn agaisnt them, but the Thais??)

• Like 2

I can understand Thai and watched this on the Thai news yesterday. To start with the boy was stated as being of all thing's a Farang and that the watch was stolen by this lady from a toilet while he was washing his hand's. The boss of the place where she work's noticed this and told the boy that she had it. She first denied she had it but later gave it back, then he lost the plot and picked up a plastic chair and hit her but I dont get this she was old bit as to me she looked in her late 30's. How a day can make all the thing's change. TIT I suppose.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

I can understand Thai and watched this on the Thai news yesterday. To start with the boy was stated as being of all thing's a Farang and that the watch was stolen by this lady from a toilet while he was washing his hand's. The boss of the place where she work's noticed this and told the boy that she had it. She first denied she had it but later gave it back, then he lost the plot and picked up a plastic chair and hit her but I dont get this she was old bit as to me she looked in her late 30's. How a day can make all the thing's change. TIT I suppose.

How the XXXX do you steal a watch from the wrist of someone washing their hands??

He probably took the watch off, washed his hands and walked off leaving the watch unattended, the toilet attendent then picked up the watch, which is probably part of her job - to remove unwanted things and took it somewhere

Edited by metisdead
: Disguised profanity edited out.

The lad in question is also subject of an inquiry into a knifing quite recently. Members of his family paid medical expenses for the injured party. Seems to have gone off the rails a bit.

• Like 1

The lad in question is also subject of an inquiry into a knifing quite recently. Members of his family paid medical expenses for the injured party. Seems to have gone off the rails a bit.

Quite a few on here have the poor lad as the victim and the woman as a thief and aggressor. Some are saying the whole incident and outcome is her fault.

• Like 1

25kq2c2.jpg

There was a bit about it yesterday in the Thai press. The clip was filmed by a farang in BKK last week in Phraram 1 Rd. The young Thai guy who hit the 51 year old cleaner with the plastic chair was a 17 year old student. The incident occurred after she found his £4000 Armani watch which he lost earlier at the bus stop, apparently after he had some altercation with an Indian man. When he realised his watch was gone, he came back looking for it. Someone said they'd seen the lady pick it up, so he asked for it back, but for whatever reason (maybe she thought he wasn't the owner, or she just wanted to keep it) she denied having it. He searched her, found it in her pocket and started berating her. You can see her in the video waiing him in apology and that presumably should have been the end of it, but he went into a fury and hit her with the chair before making his escape.

http://www.khaosod.c...9PQ==&subcatid=

http://www.komchadlu...55;ก.html

An altercation with an Indian man...he 'loses' it, then she manages to pick it up? Interesting....was it a shakedown? I don't see too much happening from this, as it seems both parties were in the wrong - her denying she had it (perhaps wanting to sell it), and he hitting her which was over the top.