Happy Birthday

JurgenG

So far I haven't received yet my invitation to the party But I believe my wife burnt it ... sad.png

We belong to the Hong Kong Thai community,and it's funny that the wifes are usually pro-democrats while the husbands are usually Thaksin supporters. My wife would one thousand time prefer to be found dead that to be photographed at a party where Thaksin is the host ... If I were ever invited, I would probably find my tuxedo with a big iron burn mark on the jacket "Sorry Honey, I just wanted you to look perfect but I got distracted ..."

You may be overcome with emotion with this old birthday greeting;

He was loved by the people.........

Happy Birthay sir and may you have many more.

Agree. Could have made a huge difference to Thailands future but greed got the better of him. sad.

So far I haven't received yet my invitation to the party But I believe my wife burnt it ... sad.png

We belong to the Hong Kong Thai community,and it's funny that the wifes are usually pro-democrats while the husbands are usually Thaksin supporters. My wife would one thousand time prefer to be found dead that to be photographed at a party where Thaksin is the host ... If I were ever invited, I would probably find my tuxedo with a big iron burn mark on the jacket "Sorry Honey, I just wanted you to look perfect but I got distracted ..."

you have a smart wife wai.gif

Agree. Could have made a huge difference to Thailands future but greed got the better of him. sad.

I don't believe it's greed, more a misunderstanding of politic.

I remembered watching an old interview from the 70's, a few big businessman were asked questions about the big problems of the time. One question was "do you believe in democracy in the business world ?" The general consensus was no, because if so, the CEOs will spend their time campaigning instead of running the company. And that's the big difference with politic because politicians never stop campaigning, it's part of the game. Thaksin thought that once he has been elected he could stop courting electors, big and small, and start running the country, a common mistakes made by businessmen turn politicians. But I believe Thaksin has now learnt his lesson.

What is fascinating about Thaksin life is it's a serie of failures, learning from the mistakes, then success.

"Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum" If you believe in that, then Thaksin is definitively not evil.