Saltwater Aquariums In Pattaya

Dirk_brijs

I contacted Pattaya Aquatics several months ago, telling them I wanted to purchase a salt water tank. They promised to call me for an appointment, but they never did. Not the sort of outfit I want to deal with.

Pattaya aquatics doesnt do too much for you they basically take your order and then double or tripple charge you and give your order to the local fish stores.

They used to have a nice looking shop on Theprasit but are now in one of the furniture shops on Sukhumvit. Talking about downgrading. Never saw anyone available to talk to in there though??

Says enough I guess?

But no one on here is into the saltwater hobby?

Are you still into setting up that saltwatertank?

I could help you if you want.

Am actually looking to set up a store like that soon.

I'll go back to my post. Maybe that shop I recommended doesn't do salt water, but I'd pretty much guarantee the owner would point you in the right direction. Very nice guy and really knows his fish. Worth a visit, IMHO.

I'll go back to my post. Maybe that shop I recommended doesn't do salt water, but I'd pretty much guarantee the owner would point you in the right direction. Very nice guy and really knows his fish. Worth a visit, IMHO.

believe you

been there before for some small things.

Looked expensive though but they seemed nice enough.

Still not into saltwater though.

Tried it once in another country and managed to kill all the fish...sad.png .....quite a lot of work/time involved....Will stick with gold fish..if I got a tank again..thumbsup.gif

could help you through the entire process.

Goldfish would require the same amount of work if you really want to keep alive.

Tried it once in another country and managed to kill all the fish...sad.png .....quite a lot of work/time involved....Will stick with gold fish..if I got a tank again..thumbsup.gif

Goldfish would require the same amount of work if you really want to keep alive.

I got some kind of goldfish for my pond. A few different types. Wasn't long before they had a few different types of problems. Now, just have guppies and some kinda blue fish a neighbor gave me that is from S. Africa? Been a year and all's well so far...as long as we can keep that dang snake out of there that seems to love fish....

I got some kind of goldfish for my pond. A few different types. Wasn't long before they had a few different types of problems. Now, just have guppies and some kinda blue fish a neighbor gave me that is from S. Africa? Been a year and all's well so far...as long as we can keep that dang snake out of there that seems to love fish....

Just go to the market at Huay Yai every Friday Craig.....6 for 100 Baht, about 4 inches long,!! Keeps my pond well stocked!!

Just go to the market at Huay Yai every Friday Craig.....6 for 100 Baht, about 4 inches long,!! Keeps my pond well stocked!!

Where at in Huay Yai? Just before the RR tracks or further down by the temple?

Thanks!!!

Where at in Huay Yai? Just before the RR tracks or further down by the temple?

Thanks!!!

At the actual Huay Yai temple market on a Friday, on all day, the guy with the fish is right down at the bottom end, quite a big spread of fish, all different sizes, very cheap! I bought some orange coloured fish from him a couple of years ago - well over a foot long now!

Not to be confused with the other guy half way up the market who has some fish but mostly sells ducks, pheasants, geese and rabbits with frocks on!!??

can we stick to the topic

any saltwater hobbyists in Pattaya?

I just made my first saltwater tank, but im not in pattaya, but 50km north, i started on it in March, adding little by little, it seems, it is not as hysteric here as in my home country where it requre alot of machines to control the water, and shit.

We bought our stuff in the local Pet market, there are 2-3 saltwater sellers, but we have been to Chatuchak market in bangkok, they have a huge department with Fish, they have everything inthere, but price is fairly the same as we paid here, however the selection is 500x more.

we had a 375L tank from before, which we reuse, i spend around 2000 in total for Water, rocks, sand new pump, and then first a few clownfish, and now we have added more fish to it.

Jack

I just made my first saltwater tank, but im not in pattaya, but 50km north, i started on it in March, adding little by little, it seems, it is not as hysteric here as in my home country where it requre alot of machines to control the water, and shit.

We bought our stuff in the local Pet market, there are 2-3 saltwater sellers, but we have been to Chatuchak market in bangkok, they have a huge department with Fish, they have everything inthere, but price is fairly the same as we paid here, however the selection is 500x more.

we had a 375L tank from before, which we reuse, i spend around 2000 in total for Water, rocks, sand new pump, and then first a few clownfish, and now we have added more fish to it.

Jack

Jack,

sounds like you had a good start. As I understand it is just a fish only tank and thats why most equipment is not all too complicated yet as most fish are very flexible when it comes to temp, salt levels and water chemistry. Just remember when you want to add any life corals then it will start serious. Lots of materials online though to read up on or you can always get my advise if needed lol.

Dirk

Jack

Jack,

sounds like you had a good start. As I understand it is just a fish only tank and thats why most equipment is not all too complicated yet as most fish are very flexible when it comes to temp, salt levels and water chemistry. Just remember when you want to add any life corals then it will start serious. Lots of materials online though to read up on or you can always get my advise if needed lol.

Dirk

Well sofar i have keept away from corals, we have Anemone which is really pretty, and 5 different fish liverocks ofcourse,

However, et seems, the corals it self, is the tricky one, so in a few weeks i will go to Chatuchak and see of we can find some "less" complicated corals, as i see they keep them inthere without use of any complicated machines, then it must be possible for us to keep aswell.

Jack