I Hope This Brings Hope For Anyone Going Thru What We Did

Shrek

Congrats! My father was there when my wife was awarded her citizenship. He cried. He spent months with her helping to learn the stuff that was needed for the interview. It was a bit of a long road, but well worth the process.

Best of luck in the future.

• Like 2

When my wife got her British Citizenship, the local Mayor (a lady), was there to give out the Certificates.

She was absolutely lovely, took time to make all the participants feel welcome, and made the whole thing memorable. My wife was also sent a photo of her and the Mayor a week or so later, which she treasures.

Good luck to the OP and his wife, for your future together.biggrin.png

My experience of Thai wives is less hopeful. For one the weather will not help,the job situation is diabolical,housing and every bit of life ahead is a struggle unless you already have a house.

One example a guy few years ago took his Thai wife to the UK with her 3 kids,recently she went barmy, into nut house,the 3 kids are struggling at school,send them back I say.

The amount of Thai women taking husbands to court for house/maintenance in UK is unbridled ,think the biggest proportion of foreigners are Thai women

I say forget it,there is no untold wealth there anymore,life is a misery for most and will get far worse

My experience of Thai wives is less hopeful. For one the weather will not help,the job situation is diabolical,housing and every bit of life ahead is a struggle unless you already have a house.

One example a guy few years ago took his Thai wife to the UK with her 3 kids,recently she went barmy, into nut house,the 3 kids are struggling at school,send them back I say.

The amount of Thai women taking husbands to court for house/maintenance in UK is unbridled ,think the biggest proportion of foreigners are Thai women

I say forget it,there is no untold wealth there anymore,life is a misery for most and will get far worse

If some people actually learned from their mistakes, they wouldn't do it over and over again. Get the drift?

Now she can get on the dole. smile.png

Under normal circumstances I would have deleted such a comment, as being an ignorant statement. I actually like the replies to it, so will let it stand to show what ignorance can do.

That was meant as a joke!

Dont understand the reaction to the statement, its a true fact!!!, worked paid and is entitlted to claim benefits, dont see why the comment drawn so much attention. Yet to meet a Thai in the UK that wants to go on the dole they are crazy to work. Would be nice if a few of them saw it as a country to settle in rather than just work and get the money to send home, with every intention of leaving when they reached their goals.