I Hope This Brings Hope For Anyone Going Thru What We Did

Shrek

Now she can get on the dole. smile.png

Under normal circumstances I would have deleted such a comment, as being an ignorant statement. I actually like the replies to it, so will let it stand to show what ignorance can do.

Pleased you did. Pass this poster a rope, I keep on bumping into this poster and I really don't think I have seen anything useful yet. Cheap jibes, throw away one liners and less. Good mod work Roo.

• Like 1

Congratulations from me to even so I don't live in England

Just like you said follow your dream and never let go of it

but most people just have dreams and never do anything

about them. My wife had many dreams but she worked

on them and all of them came thrue she just never let go

of her dreams and that is what you have to do have a dream

or many and never let them go.

For all those negative thinkers out there change your mind of

thinking think positive and it will happen.

Pick up some books eg. Rich Dad Poor Dad , The Magic

of Thinking Big and a few more ( can't list all of them )

By the way after just a few years doing this my wife now

earns more than A $ 75.000 per year.

Congratulations again

Under normal circumstances I would have deleted such a comment, as being an ignorant statement. I actually like the replies to it, so will let it stand to show what ignorance can do.

Pleased you did. Pass this poster a rope, I keep on bumping into this poster and I really don't think I have seen anything useful yet. Cheap jibes, throw away one liners and less. Good mod work Roo.

farang000999 is complaining about people calling bargirls lazy on another thread and then posts this. rolleyes.gif

Edited by arthurwait

Congrats Shrek, and I bet you'll never forget those giggles biggrin.png

I agree with fred2007 and the other positive members on this thread. When I wake up in the morning my first thought is what can I do today to make someone happy. It might be picking up the phone to my Mum, going for a pint with Dad, or as I will be doing in a couple of minutes, taking some time to post holiday photos on my Facebook page as my Aunt just loves seeing the places that I visit. One of these days soon, my Aunt will be coming with me.

The day I don't take joy from making others happy, shoot me.

Reading the OP............I can picture the joy on his wife's face when she received the passport. Thanks for taking the time to post this OP.........

Smile of the day from me biggrin.pngwai.gif

Edited by theblether
  • Like 2

Congrats Shrek, and I bet you'll never forget those giggles biggrin.png

I agree with fred2007 and the other positive members on this thread. When I wake up in the morning my first thought is what can I do today to make someone happy. It might be picking up the phone to my Mum, going for a pint with Dad, or as I will be doing in a couple of minutes, taking some time to post holiday photos on my Facebook page as my Aunt just loves seeing the places that I visit. One of these days soon, my Aunt will be coming with me.

The day I don't take joy from making others happy, shoot me.

Reading the OP............I can picture the joy on his wife's face when she received the passport. Thanks for taking the time to post this OP.........

Smile of the day from me biggrin.pngwai.gif

Since you are so positive just let me ask you to read those books

I promise you it will change your life no matter how old you are and by the

way I don't make any money of this I am not the author but it changed

the life of me and my wife

• Like 1

Congratulations, I was introduced to Thailand by my best friend getting married over here. They have been happily married and settled back in the UK for a few years now and last year she got her passport. They had a little celebration and he called me to say all the trials and tribulations they went through were all worth it to see the smile on her face when she picked up her passport.smile.png

Well done to the Mrs. How long did she study for for the test? Have you tried the test? I did and failed lol.

if you go to college and advance to level 2 (I think) you dont do the test. basically its either (1) the test...over in 2 hours...if you canunderstand it, which few can OR (2) Go to college for either 1 or 2 years part time and progress to a certain level of ESOL, you get certificates then and dont need the test

Its either one or the other

The test is hard for us if we dont read the book but nigh impossible for thai ladies unless they went to Uni and studied English.

Well done to the Mrs. How long did she study for for the test? Have you tried the test? I did and failed lol.

if you go to college and advance to level 2 (I think) you dont do the test. basically its either (1) the test...over in 2 hours...if you canunderstand it, which few can OR (2) Go to college for either 1 or 2 years part time and progress to a certain level of ESOL, you get certificates then and dont need the test

Its either one or the other

The test is hard for us if we dont read the book but nigh impossible for thai ladies unless they went to Uni and studied English.

My wife did the test route. She passed first time and had given birth just 3 weeks before - i was very proud. Especially as many that took the test had failed and many were doing it for the second or third time.

We have a framed picture of when we went to the citizenship ceremony and her being given British citizenship. We had to sing the national anthem and luckily for me they gave us the words to sing. ;-)

• Like 1

Actually she has been in her job for 6 years now, and has worked full time since day 1, combining that with college to get her ESOL.

Dont judge everyone by your standards.

I thought the comment was just light hearted humour Shrek, directed at the UK rather than your missus.

Anyway, congratulations. Now you can both move freely without thinking of visas which could have put you off in the past. Bet the missus can't wait to use it so better book a short break somewhere quick time.

Actually she has been in her job for 6 years now, and has worked full time since day 1, combining that with college to get her ESOL.

Dont judge everyone by your standards.

I thought the comment was just light hearted humour Shrek, directed at the UK rather than your missus.

Anyway, congratulations. Now you can both move freely without thinking of visas which could have put you off in the past. Bet the missus can't wait to use it so better book a short break somewhere quick time.

mais pen rai

Now she can get on the dole. :)

What a ridiculous comment. Not everyone is lazy, and deadbeat. Plenty of hardworking and honest people out there. This comment probably speaks volumes of you.

Good luck to the OP and his Mrs

Edited by mrtoad