Original Elite Visa ForSale

Why do you think someone would pay 3.4 million for this visa?
The extras when I looked into it in the past are very limited and don't add much value.

Unless you were an avid golfer and were happy to play at the same (included) course day in day out then maybe it adds some value.

Edited by Startmeup

3 minutes ago, Startmeup said:

Why do you think someone would pay 3.4 million for this visa?
The extras when I looked into it in the past are very limited and don't add much value.

Unless you were an avid golfer and were happy to play at the same (included) course day in day out then maybe it adds some value.

Maybe a Bitcoin dabbler ,under 50 and wants to live in Thailand .....

regards Worgeordie

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Maybe a Bitcoin dabbler ,under 50 and wants to live in Thailand .....

regards Worgeordie

I paid 1m for a 20 year visa and it includes 1, 2, 7 and 8.
Not able to transfer ownership.

Looking at the price points for the current visa offerings now under the elite program then this price makes sense.

It costs 2.5 million for 15 years today. 

The visa that is being sold here would have been a great investment at the time given you can transfer ownership. None are transferable now. It probably makes more sense to buy this than what available at this price point or with a bit of negotiating. 

Same here….  Life Time Membership - can be transferred to 30 years…

Similar price to the Op PM if interested.

Reason for sale: can use a marriage visa & stopped playing golf…

Airport trx is incredibly convenient though. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Agree 1

How long is left on the visa you bought? 

How is it possible to even transfer it?

Why don't you offer some sort of reasonable discount?

You remind of recent facebook marketplace offerings who sell second hand iphones for about -500 baht of originial value you can buy new

5 minutes ago, hydraides said:

You remind of recent facebook marketplace offerings who sell second hand iphones for about -500 baht of originial value you can buy new

There is 20.5 years left.  The original Elite visa's were lifetime, and transferrable. I bought it from someone who in turn bought it from the original holder.  He used 5 years and sold it to me with 25 years left on it.

If you look at the current elite offerings, the 15 year is 2.5 million, the 20 year is by invitation only and is 5 million baht.  Since this visa is not based on the current point scheme, you can go for a massage or play golf everyday.  As an example, a local high end spa charges 2800 baht for their 1.5 hr Thai massage, and the visa holder can attend this free daily.

Elite also offers to convert this to a 15 year visa with the same perks, so once you hit the 15 year mark, you could choose to convert it, but in my opinion, you would get less perks especially if you really use the massage/golf/airport transfer a lot.  

I priced it exactly like the current visa's.  Pay 900K for 5 years, then 2.5 Million for another 15 years.  My guess is that in 5 years, the prices of these visas will be even higher.

• Agree 1

For someone who travels a lot in and out and who's interested in the perks which used to be much better, buying such an original Elite visa isn't a bad option.

But others use it mostly as a means to stay in Thailand with as little hassle as possible. For that group, having to apply for an extension every 90 days instead of once a year makes it a less attractive option. 

Edited by Caldera
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Caldera said:

For someone who travels a lot in and out and who's interested in the perks which used to be much better, buying such an original Elite visa isn't a bad option.

But others use it mostly as a means to stay in Thailand with as little hassle as possible. For that group, having to apply for an extension every 90 days instead of once a year makes it a less attractive option. 

But with 15 years left you can convert it and only have to extend annually. In fact you can do it right away but you would lose the 5.5 years

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

For that group, having to apply for an extension every 90 days instead of once a year makes it a less attractive option. 

I dropped my passport to a local law firm 10 mins from my place on a day when I was travelling close to their office.
90 day report done and ready to be picked up the next day, I picked it up a few of days later.

Didn't have to go near immigration. Nothing to pay. Couldn't have been easier. 

Edited by Startmeup

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Same here….  Life Time Membership - can be transferred to 30 years…

Similar price to the Op PM if interested.

Reason for sale: can use a marriage visa & stopped playing golf…

Airport trx is incredibly convenient though. 

Prices have been rising all the time. It was prob about 500k when you bought it? Nice investment. 

18 hours ago, Startmeup said:

I dropped my passport to a local law firm 10 mins from my place on a day when I was travelling close to their office.
90 day report done and ready to be picked up the next day, I picked it up a few of days later.

Didn't have to go near immigration. Nothing to pay. Couldn't have been easier. 

I logged in to a website. Input dates and sent the form. Approved in 3 hours for free without going out.

Why not do it yourself?

• Thumbs Up 1

Not exactly lifetime as advertised is it? You say it’s got 20 years left of validity. Lifetime means until you’re no longer here and needing a visa, 20 years is pretty short . I’d only be 65 when this “lifetime” visa expires then I’d have to go back to yearly on marriage visa.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Not exactly lifetime as advertised is it? You say it’s got 20 years left of validity. Lifetime means until you’re no longer here and needing a visa, 20 years is pretty short . I’d only be 65 when this “lifetime” visa expires then I’d have to go back to yearly on marriage visa.

Lifetime is only to describe the visa as only the original lifetime visas had these perks.

On 4/28/2024 at 11:15 AM, fredjaidee said:

I priced it exactly like the current visa's.  Pay 900K for 5 years, then 2.5 Million for another 15 years.  My guess is that in 5 years, the prices of these visas will be even higher.

So you priced it @ 3.4 million baht, the exact same price as getting a new one! Why would someone buy a used visa for the same price as a new one?

Also you said in OP it only gets you 90 days on every entry. The new elite visa gets you one year on every entry. Much more useful and at 900k baht for initial 5 year visa much cheaper (1.5 million for 10 year or 2.5 million for 15 years)

Edited by Pattaya57

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

So you priced it @ 3.4 million baht, the exact same price as getting a new one! Why would someone buy a used visa for the same price as a new one?

Also you said in OP it only gets you 90 days on entry. The new elite visa gets you one year on entry. Much more useful and at 900k baht for Initial 5 year visa much cheaper (1.5 million for 10 year or 2.5 million for 15 years)

It's about the benefits and the ability to transfer.  Everyone would have to make their own decision on what they would prefer.  Prices will only keep going up, so in theory you could use it for x years and resell.  

On 4/28/2024 at 11:04 AM, hydraides said:

The maximum length of membership that can be purchased directly from Thai Elite is 20 years. 

The original life time memberships (that I have) allows 30 years to be transfered with full unlimited perks / privileges.

The Equivalent memberships

> 'Reserve' is 20 years membership by invite only, with 120 points to spend on privileges - cost is 5 Million Baht.

> 'Diamond' 15 years membership with 55 points to spend on privileges - cost is 2.5 Million Baht.

> 'Platinum' 10 years membership with 35 points to spend on privileges - cost is 1.5 Million Baht.

Spending Points: 

Airport Transfer cost 1 Point.

Lounge Access cost 1 point.

Golf costs 1-3 points (depending on the course)

Yearly Health Checkup costs 10 points

Massage cost 1-3 points (1 for Thai massage / 2 for aroma / 3 for spa package).

Thus the ops 20.5 years of remaining membership with unlimited perks that the op is offering for 3.4 Million baht is 1.6 Million Baht cheaper than the prevailing rate - it also doesn't limit the new member to 120 points.

In my case: 30 years transfered membership - theoretically could be valued higher. 

If 20 years = 5 Million Baht, then 30 years = 7.5 Million Baht (which is an insane price IMO).

BUT - IF someone is in the market for the 20 year Thai Elite Membership - the Ops deal (and my deal) is a good one - the issue of course is that most people in this forum are not in that market and can't understand those who may be.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Lifetime was for the original memberships...   (i.e. mine is lifetime for me)... But, upon transfer only 30 years is transfered (taking you to 75 yrs)....

Its a shame they don't allow the life time to transfer, but that would have some memberships being transfered to children & friends etc and getting transfered perpetually.... 

22 hours ago, Startmeup said:

Prices have been rising all the time. It was prob about 500k when you bought it? Nice investment. 

2 hours ago, john donson said:

probably got it for free and now asking the price of a condo for it...

is it even transferable... lol

The original memberships were lifetime memberships and cost 1 Million Baht.

Very soon that went to 2 Million Baht for 20 years. 

Given the Op has 20.5 years remaining on his Membership I suspect that it has already been transfered once and the Op is the 'second user'... and has used up 9.5 years of the 30 years which had been transfered to him.... He's now offering the remaining 20.5 years at a rate far cheaper than the 5 Million Baht for 20 years membership.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Lifetime was for the original memberships...   (i.e. mine is lifetime for me)... But, upon transfer only 30 years is transfered (taking you to 75 yrs)....

Its a shame they don't allow the life time to transfer, but that would have some memberships being transfered to children & friends etc and getting transfered perpetually.... 

But is yours 90 day visa or a year? The current thai Privilege gives a year visa at once. If yours is just 90 days it's really not equivalent or comparable at all.

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

.... He's now offering the remaining 20.5 years at a rate far cheaper than the 5 Million Baht for 20 years membership.

But you'd have to be stupid to pay 5 million for the 20 year elite when you can get two back to back 10 year elite visa's for 3 million (1.5 million each)

There's the real comparison:

(1) Pay 3.4 million now to get 20 year visa that only gives you 90 day permission of stay on entry; or

(2) Pay 3 million split over 10 years with 1.5 million now for 10 year visa that gives 1 year permission of stay on entry. Pay another 1.5 million in 10 years time therefore allowing you to invest your money for 10 years 

Edited by Pattaya57

13 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

'used' its not like a pair of shoes that gets 'worn out'... & its not the same... 

> 'Gold' 5 years membership comes with 20 points per year - 900, 000 baht.

> 'Diamond' 15 years membership comes with 55 points to spend on privileges per year - cost is 2.5 Million Baht.

The Op is charging 3.4 MB for 20.5 years, no points system - perk unlimited.

The issue there is of course that there is also a transfer fee which goes to Thai elite - it was an % of the prevailing rate and the prevailing rates have chanced, so I'm not sure if the transfer fee's have increased. 

BUT - IF the Op can offer 20 years for the same price (including trx fees) its still a better deal for someone who travels regularly and uses a lot of perks than buying direct. 

13 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Also you said in OP it only gets you 90 days on every entry. The new elite visa gets you one year on every entry. Much more useful and at 900k baht for initial 5 year visa much cheaper (1.5 million for 10 year or 2.5 million for 15 years)

This is an issue for someone who's staying here long term without wanting to leave the country. 

The S.E. Visa is a 5 year visa, but an extension is needed every 90 days, so instead of doing a 90 day report and having Thai Elite do that for you (or doing it online) you have to go to immigration in person for the 90 day extension.

It would be good if Thai Elite could sort this out and bring it into line with the P.E. Visa (that most have with the 5 year option) which is a 1 year Visa renewed every year and no extension of stay is necessary (but you need to be present at immigration each year to renew).

7 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

But is yours 90 day visa or a year? The current thai Privilege gives a year visa at once. If yours is just 90 days it's really not equivalent or comparable at all.

Its the S.E. Visa... which is a 5 year Visa... BUT, I have to do an extension every 90 days.

... which seems bonkers.. whats the point of putting a 5 year Visa Page in our Passport, and then allowing us 90 days each entry, or having to get an extension. 

Personally - in 15 years of membership I travel so much I've only needed to file an extension twice.... so the inconvenience has not been noticed by myself, however, the S.E. visa is not such a great option for someone who's staying here long term and never travels. 

I wonder, if upon transfer Thai Elite would be prepared to switch over the Visa Type from S.E. to P.E. 

-------------

S.E. Visa (5 Year sticker) - but need an extension every 90 days, renew Visa every 5 years for duration of membership.

P.E. Visa (1 Year sticker) - Renew Visa each year for duration of membership.