Fire Rips Through Car Parts Warehouse In Patong

Lite Beer

Fire rips through car parts warehouse in Patong

Phuket Gazette –

phuket-1-16520YDKbBuSRDpxnOtrIMnDFoRCJhg.jpg

The blaze sent thick plumes of smoke into the sky above Patong. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

phuket-4-16520ynetTpsEtAPnIiKtkeBlMtjfak.jpg

The owner of the warehouse, 48-year-old Jatupol Khuenthin, appraises what’s left of his business. Photo: Atchaa Khamlo

PHUKET: A fire believed to have been started by an electrical fault destroyed a car parts warehouse in Patong this afternoon.

No one was reported injured in the blaze, but the damage caused has been estimated at around 100,000 baht.

Responding to a call at about 12:30pm, 23 firefighters with six fire trucks and an ambulance rushed to the scene on 50 Pi Road overlooking Patong.

The fire team took about 20 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

The owner of the warehouse, 48-year-old Jatupol Khuenthin, said that the blaze likely started from a short circuit in the fuse box.

“I think the fire started from a short circuit in the fuse box, which was in the same small room where I kept the new parts. In that same room were two gallons of petrol kept in separate containers, which could easily have caught on fire,” he said.

“It's such a pity. I don’t have insurance for the room or the stock [that was destroyed] and I’m trying to sell my house and land, including the storeroom, for 30 million baht,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/articles/2012/article16520.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-07-26