Bail Granted To A 17-Year-Old Boy Who Hit A Woman In The Face With A Chair: Bangkok

webfact

After police called her, she became very stressed," Thongpleaw said.

Cause she knows what useless ........ you guys are and nothing will come of it.

Or because she knows demanding money from the guy to return his watch was wrong and possibly feels a a little responsible for the escalation of events that ultimately ended in her being assaulted.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25kq2c2.jpg

There was a bit about it yesterday in the Thai press. The clip was filmed by a farang in BKK last week in Phraram 1 Rd. The young Thai guy who hit the 51 year old cleaner with the plastic chair was a 17 year old student. The incident occurred after she found his £4000 Armani watch which he lost earlier at the bus stop, apparently after he had some altercation with an Indian man. When he realised his watch was gone, he came back looking for it. Someone said they'd seen the lady pick it up, so he asked for it back, but for whatever reason (maybe she thought he wasn't the owner, or she just wanted to keep it) she denied having it. He searched her, found it in her pocket and started berating her. You can see her in the video waiing him in apology and that presumably should have been the end of it, but he went into a fury and hit her with the chair before making his escape.

http://www.khaosod.c...9PQ==&subcatid=

http://www.komchadlu...55;ก.html

The women clearly didn't deserve this but I think you are getting the Thai new wrong which was clear in saying she was demanding a reward (ransom) to return the watch.

Whatever the problem is over the watch she did not deserve to be smashed in the face with a chair by that young thug.

Are you sure that the watch is less valuable than her face?

As someone pointed out earlier she stole his rolex watch from his arm and they can fetch around 300K baht. Thais kill for the price a meal.

25kq2c2.jpg

There was a bit about it yesterday in the Thai press. The clip was filmed by a farang in BKK last week in Phraram 1 Rd. The young Thai guy who hit the 51 year old cleaner with the plastic chair was a 17 year old student. The incident occurred after she found his £4000 Armani watch which he lost earlier at the bus stop, apparently after he had some altercation with an Indian man. When he realised his watch was gone, he came back looking for it. Someone said they'd seen the lady pick it up, so he asked for it back, but for whatever reason (maybe she thought he wasn't the owner, or she just wanted to keep it) she denied having it. He searched her, found it in her pocket and started berating her. You can see her in the video waiing him in apology and that presumably should have been the end of it, but he went into a fury and hit her with the chair before making his escape.

The women clearly didn't deserve this but I think you are getting the Thai new wrong which was clear in saying she was demanding a reward (ransom) to return the watch.

In my patch the minimum charges he would be facing would be assault with a weapon and intentionally cause serious injury. He would face the children's court and his solicitor would argue that when he was a baby he pooped his nappy and this left a traumatic scare on his life. The Magistrate would suckup the defence and he would be released without conviction.

If

25kq2c2.jpg

That must be what happened then. If it's in the news it must be true.....

In my patch the minimum charges he would be facing would be assault with a weapon and intentionally cause serious injury. He would face the children's court and his solicitor would argue that when he was a baby he pooped his nappy and this left a traumatic scare on his life. The Magistrate would suckup the defence and he would be released without conviction.

Of course on your patch he could press charges for a theft (or attempted extortion) that she has already admitted, then she would have a few problems.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Nothing odd about a spoilt Thai brat wearing a £4000 watch?

Of course, the headline and everyone calling a plastic stool a chair makes it even more dramatic. Great reporting as usual.

Edited by laobali

Of course on your patch he could press charges for a theft (or attempted extortion) that she has already admitted, then she would have a few problems.

What, hit with a bigger chair ?sad.png

"According to Thongpleaw, Somjit has not filed any complaint because she wanted to the whole issue to end."

I think she knew she was guilty, hence did not file complaint.

How can you arrest anyone without a complaint? I will sue the police force for having a brain of their own.

She's afraid of f**ing with someone who has money because anyone with cash will bury someone from the lower caste in Thailand.. She's a lowly janitor who found the watch. Janitors aren't going around pick-pocketing people. They are scratching out a living. She is likely uneducated, does not know her writes and she is fearful. The guy should be dispatched with one slap to the windpipe.

• Like 1

25kq2c2.jpg

Well, there has to be something very wrong there, because Armani don't make watches anywhere in the world you can buy for 4000 GBP. Please don't tell me he bashed her up for a patpong fake.

http://www.empirewatches.co.uk/prod2.asp?ID=250&sub_cat=776

http://www.nextag.com/Emporio-Watches--PRICE-Over-270--zzarmani+watchz2702409zEmporiozB12z5---html

Smashing her up like that is GBH. He could have killed her.

Edited by Thai at Heart

The station's deputy superintendent Lt Colonel Panom Chuathong said the teenager was stressed and crying all during the night he spent at the station.

"His aunt was with him," Panom said.

Oh, boo <snipping> hoo! I hope this little sh!t rots in jail, unfortunately that probably won't happen.

Suspended sentence??????????????????????????????

The women clearly didn't deserve this but I think you are getting the Thai new [sic] wrong which was clear in saying she was demanding a reward (ransom) to return the watch.

No, none of the articles I saw yesterday, which I stated my post was based on, mentioned her demanding any ransom. This extra information, if the boy didn't make it up, must have come to light later.

Armani don't make watches anywhere in the world you can buy for 4000 GBP.

Yes, it was my typo and the Matichon article I saw quoted 20k Baht (£400) and not £4000.

The funny thing in yesterday's reporting, don't know if it's been disclosed since, was that her identity and address in Khon Khaen where she went to recuperate were printed but the boy's or his school's was withheld and he was given an assumed name.

Some seem to infer she actually stole this watch. If he was wearing the watch, how did she get it if his wrist?

So, she either found it (in the toilet, in the street - depends on what report you believe). At that point she has stolen nothing. Some man comes along and claims this watch is his. Where is the actual proof it is his watch? IF she refuses to hand this watch to the authorities and keeps it, then she is guilty of theft by finding - or whatever the law is here.

I reiterate he is a thug for smashing her in the face with a plastic stool. Those stools can be pretty dam_n tough, after all, enough of us fat people sit on them!! rolleyes.gif

The information that he was allegedly in an altercation with some Indian guy and he also allegedly had something to do with a knifing tells me there is something seriously wrong with this young man thug

25kq2c2.jpg

http://www.khaosod.c...==&subcatid=

Well, there has to be something very wrong there, because Armani don't make watches anywhere in the world you can buy for 4000 GBP. Please don't tell me he bashed her up for a patpong fake.

http://www.empirewat...#38;sub_cat=776

http://www.nextag.co...iozB12z5---html

Smashing her up like that is GBH. He could have killed her.

I'll sell you one for 4000 quid.

Anger management! The 17 year old kid was in one verbal confrontation which led to his 2ND confrontation and assault.

How many fights did he get into that day, forget about the knifing incident that was recently paid off. This young punk is a loose cannon waiting to go off. Like the gun totin farang engineer, sorry doctorate. These people go from fight to fight until?

And this makes national news in Thailand?

Yeh, get used to it. smile.png

If its not serious enough for you dude, just let you know that an ederly australian woman have been stabbed in her heart recently for 10 dollars...

Thailand is just a zoo, a big open zoo sick.gif

And this makes national news in Thailand?

Yeh, get used to it. smile.png

If its not serious enough for you dude, just let you know that an ederly australian woman have been stabbed in her heart recently for 10 dollars...

Thailand is just a zoo, a big open zoo sick.gif

As l said, you get used to it. Look at what is happening in your farang land every day. Same, same. Sadly.sad.png

Can you elaborate a little. thumbsup.gif

Sorry to but in --BUT if we all had that attitude no one would alter anything it would only get worse. The same old cry it happens everywhere---please, NO EXCUSE, I for one will never "get used to it" I cannot do much about the lawlessness but still can object to these types of incidents. for the size of the country and the happenings here there is much hard work to do, whether it is violence-or road deaths-or a.n.other.
  • Like 1

Of course he should get bail and will be acquitted because he is a student at a prestigious school.

BTW the police woman behind him looks as if she is wearing enough foundation to appear in a Chinese opera.

Sorry to but in --BUT if we all had that attitude no one would alter anything it would only get worse. The same old cry it happens everywhere---please, NO EXCUSE, I for one will never "get used to it" I cannot do much about the lawlessness but still can object to these types of incidents. for the size of the country and the happenings here there is much hard work to do, whether it is violence-or road deaths-or a.n.other.

LOS has the same population as UK. Every day l read UK news, every day l think what is going on in UK.

Today, UK, old lady widow in her flat is beaten, tied up and her few shillings robbed. She is found 3 days latter dead.

Totally agree with you ginjag.

This is the kind of people shouting "its happens all over the world" that making the situation worst. This is the kind of sh*t/sick mentality that driving thailand into the wall again and again.

Back home, when crime occurs, we dont sit and slip the problem under the carpet. Back home when some people get murdered we do public mourning.

Back home we put pressure on the police and officials. Back home we do have national debate.

We do launch national/tv campaign for less violence amongs youth, amongs domestic affair, car accident...

When we try to be pro active, you(thai apologist) try to hide.

And back home its might not be perfect, but at least we got(in uk, germany,france, west europe) 5 time less murder than in thailand.

ps: So transam, did i elaborate enough for you?

Edited by Bender