2Nd Hand Shop

I sore a shop under construction on the ring road around chaweng bohput had sign saying saecond hand shop

That is an old sign Big C, been there for years. Shop is being renovated for something else.

Classifieds are the way to go, market in here isn't simply made for second hand as everyone keeps everything until it's totally broken, outdated or simply selling stuff because of going back home.

Classifieds are the way to go, market in here isn't simply made for second hand as everyone keeps everything until it's totally broken, outdated or simply selling stuff because of going back home.

Aye, seen a number open and then close over the years. As you say, there is just no market for them to survive on.

• 3 weeks later...

Driving through Nathon on Sunday, I noticed there was a sign for a second hand shop, on the water front section of the one way system... about four or five shops down after the sharp turn.... on the right.....wink.png

Shutters were down, I assumed because it was Sunday... might be worth checking out?

Edited by samuijimmy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Any update on shops as I have a friend after a few bits and bobs.

The one in Maenam is still there, next to Samui Cable... near Soi 2/3 or is it Soi 1 ? I forget... facepalm.gif along there, some where on water side...tongue.png

I've not been in to see what sort of stuff they have...

Some of the "10 baht shops" are good for Bobs and Bits too!... there are three or four of them in Maenam! thumbsup.gif

There is a large 20 baht shop on the RHS just after you make the turn on to the airport road.

Most of the stuff is really good value, not high quality but same stuff in the supermarkets costs considerably more.

(There are things on sale for more than 20 baht, but still good value if they have what you need).

Remember to take your shoes off at the door to avoid a rollicking from the staff!ermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

There is a large 20 baht shop on the RHS just after you make the turn on to the airport road.

Most of the stuff is really good value, not high quality but same stuff in the supermarkets costs considerably more.

(There are things on sale for more than 20 baht, but still good value if they have what you need).

Remember to take your shoes off at the door to avoid a rollicking from the staff!ermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

cheesy.gif so you got a rollicking ..... is that like rolling in the hay? tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Ummm what is RHS....??? sounds like some place in Wisley.... rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

There is a genuine second hand shop in Maenam, it is also a pawn shop so most things a fairly new, the owner joe speaks good english. The shop is next door but one to the samui tv cable office. There is a second shop he owns in Chaweng just before the trafic lights before Tesco, on the left.

• Like 1

There is a genuine second hand shop in Maenam, it is also a pawn shop so most things a fairly new, the owner joe speaks good english. The shop is next door but one to the samui tv cable office. There is a second shop he owns in Chaweng just before the trafic lights before Tesco, on the left.

That's on the left coming from Lamai. (On the r after the lights coming from Bophut.)

• Like 1

That's on the left coming from Lamai. (On the r after the lights coming from Bophut.)

There is only 1 set of traffic light just before Tesco so that would be coming from Lamai. The light's in Bophut are 4km away that's not just before Tesco.

There is only 1 set of traffic light just before Tesco so that would be coming from Lamai. Well done. You are correct. That is why I wrote "after the lights coming from Bophut".

The light's in Bophut are 4km away that's not just before Tesco.

I did not mention the lights at Bophut.

Edited by Rooo
answer

There is only 1 set of traffic light just before Tesco so that would be coming from Lamai. Well done. You are correct. That is why I wrote "after the lights coming from Bophut".

The light's in Bophut are 4km away that's not just before Tesco.

I did not mention the lights at Bophut.

Please read post 19 if I'm not mistaken.

Please stop with the bickering.It does get tiring. He only offered the lights at Bophut as a guideline, he didn't say 400 or whatever meters from there.He said if you are coming from that direction it's on your right.

Put it to rest please.

• Like 1

Here you guys go, now stop the bickering tongue.png ....you're getting Rooo upset biggrin.pngfacepalm.gif

I stopped in just to take a boo, mostly a lot of old drills in there... a fridge, a freezer, a number of cameras, a few computers and monitors, and a few bobs and bits!... oh and a big motorbike too!

It is between Soi 2 and Soi 3 ... so on opposite side of Angela bakery.... and towards Soi 3....or Nathon! .... The sign is clear enough!

Next to the gold shop and near Samui cable TV, as I said before!blink.pngwink.png

IMG_8514.JPG

There is another second hand shop in Nathon, some where,???

I tried to spot it on way through but did not see it...blink.pngI think on the waterfront on the one way system ... ?

Edited by samuijimmy