Jellybean Is Out - Android 4.1

I have a galaxy s3 which did a firmware update 2 days ago...just looked and its 4.0.4. when will i be offered jellybean?

Have no issues with the battery capacity which lasts about 2 days unless i leave wifi on...then its down to one day with a lot of use,

One problem i have is when i connect it to the laptop the laptop right away tries to install a new driver and if i dont cancel it right away it wont connect to samsung kies, The laptop is a lenovo 32GB ram running win 7 64 bit and i notice with the old laptop...IBM thinkpad 3GB ram running win 7 32 bit this is,nt the case.

Well, yes, we all have to recharge our batteries every day. That's normal. Or what did you mean? Android has a bit of a bad rap for battery consumption, but whenever I check the battery usage (settings > battery) of my phone the screen usually accounts for at least 50% of the battery drain. Big screen = big battery drain. I bought 3 spare batteries and a charger (to charge the battery outside the phone) from Hong Kong through Ebay. Cost around $12 (400 baht or so) including shipping. Problem solved.

Don't know when Samsung phones will get the official Jellybean update. The usual procedure is that Android is handed off to the manufacturers about the same time as it's released with Googles own Nexus line, then depending on the manufacturer and how many "value added changes" they've made their release is typically a few months later. According to this article the guess is August/September.

I believe AOKP and other 3rd parties already have Jellybean ROM's for the S3 if you're the adventurous type. See for example this thread in xda developers forum > S3 > development

Well, yes, we all have to recharge our batteries every day. That's normal. Or what did you mean? Android has a bit of a bad rap for battery consumption, but whenever I check the battery usage (settings > battery) of my phone the screen usually accounts for at least 50% of the battery drain. Big screen = big battery drain. I bought 3 spare batteries and a charger (to charge the battery outside the phone) from Hong Kong through Ebay. Cost around $12 (400 baht or so) including shipping. Problem solved.

Don't know when Samsung phones will get the official Jellybean update. The usual procedure is that Android is handed off to the manufacturers about the same time as it's released with Googles own Nexus line, then depending on the manufacturer and how many "value added changes" they've made their release is typically a few months later. According to this article the guess is August/September.

I believe AOKP and other 3rd parties already have Jellybean ROM's for the S3 if you're the adventurous type. See for example this thread in xda developers forum > S3 > development

Well...my previous phone was-is (still have it) a HTC sensation but i notice the battery life on the s3 is almost doulble that of the HTC, I too have a charger which was given to me with the s3 but never had to use it yet,

BTW i buy all my electronics in HK as i,m there often, The s3 was given to me as a replacement by the insurance when the HTC broke.